Rear Wheel Conversion (Car Wheel)

Guest BigCarl

Guest DannyMoto

I'm running 190 on a 7 inch rim - I dont se any " flattened" shape

I'm not an expert driver but have been to trackdays a couple of times - and yes it's easier to use the thread all to the edge - but when running in the traffic I don't feel any change

My rim is a look a like split

attachicon.gif2013-06-21 16.58.22.jpg

That looks great!!! The final product really came together with the gold.

Makes me want to play around with my 6th gen now...

• 1 year later...
Guest ginja1000

Hi i`m new to this forum so hello everybody.I love all the hate in this thread so i`m probably goin to create some more.......i am about to embark on a custom build on a vtr 1000 firestorm and i wanna go down this wide rear wheel route.I have sourced a vfr single sided swing arm from an 800 fi model and know how to make it fit my storm what i want is a clear guide as to what i need to fit the car rim and wide tyre i.e the spacer i need and the correct size rim including off set etc can somebody break it down for me in plain english please.

• 1 year later...

A bit late to the party again, but thought I'd chime in.

Has nobody considered the rear wheel from a Ducati Diavel. I think they're 8" and there's a ready made Pirelli (240 width) to suit that rim and it's certainly not detrimental to the handling of that bike.

Just seems like an obvious option to try if you want a fat rear wheel and tyre on a motorcycle. You'd need to re-work the rear axle to suit the Ducati wheel's mounting, but plenty of people have done that to mount all sorts of other wheels. At least you wouldn't be up against the bike/car bead incompatibility issue.