Some pics

keny

I like it! It would be a better bike on the roads here in Mississippi than my 6th gen was. A bit more suspension travel and a more upright seating position. (But I'd take my VFR back in a heartbeat, if I could.)

David

• Member Contributer

Yep, I reckon they're a good thing.

Thx for posting Keny but I think we've seen most of the pics already - isn't it time Honda bought out some different pics and decent video so as to whet our proverbial whistles a little more? A quick search for crossrunner videos reveals nothing new since the launch. :mellow:

This same old strange video is as good as it gets!? linky

I think a large displacement, shaft drive off roader makes perfect sense...

XR_1500R_3.jpg

XR_1500R_6.jpg

:laughing6-hehe:

thats a good one :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Found this artist's forecast of the crossrunner (b4 it was released) on another site.

gallery_19264_5124_47320.jpg

Crossrunner concept

I think the footpegs need to be lowered about 2" to make it useful for off roading. The bike is easier to control with legs extended and feet below the center of gravity of the bike - Honda failed on that one by re-using the VTEC rearsets.

I think the footpegs need to be lowered about 2" to make it useful for off roading. The bike is easier to control with legs extended and feet below the center of gravity of the bike - Honda failed on that one by re-using the VTEC rearsets.

I think Honda didnt have in mind a thru offroader, just a cool looking all prupose ROAD bike.

I do think its a slightly higher and detuned VTEC under then new clothes. By getting the bike slightly higher would explane the slightly longer wheelbase (longer fork legs)

I think Honda didnt have in mind a thru offroader, just a cool looking all prupose ROAD bike.

I do think its a slightly higher and detuned VTEC under then new clothes. By getting the bike slightly higher would explane the slightly longer wheelbase (longer fork legs)

When I say "off road", I mean anything other than asphalt. I'm not talking about riding trails or MX with it, just saying that lower footing gives more control in slippery conditions like wet/snow/gravel/dirt/etc.

When I say "off road", I mean anything other than asphalt. I'm not talking about riding trails or MX with it, just saying that lower footing gives more control in slippery conditions like wet/snow/gravel/dirt/etc.

Well I did mean whit road, tarmac and hard based non tarmac roads, just like the Kawasaki Versys is designed for. The tire size says mutch alredy even there is DS like rubber in that dimension awable.

I do have to sa if the 6th gen is any as good on a gravel road as my 5th gen, it might work there to at lower speeds.

It just needs a set of these:

d616_set.gif

They are amazing in the rain, rode from Cleveland OH to Silver Springs MD on a set, rained the whole time... and not that "sprinkley stuff"

CIMG0288-1.jpg

• Member Contributer

I don't like it.

To me it just further reinforces what I've been asking myself all along regarding Honda's VFR team: What in the world were they thinking??

That bike is based on a design that's been around since 2002. The wheels, rotors, and who knows what else have been around since 1998. I don't see how they expect that bike to be competitive.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

I don't get it. It doesn't really off-road, it's not really a naked, it's less freeway-friendly due to the aerodynamics, it's not really a hooligan bike. I mean, I guess it's more ergonomic, but since when does ANYONE bitch about the 6th gen's ergos?

Mike

• Member Contributer

I know it is reported to have 7 hp lower than the 6th gen (another report indicates as much as 10 hp down) but I dont believe they detuned the engine, i think it is just the more restirctive exhaust and single can...

Archived