Up Side Down Fork

Qwerc

I think the complete Fireblade (CBR929/954) front end are the most common and are a direct bolt on since the steering head bearings are the same as the VFR

Are you sure it's not VFR upper bearing and CBR929/954 or RC51 SP-1 lower bearing ? That's the way it was on my '99 VFR800.

I think the guys over at All Balls have done a couple of bearing replacement kits for people putting inverted forks on their VFR's.

Is the SP1 lower bearing different from the VFR, as well as the SP2?

Every Honda since the late 70's uses the exact same bearing kit (top & bottom) with the following model exceptions: RC30, RC51 SP2, and 08+ CBR1000RR.

• Member Contributer

Is the SP1 lower bearing different from the VFR, as well as the SP2?

Every Honda since the late 70's uses the exact same bearing kit (top & bottom) with the following model exceptions: RC30, RC51 SP2, and 08+ CBR1000RR.

And NC30...

You forgot one. :happy:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/57685-let-the-mods-begin-part-ii/

The lower bearing are different between the VFR, SP1, and SP2. VFR and the SP1 are the same diameter, but different thichness. That's why the 3mm spacer when using the SP1 lower bearing.The SP2 is a larger diameter.

Edited by RustyA

• Member Contributer
The lower bearing are different between the VFR, SP1, and SP2. VFR and the SP1 are the same diameter, but different thichness. That's why the 3mm spacer when using the SP1 lower bearing.The SP2 is a larger diameter.

Six years. No spacer. I think I will just keep riding it this way.