Neglected VFR

Guest Scot

• Member Contributer

Holy kitty crap Batman! :excl:

I knew the Chinese were using 9 year olds to make their cheap stuff....I just didn't know they were allowing them to drink on the job.

I hope you can get a replacement part because I think they are happy living off of the 20% restock fee and never actually selling a kit...

• Member Contributer

Well, remind them some nice 10,000 VFR riders read what you report on nicecycle.....

:biggrin:

Well, remind them some nice 10,000 VFR riders read what you report on nicecycle.....

:biggrin:

I'm sure he's already scanning VFR forums to see if I'd posted. hehe. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes bad products go out. How they step up to fix that situation shows me what kind of comapny they are.

I've decided I want to return it. I'm not going through the mess of getting replacement pieces because I'm afraid I'll be saddled up with more ill fitting panels. The last 4 plus hours I've spent trying to get this stuff to fit is enough time to last me til I'm no longer able to ride.

The last few days responses have been spotty and he's side stepping the return. He wants more pictures and that requires me refitting them all over again. Sorry, but I've used up enough of my extremely scarce free time all ready trying to monkey with this stuff. Nice cycle has been professional, but I'm looking for action at this point.

I've refitted the fairing kit again.

The warmer weather this weekend probably helped. It was almost 60 and parts seemed a little happier to go together. It's still not perfect. I spent some adjusting fairing mounts and to me, the fairing looks presentable. It's not a factory fit though.

I'll snap some pictures when I am home during daylight.

Points of interest and helpful hints.

Buy new rubber fairing threaded inserts. Trying to pry the old ones out and re-insert them into the other fairing is a fool's errand. They get hard over time and tear.

When you install the rubber inserts, thread the fairing screws through them before you mount them on the bike. THe rubber can get distorted and make it a bear to get the damned thing threaded.

A T-handle allen wrench will allow you to put a little force into the screw when you are trying to get them threaded. Don't push too hard or you'll be re-inserting that rubber nutsert.

Heat the fairings up if it's cold out. Trying to go this in 20-25F weather sucks. Factory fairings....sure, Nicecycle's fairing are a little more flexible. 30-40 degrees warmer can be the difference.

tighten NOTHING. Thread the fairing screws a little and leave it all loose. You'll be shifting this here and there so you need the ability to do so.

Test all of your hardware with the threaded inserts. You might be shopping at the hardware store for suitable replacements. The thread pitch was different in some areas and in others the factory screws weren't long enough because the threaded portions were deeper in the wells than the factory stuff.

You must use the supplied windscreen. I tried and tried to get the factory one to work and no dice.

Once you get everything lined up as close as possible, tighten it up. Remember, don't over tighten. Just a few foot lbs for fairing screws. I usually go snug and a quarter turn.

There's going to be some cursing. There's going to be some scraped knuckles and sore fingers. Take your time.

Was it worth $800? (ok, $740 because I found a promo code online)

I'm guessing the shipping was probably $200 from China. It's a big box.

Yes and no. If you want factory fairing, buy factory fairing. From a place like ronayers.com just two side fairings minus stickers are over $700. So, if you only need a piece or two of factory fairing to make your bike perfect, spend the money to do that.

If every piece of plastic on your bike is jacket up, the nicecycle kit might be an alternative. You're going to work for it though.

Edited by Scot

Thats awfully nice, thanks. Give me a paypal addy and I'll send it over, my zip is 37082

Did I ever send you my payal addy? No biggie if you aren't interested. Just making sure you weren't waiting on me.

from this

5391081494_30e003c84e_b.jpg

it sure looks a whole lot better.

Well done :fing02:

thanks. I should have posted a picture of when I got it. That's when you'd see the real difference.

It was matte red and busted all to hell. I had the local shop give it a solid eye over before I bought it. Everything was straight and true and had no real damage once the fairings were pulled off. Just needed some serious TLC.