removing rear axle

V4 Rosso

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Today I learned success sometimes takes 22 tons of pressure...

Twenty-two.....tons. :huh:

That's what the pressure gauge showed on the H-press before it went -POP-

Thanks for confirming the bearings are still in great shape, it means I will leave mine well alone.... :laughing6-hehe:

Zo, nu eerst een Bavaria.......... :beer:

Yeah as long as mine spins freely, I 'll consider a life time PART. Why to all these guys with frozen parts also have rusty chains?

• Member Contributer

Thanks for confirming the bearings are still in great shape, it means I will leave mine well alone.... :laughing6-hehe:

Zo, nu eerst een Bavaria.......... :beer:

Yeah as long as mine spins freely, I 'll consider a life time PART. Why to all these guys with frozen parts also have rusty chains?

Yeah. Most people won't bother with this unless they have a reason to. Not sure what you're on about with the rusty chain though.

No help on a tool or method suggestion for the clip to remove the eccentric? I might just spend the money on a large retaining ring plier. Didn't have much luck with anything else in my toolbox. Not exactly easy to do with a loose swingarm either.

• Member Contributer

Yeah. Don't have any snap ring pliers at home, and I forgot to look at work before I left today. Was almost thinking of just griding down the needle nose pliers to work if it comes to it. Tried to get it with just two small pry bars, but no go. Another tool to add to the box I guess.

Another tool to add to the box I guess.

The snap ring pliers I have are too small and I used some needle nose pliers, but next time I am getting some larger snap ring pliers, saves a lot of time and hassle.

Archived