Even Better Pazzo lookalike levers now available

SEBSPEED

There are now folding, extendable levers available, for $60 shipped. If they fit like all the rest, GREAT DEAL!

Here's an example: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-VFR800-98-99-00-01-Foldable-Extendable-Lever-G-/250752235863?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a61ff7957

007B.jpg

007C.jpg

• Member Contributer

I was just reading the threads on Pazzo and the knock offs... nice. Pull the trigger and order on Friday. Waiting to see if a few of the guys in town want some.

I've been waiting for the Chinese guys to install replaceable brass bushings in the pivot holes. Interestingly, the pics appear to show one of the levers with a bushing, but the other with none. The ebay site doesn't suggest a bushing is there (just says hole is precision whatever), so I'll wait. Aluminum wears pretty quickly and I don't want a sloppy lever that's pretty.

• Member Contributer

Incredibly low price, and with more features than the Pazzos. I already have Pazzos, but would have tried these first if I'd known about them. Nice find!

• Member Contributer

Can't wait to hear a "live" report.

I just threw $60 at them a few minutes ago. When they come I can report on how they compare to the Pazzo's that are on my GSXR.

• Member Contributer

Seb

Are you buying these? I would like to see video close up of your first impression when you crack open the box. I am interested in hearing your thought on all of those joints and pivots. Do the send instruction to used a thread lock? Is there any play in the slide, how well is it machined or cast?

Seb

Are you buying these? I would like to see video close up of your first impression when you crack open the box. I am interested in hearing your thought on all of those joints and pivots. Do the send instruction to used a thread lock? Is there any play in the slide, how well is it machined or cast?

I'm going to order a set for a project next week when my bank account gets recharged. I have tried Pazzo levers in the past and didn't like the way they felt, I prefer the blade feel of the stock levers. With this particular variant, it seems that the extended portion will give me the thinner feel that I prefer. No comment on build quality from me until I have them in my hands, sorry!

• Member Contributer

ps - I really like the "titanium" color offering, as I find black levers too dark and the silver anodized ones too bright. These look right up my alley.

i look forward to seeing your reports........

• Member Contributer

What is the advantage of the folding feature?

So when some numb-skull tips over your bike (I would NEVER do that to my own bike of course), the lever theoretically "folds" instead of snapping off...

Guest silkysmooth

What is the advantage of the folding feature?

So when some numb-skull tips over your bike (I would NEVER do that to my own bike of course), the lever theoretically "folds" instead of snapping off...

I ride with a guy on a 848 duc with the fold away levers,low sided and indeed the fold away levers where not trashed thanks to the design.

Good find worth owning!! Also if another bike gets close on th left handle bar end it's less likely to lock up the front brake,with that lever.fing02.gif

I ride with a guy on a 848 duc with the fold away levers,low sided and indeed the fold away levers where not trashed thanks to the design.

Good find worth owning!! Also if another bike gets close on th left handle bar end it's less likely to lock up the front brake,with that lever.fing02.gif

What the font man? You trying to code your message or something??

Yes, the idea is that the levers fold away instead of breaking.

Figures, after I pull the trigger on the DCPLALL's, Seb, you have to show me these.

Yes but remember, you can buy 3 sets of the type i listed before you hit (almost) the same amount that (1) set of Pazzos would cost! :warranty:

• Member Contributer

I have the Pazzo look alikes on both V-stroms and they are exactly same quality as Pazzo.....very happy with them.

I love the chinese sellers names on ebay......I buy from FIRE DRAGON BROS but really want to try HEY MAN....now when a company is called HEY MAN are the levers any good? YES DUDE, lol.

probably every single one is out of the same factory.

Really Nice quality to me from Fire Dragon Brothers.

HEY MAN

Are these for a 5th or 6th gen? I'm really looking forward to a report also.

The one I linked is 5th gen. If you follow the link, and view the seller's listings you will find the VTEC listing as well. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I have the Pazzo look alikes on both V-stroms and they are exactly same quality as Pazzo.....very happy with them.

I love the chinese sellers names on ebay......I buy from FIRE DRAGON BROS but really want to try HEY MAN....now when a company is called HEY MAN are the levers any good? YES DUDE, lol.

probably every single one is out of the same factory.

Really Nice quality to me from Fire Dragon Brothers.

HEY MAN

On a similar but totally unrelated note, I replaced a 5 year old Whirlpool dishwasher today with a new Maytag model. I would swear that the two machines were produced in the same Chinese factory of basically all the same parts with the only difference being the stainless tub on the new one and the cosmetics on the doors. Talk about mass production! I bet all the manuafacture's products are produced in just a few factories.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikethaninefive

I ordered my chinese levers from the2wheels.com on Dec.23 and just got them today. I hate to admit it but they are schweeet! My clutch actually feels easier to pull in and the brake feels great too! There was some concern if there was a brass bushing in the brake lever and there is not, but I'll keep an eye on how it wears and if needed put a bushing in. The color matches and I had mine engraved (which also came out perfect) The pics really do not do these levers justice- they have the cool swirly machining marks that the pricey ones do. I'm just taken back at the quality- way better than I was expecting. I'll put up pics shortly. :) Oh, by the way- $50 shipped.

• Member Contributer

On a similar but totally unrelated note, I replaced a 5 year old Whirlpool dishwasher today with a new Maytag model. I would swear that the two machines were produced in the same Chinese factory of basically all the same parts with the only difference being the stainless tub on the new one and the cosmetics on the doors. Talk about mass production! I bet all the manuafacture's products are produced in just a few factories.

I know this is entirely :offtopic:

Whirlpool bought out Maytag in 2006; I would not be surprised if both of those models were made in the same factory (just like Ford & Mercury).

However, I would note that they do make at least some of their appliances in the US (or, at least, they were still doing so recently).

(I have a relative who worked for Maytag up until the 2006 acquisitions.)

Ron

• Member Contributer

Okay, I bit. Here's my report:

Overall, good value. I'm satisfied. I got them because its always bugged me that I can't rotate the brake lever assembly forward any more than I can. (The MC interferes with the clip-on riser.) So I thought being able to move the lever a little closer to the grip might help the wrist fatigue a little. So far, so good.post-19514-0-35173500-1296852935_thumb.j

There are a few details to criticize though.

1) Though the overall machining is very good, they leave the fasteners pretty loose at the factory. This gives them more slop in the (several) moving parts than optimal. However if you try to snug up the nut on the cap screws, the nut recess will prevent a socket or open end from going on. I solved this by adding a stainless steel flat washer and a bronze lock washer to raise up the nut a bit.post-19514-0-77825700-1296853079_thumb.j

2) Again, the machining of the dove-tails on the sliding extensions is well done overall, but the design calls for a nylon flat washer to conform enough under the screw head to lock in the slider. It doesn't. (One side was a little better than the other.) I solved this with an o-ring under the ss washer.post-19514-0-48232400-1296853159_thumb.j

3) One of the slider screw heads had a defective allen socket. That makes three different fastener upgrade/replacements I had to make.post-19514-0-63248300-1296853229_thumb.j

4) The main pivots don't have bronze bushings for the shoulder bolts. I lubed them. I'll just have to see how they last. (Strange though because the adjustment pivots do have them.)

Anyway, I can't argue with the value. No way I could come close to putting something like that together for $69.99. (Initial link said 59.99, but when you get to the ebay page its 69.99). So I give em a B+ Thanks for the tip Seb.