Aftermarket levers

Ranger77

• Member Contributer

gallery_16926_5354_530252.jpg

VFR800 - Levers Left 1.jpg

Got the same Chazzos (CHeap A@% paZZO) for my 98. 42 bucks shipped. 2 weeks turnaround. 10 minutes to fit to the bike. Short ride says they are better feeling than the stock parts. Woooot!

• Member Contributer

I ponied up the bucks and got ASV C5 levers.

They are supposed to pivot forward instead of breaking, but I think

it depends how the bike lands. Maybe good for a tip-over but I've read

people breaking them on the track. Good thing is they are replaced

under warranty.

The main reason I got them was that they have a much wider adjustment

range than the Pazzo or Chinese knockoffs.

Take a look at the website, but if you decide you want them, shop around.

MSRP is $120 per lever.

I got mine from motomummy.com but their prices have gone up since I

ordered mine. They let you mix long/short if you like. I stuck with longs

since I didn't know what shorts would feel like.

ASV Website: http://asvinventions...eakable-Levers/

Review here: http://www.roadcarvi...c5-lever-review

I also saw TRW levers listed on Ebay a while back. They look like Pazzos but

even higher priced than ASV C5s.

+1 I really like mine also .........

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Member Contributer

My knock off levers are nearly 2 years in and brilliant. I got the long ones for extra leverage.

• Member Contributer

Which levers did you fit Skids?item number? looking at Bs-motoparts.com. gold levers/adjusters, foldable and extend in lengh to suit, around the 100 euro mark. dunno how usefull the sliding extending bit will be though.

• Member Contributer

Which levers did you fit Skids?item number? looking at Bs-motoparts.com. gold levers/adjusters, foldable and extend in lengh to suit, around the 100 euro mark. dunno how usefull the sliding extending bit will be though.

They were ebay specials, cost around £20 each. Adjustable but not foldable. Really comfy and easy to get a good grip on.

Still have them on the 6th Gen but sold the ones on the 5th Gen.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

+1 on ASVs - I have the F3s in black and they look fantastic and function beautifully. You get what you pay for.

Very true, and sometimes you pay more for what you get. :beer:

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

+1 on ASVs - I have the F3s in black and they look fantastic and function beautifully. You get what you pay for.

+1 I can personally vouch for ASV's.

• Member Contributer

Without wishing to sound combative, what exactly do you get for your money with ASV/Pazzo etc that you don't get with some of the cheaper ones?

I have had sets of Chinese copies on both of my 800s and they look good and the feel is great. I'm struggling to understand what I would have got if I'd paid 3 or 4 times the price.

Genuine question.

• Member Contributer

+1 on Skids question. I'm also genuinely interested in terms of feel and operation. Super high precision bearings are great and all, but is it actually noticeable and not placebo. If I went up to the bike and squeezed the lever, would I really be able to determine if they were "knockoffs" or the premium product based on feel alone? The price difference is really insane. I can imaging them feeling better, but not 3x the price better.

Thinking about getting these: http://shop.the2wheels.com/7-Clicks-GP-Levers-Adjustable-HONDA-LE7-HO.htm

Anyone has any experience with them?

Been running that exact brand for 2 years on the 599/Hornet now, silver lever with silver adjuster. I've heard that the colored anodizing fades after some time. The pivot portion of the levers is anodized black, regardless of the lever and adjuster though and it hasn't faded at all. There was a bit of slop in the levers, maybe slightly more than stock, that I fixed with a thin brass washer on the pivot shaft.

• Member Contributer

I bought the Pazzo's before the Chinese moved in...

Would buy Chinese today no problem.

Scannen0010.jpg

• Member Contributer

I cannot vouch for the knock off brand levers as my 6 Gen has not not been tipped over or crashed yet (knock on wood) but can say that ASV levers do hold up to tip over/crashes. Not only did I low side on my Duc with only scratches to the brake lever, I also tipped over my 5 Gen with scratches being the only damage as well. I've seen OEM levers not hold up this well, on more than one VFR.

A couple of things I like about the ASV levers is the "feel" and adjustability the knob allows vs. the 6 position preset type of the knock off. The knock off levers I do have on the 6 Gen have color fading and although lever feel, as in when squeezing them, is fine they do feel less substantial than the ASV, if that makes sense.

At first I was not sure I wanted to pay the cost of the ASV, but at the time I bought the levers for the Duc, the dealer gave me a deal on them, so I went for it. When I decided to get them for the 5 Gen, I went to ASV directly and bought the refurbished ones for half price. From what I hear, they no longer offer the refurbished ones directly from their website they do still offer them if you go in orr call them.

As far as getting what you pay for or paying more for what your getting, each person has to decide what that ROI is. Not high on the priority list, But I will eventually get the ASV levers for my 6 Gen.

• Member Contributer

I just ordered the knock-off's from China on ebay...

CNC Folding&Extending Brake Clutch Levers For Honda VFR800/F 2002-2014 2013 2011

Item# 141498808716

They look great, they mount well on the bike (with a little more slop than oem as noted above), and seem like a quality unit, but it will be a while before I get to try them... but $37.01 USD shipped to Canada is a heck of a good price!

Pic added:

post-25792-0-52013100-1428235090.jpg

Edited by rhoderage