new guy gets to install a stator

Guest Bgrdtrk702

• Member Contributer

363677e1.jpg

First up, that stator looks fine. It's brown on one side because that side is not in the oil and does not get cooled by the oil. It can still be stuffed of course - but don't judge it by it's colour unless it's seriously black.

Secondly, what were the AC voltages you were seeing? You said they were low, but were they all the same? What rpms did you measure them at?

Agree that the stator *looks* fine. That is bog-standard discolouration. FYI, this is what a truly fried stator looks like:

gallery_362_402_14644.jpg

VFR400R burned Out stator X

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Wll i ended up having to swap out the flywheel. See how i had the pre-recal stator. Got it all back together last night and checked all my voltages. Everything is looking great. Thanks for all the help everyone.

So the Rick's stator is the larger one, yes? Worth knowing for anyone else with an '02 and needing a new stator!

By the way where did you buy your flywheel and for how much?

Well it may not look that bad but it did have a problem. Voltage from it wasnt correct. And yes the ricks stators are to oem spec which would be the larger one due to the recall of the smaller one. But honda only sells the new flywheel as a complete generator set acording to my dealer. It comes with new stator flywheel. New stator hardware and a gasket. It ran me about 260 for everything. Bike has about 200 miles on it since repair and everthing is running great. I have been checkin voltages preride and after to make sure everything is good.

• Member Contributer

But they were ran by the honda tech at my local shop and he said it was failed for sure.

This is what concerned me!!

Glad ya got it all sorted, this place aint the greatest for mechanics.

BTW...welcome, you riding with 702?

But they were ran by the honda tech at my local shop and he said it was failed for sure.

Well the guy i bought the bike from is a mech at ridenow/honda and he was the one who helped me with the diagnosis. Im not quite sure what u mean by riding with 702. Yah i am in vegan. No im not in any MC.

• Member Contributer

Well the guy i bought the bike from is a mech at ridenow/honda and he was the one who helped me with the diagnosis. Im not quite sure what u mean by riding with 702. Yah i am in vegan. No im not in any MC.

702Sportbikes is what I was talking about, its in your screen name so I thought.....wrong.

Hope ya got it all sorted out, good luck

Cheers

Archived