Rear Wheel Conversion (Car Wheel)

Guest BigCarl

• Member Contributer
He's got extra one and mite sell it unless he has two VFR's

He does and he is. I still want to know where he got it.

Here one place I found !!!!!!!!!

http://www.ezaccesso.../4450-4450k.htm

OPPS Try this one !!!!!!

http://www.ezaccesso.../4100-4100z.htm

Its not flea bay but they do SELL them ..

Guest BigCarl
He's got extra one and mite sell it unless he has two VFR's

He does and he is. I still want to know where he got it.

Here one place I found !!!!!!!!!

http://www.ezaccesso.../4450-4450k.htm

OPPS Try this one !!!!!!

http://www.ezaccesso.../4100-4100z.htm

Its not flea bay but they do SELL them ..

I want to note that I just typed in 4x100 x 4x100 1.25" adapter in ebay and found several. The ones I bought were from tireshopsupplies. I also should say you can use any wheel that is a 17x7 and has a 42mm offset The adapter can change the bolt pattern as well like 4x100 to 5x100 or any wheel you want. Also the center of the Adapter may need to be filed or ground to clear the center of the hub. I used a cut off wheel and a die grinder and took out a little to let it fit without hitting. That was the only mod needed and was not hard.

• Member Contributer

Cant wait to see how it rides. If you look at buying a used VFR rear wheel its $350 to $400 and will must likely have to have it painted or powder coated easy $500 for all. I f you go your route your looking at $175(lug,wheel,adapter) plus tire. You run this set up and then when you go "DRAGON" riding you put the VFR rear wheel back on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
Guest BigCarl

I want to thank everyone for the intrest in this thread. I would like to say that I love the VFR ride and power. Holy V-TEC I rode for 10 miles before getting to 7000 RPMs. That made me smile. :bliss: Well I am happy with my tire and wheel, I was worried about the fit and ride but it worked out great. I am going to purchase more spacers and do the clearance work for the hub. If others want to try this option just P.M. me. Thanks and RIDE SAFE. Carlpost-22078-0-44534500-1308919238_thumb.j

• 4 months later...
Guest emanonsc2

I know its been a while since this thread has been touched, but im new and im about to do this conversion but wanted to just conferm some stuff. Seems like all i need is a 17x7 rim with a 4x100 pattern and a 42mm offset, then a 1.25" spacer and thats it. I have a 99 vfr800. Thank u guy

• 1 month later...
Guest BigCarl

Also a 7000 mile update, works great the only issue is that the speedo is 4 MPH off. ( showing faster than actual speed) I am going to change gears so that should help. I show even wear on the Dunlop roadsmart and it's almost to the wear indicator at 7000 miles. I corner hard and ride hard no issues. Have drug the pegs a few times along with my boots. I feel this was a gamble that worked out. I pulled the exhaust off just behind the cat and bought a tip at the local parts store for $10 I love the sound. My wife however did not like the melted shoe. I hope this update helps.

CARL

• 1 month later...
Guest devilsyam

hi

yep first post and jumping rite in feet first

found this via google

this is wot i'm upto cb1000r arm vfr 800 wheels (but in to a yamaha sorry)

321659_10150366051191779_720991778_9603582_2075359900_n.jpg

cb1000 arm 255mm across the axle

welded a lower link point on

297066_10150388399946779_720991778_9719307_1351189987_n.jpg

here fitted with the vfr wheel

409421_10150632880331779_720991778_10725288_2061857649_n.jpg

401012_10150599924721779_720991778_10630458_378787901_n.jpg

would love to try the car wheel options this wheel has a offset of 49 and a 4 x 100 4 stud spacing

any help would be appriciated

• Member Contributer

Mercy... what in hell is an over weight car wheel doing on a VFR??? I'm going to have to report you to Honda for adding what amounts to a brick to their bike...

Wow, that's an interesting way to go about it. The CBR1000R swingarm is certainly a lot prettier than the VFR ones.

Keep us posted! Sorry I can't help on the wheel fitment info, but looks to me that you are 90% of the way there already.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BigCarl

I have been contacted by several riders who are putting the VFR swingarm on other Hondas but not other brands. That is cool and I hope you pull it off.

Guest emanonsc2

Ive put about 500 miles on mine and i think it rides just fine. I love it, every time im stopped some were i have people staring at my bike and have had alot of people come up to me and tell me how bad a&& it looks.

• 1 month later...

This looks like such a brilliant idea that I wanna give it a crack too..

As my overall colour is still blue I was thinking a white WRC style rim (think Subaru Impreza) would suit nice. Somethin like this:

WRC_image03.jpg

Also I was a bit concerned about the bead profile as most car rims are asymmetrical but it seems that any standard JJ style rim (has a safety bead on both sides instead of just one) would be safe enough.

Now just the problem of finding a wheel like this that doesn't involve buying 4 of them :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

not 200 it's a Mic pilot road 190 fits great and good handling cant feel any difference

I used to ride similar tyre on my 5,5 inch - but this looks much better

but I think I'll go for a 200 or maybe a 210 next

post-5137-0-15442700-1336511361.jpg

Edited by Helweg Denmark

• Member Contributer

Sir Helweg, I know I speak for the rest of us when I say, we would like some more detail on your case please!

I'd have to agree. Why would you want more weight and a wider base of contact for the rear tire? That makes the tire flatter which would make it more difficult to turn in.

I'm not slamming your idea, I'm just not sure I see any advantage to this. Is it just to have a different wheel on the back?

Mercy... what in hell is an over weight car wheel doing on a VFR??? I'm going to have to report you to Honda for adding what amounts to a brick to their bike...