Frankenfilter...........It breathes.

coderighter

Guest NASAenginerd

Could you post your power commander map and a list of current modifications when your autotune settles down. Please!

It could be a big help for people with Power Commander iii.

Sure, if it stops raining here!

For this kit-bash...do you NEED auto-tune, or just PC-III ok?

Ever get a chance to finalize your map?

• Member Contributer

For those that don't like cotton gaze and would rather go paper-

K&N 33-2700 fits the following:

1988-1998 SUZUKI VITARA 1.6L L4 F/I - 257MM x 206MM

1989-1995 SUZUKI SIDEKICK 1.6L L4 TBI - All

1989-1995 GEO TRACKER 1.6L L4 TBI - VIN U

I'm guessing since K&N filter are usaully not as thick, make sure the paper filter you find is less than an inch thick.

(Ironic that it's a filter for a Suzuki)

I know those vehicles. LOL I'm gonna go the paper route. OEM filters are over priced and I've used K&N's on both motorcycles and vehicles and I don't think they filter that great (uh oh argument starter).

• 2 years later...
  • Member Contributer

ding ding! I never saw this thread before. How about using my unused K&N VFR drop in and combine it with my unused 350 True Flow? End result would be pipercross like: Getting 2 flexible rubbers to bond stable is my only concern.

post-24095-0-37599900-1394096023.jpg

• Member Contributer

Thanks Coderighter... I missed this the first time around. Looking forward to applying the learnings to my 5th gen project.

Did you get your fi map sorted on the top end? Are you using the Turbo City FPR?

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

All that is mentioned is a 2 liter Nisson. I am interested as well. Been using my same K N filter for ever. Like the idea of a disposable filter. Honda charges around what $45 for their throw away? Last time I checked I don't like cleaning and oiling filters. Too many dirt bikes in my garage I guess.

So the frame is from ? And the paper filter is from ? Inquiring cheapskates want to know.

There's also a couple of Suzuki autos mentioned in post #21 for the element... the frame is from the Honda oem filter

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk