Got my parts back from the painter...

Guest IVOFWRA

Guest IVOFWRA

Well, like the topic says I got my parts back from the painter today. Why does it always feel like forever when your waiting on shiny new or shiny used parts? Anyway, bike is an '03 and was Force Silver. It was tipped over by the previous owner in his driveway. Just some light scuffs on the plastics, really not a big deal. I sanded down the scratches and was going to repaint the silver but then I thought "If I'm going to pay someone to paint this, I might as well repaint it a color that I REALLY like". About the same time I bought some side scoops for the Mustang that needed to be painted. I thought the price to paint the scoops seemed a little too high, and I had checked with a couple different shops. It was at this point that I had one of those retarded epiphanies, as I like to call them. Why not have the Mustang parts and the bike parts sprayed at the same time( & same color) and try to save a little money? I feel lilke a little kid at Christmas. So, here are a few teaser pics.

Stock

gallery_17898_4786_1189017.jpg

My inspiration

gallery_17898_5835_257054.jpg

Tank teaser pic

gallery_17898_5835_67059.jpg

The paint color is Ford Sonic Blue. I had a local shop replicate the stock decals in metalic silver. I will post more when I get the panels back on. Let me know what you think.

Thanks Bryan

• Member Contributer

Tank teaser pic ...

You can't do that man ... that's really off-side :dry:

:worthlesswithoutpics:

JK ... looking forward to pics of the finished product :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the parts back on the bike. I would call it about 90% done. I blacked out the radiators while it was apart & now I really want to do the rest of the frame. Also added a micron exhaust(used, from a member here) and power commander. Anyway, tell me what you think.

gallery_17898_5835_965528.jpg

New paint job

gallery_17898_5835_1352314.jpg

Close-up of new rear logo.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Bryan

• Member Contributer

Looks like factory or better. Now for the really important info, what does a pro paint job cost? - with custom cut graphics? :fing02::cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

That paint looks awesome. What would really set it off is some clear turn signals. They would go great with the silver. :beer:

P.S. sound bite required due to the Microns. :computer-noworky:

• Member Contributer

I'm an old Mustang guy too. I love the color on the Viffer...gorgeous bike!!!

• Member Contributer

I was expecting a two-tone blue and gray paint job, but I like it because it's blue and different. It reminds me of the Triumph Sprint only from the color.

Looks like very nice work.

Did the US not get blue Vtecs? Every second one I see here is Pearl Herron blue:

vfr800_05_pearl_herron_blue_1024.jpg

just a quick question - how did you go about blacking out the radiators? been thinking of doing the same ????

• Member Contributer

Did the US not get blue Vtecs? Every second one I see here is Pearl Herron blue:

I don't think so, but maybe someone more familiar with all the official colors can chime in. Most seem to be red. I am familiar with these years from what I see searching online:

2002: Red

2003: Metallic Silver

2004: Red

2005: Light Silver Metallic

2006: White or Pearl Black

2007: RWB or Candy Dark Red

2008: Metallic Silver

2009: Black

It's because of these colors that I would be interested in a 2007 or 2008. I don't like black sport bikes and would avoid the 2009 year.

Finally got the parts back on the bike. I would call it about 90% done. I blacked out the radiators while it was apart & now I really want to do the rest of the frame. Also added a micron exhaust(used, from a member here) and power commander. Anyway, tell me what you think.

It's awesome! That's a great looking paintjob! What else could we possibly think?

Now if you could get a shot of the bike next to the Roush Mustang....

• Member Contributer

I don't think so, but maybe someone more familiar with all the official colors can chime in. Most seem to be red. I am familiar with these years from what I see searching online:

It's because of these colors that I would be interested in a 2007 or 2008. I don't like black sport bikes and would avoid the 2009 year.

You forgot the coolest color: 2004 Asphalt Black

DSCN0821.JPG

• Member Contributer

You'd like the 2009 Canadian version..

I keep meaning to order those VFR name plates for mine, only $35 or something dumb like that.

honda-vfr-800.jpg

• Member Contributer

You'd like the 2009 Canadian version..

I keep meaning to order those VFR name plates for mine, only $35 or something dumb like that.

That does look nice. The Canadian 2009 model is "White Special Edition". I would think Honda would keep the North America bikes the same but what do I know.

• Member Contributer

That looks really nice, congrats. If my RWB is ever in need of a repaint, I'm going to go with solid metallic blue. And I agree with Always, get a set of newer, clear signal lights and it'll compliment it nicely.

Archived