Police style crash bars

ciprinakos

Hi,

anybody know where such crash bars can be found? :computer-noworky:

Although I have crash sliders (home) made by duramid (a near steel strong plastic type) I would prefer to have some crash bars as the ones shown in the picture.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

:laugh:

post-17864-0-21652900-1301473592_thumb.j

• Member Contributer

I don't know where to get them. Just curious why you want them though.

If you want to protect from tip-over, then regular sliders will do just fine.

These bars will do nothing to protect plastics in case of a crash at any speed above 5 MPH. They may result in even more damage though when they fold and crush plastics and possibly radiators. Just my 2C

• Member Contributer

These bars will do nothing to protect plastics in case of a crash at any speed above 5 MPH. They may result in even more damage though when they fold and crush plastics and possibly radiators. Just my 2C

Crash bars are much more effective than frame sliders. You just don't see them used often because they are typically focused on the stunt bike market.

• Member Contributer

Crash bars are much more effective than frame sliders. You just don't see them used often because they are typically focused on the stunt bike market.

Stunters have crash cages - 3 points of attachment (at least). These crash bars have two. Furthermore, since the two points attach to aluminum parts, I don't think that they will be as effective as those on cruisers, where they attach to steel. JMHO. No evidence to support any of it.

• Member Contributer

Where do they attach? I'm guessing the top uses the same motor mount as Radar's sliders, but where's the bottom mount going?

Glenn