My modified VFR

Guest vfr750gaz

Guest vfr750gaz

Im personally, absolutely in love with this bike! Couldnt think of a better way to make a custom 4th gen! (Aside from a vfr800 engine:)

My next project after i have finished this is a special based around a VFR800 engine......custom frame and super charge the engine.

The only problem is with the VFR750 motor is it doesnt give up extra horse power easily and without great expense, but i cant complain as the bike i'm building now weighs next to nothing so its power to weight is greatly improved over standard.

I'll have to weigh the bike, but it feels like a scooter to push around and thats with a full tank of fuel.

Guest vfr750gaz

Looks good!!! What type of rear sets are those, and where did you get them?

There Harris rearsets designed to fit a CBR900RRX......bolt straight on with only a spacer required for the gearshift shaft fitting.

• Member Contributer

Nice looking ride. If it were mine, I might consider using the Laminova oil cooler used with the A&A supercharger kit to loose the oil "radiator". I think it would look pretty sweet with either the 599 headlight assembly or a naked stacked projector setup off a Duc 999, but that is just my preference too. Some really nice craftsmanship, especially that exhaust.

Very nice work indeed! You've done some interesting things that I haven't seen done to 4th Gens before.

Swapping the swingarm is a great idea for performance as the SSS weighs twice what a conventional arm does. Normally I'd miss the look that the SSS gives a VFR, but you've balanced it out perfectly with the dual exhaust, very clever. The VTR wheel is also lighter, so your unsprung weight at each end is greatly reduced - excellent for handling. Are you still running a 530 chain, or smaller?

The shock pivot point on the swinging arm matches up perfectly. Thats why the vfr swinging arm into a fireblade is so easy (all offsets and distances are the same).

And why CBR900/929 shocks work so well in VFRs, the linkages allow the shock to work perfectly within its design spec. Amazing how Honda parts interchange.

You have a similar side profile to mine (which has a 2002 R6 tail). The 600-class seats line up nicely to the back of the VFR tank, because even though it is such a large tank it narrows at the rear courtesy of the narrow V4 layout.

4166661450_0b615dc813_b.jpg

Guest vfr750gaz

Very nice work indeed! You've done some interesting things that I haven't seen done to 4th Gens before.

Swapping the swingarm is a great idea for performance as the SSS weighs twice what a conventional arm does. Normally I'd miss the look that the SSS gives a VFR, but you've balanced it out perfectly with the dual exhaust, very clever. The VTR wheel is also lighter, so your unsprung weight at each end is greatly reduced - excellent for handling. Are you still running a 530 chain, or smaller?

The shock pivot point on the swinging arm matches up perfectly. Thats why the vfr swinging arm into a fireblade is so easy (all offsets and distances are the same).

And why CBR900/929 shocks work so well in VFRs, the linkages allow the shock to work perfectly within its design spec. Amazing how Honda parts interchange.

You have a similar side profile to mine (which has a 2002 R6 tail). The 600-class seats line up nicely to the back of the VFR tank, because even though it is such a large tank it narrows at the rear courtesy of the narrow V4 layout.

4166661450_0b615dc813_b.jpg

The bike has the shocker in it from a cbr929 and i converted the chain to 525 to save a little weight and i have also used lots and lots of titanium fasteners.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So far the frame modifications have been easy peasy. I swapped the 4th gen adjuster for the third, which is alot shorter and seems to be perfect for this. Threads right in. I did notice that the suspension linkage doesnt exactly line up, but its pretty damn close.

• 7 months later...
Guest xVFRPATx

how hard was it to fit the cbr600rr tail subframe? Would like to know cause i was thinking about doing it as my next project.

Thank in advance

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

post-23976-0-58834700-1391548455.jpg

Bike is back, but different owner.

Feels like cheating by posting the bike here,(since I didn'tpost-23976-0-84584800-1391549053.jpg built it) but thought maybe people are still interested in it.

cheers,

Peter

ps also a picture of my own special still in progress

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I absolutely love the 4-2-2 exhaust and really like the headlights as well.

I think this bike would look amazing if a Honda 2 round headlight Bol d'Or style front fairing (even just a bikini version) could be fitted.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=10028

Welcome!

Nice to see the bike is alive and well. Maybe now we'll get to hear it? Could you post up a walkaround video of the running bike for us?

Let's see more of your project, and hear about your plans for it too!

• Member Contributer

Welcome! ...and thanks for letting us see that beautiful bike again. I'm with Seb, love to hear the exhaust :)