Fake Ohlins forks

SEBSPEED

Well, I was kind of kidding. I am going to have some made up because I have those R1 forks with the Ohlins springs. I will let you know.

In that case, I'll ask Throttlepimp if he'll make us some. How many do you want, and what size? PM me!

Hey viffer, I pm'd Throttlepimp - definitely getting some for myself; let me know if you want some as well!

I PM'd you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so when can i send my superhawk forks north to greg for a rebuild and farther north to you for a makeover?

I could do both. :wink:

Just not in the very near future as I'm quite busy with work. :lobby:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
  • Member Contributer
On 2010-11-11 at 11:17 AM, SEBSPEED said:

Thanks Dmitry.

In case anyone wants to know, I prepped the tubes with scuffing paste and a grey(fine) Scotch-Brite cloth, then they were shot with 4 light coats of the Pagan Gold kandy which was mixed with an extra .5 part of reducer to thin it out more.

I'll post more pics of the forks after I get them assembled.

Hey Seb, if you had to repaint the forks before using the gold candy, do you have to paint them with a bright silver base coat??  And a clear coat over top I assume ? 

11 hours ago, zoomzoom said:

Hey Seb, if you had to repaint the forks before using the gold candy, do you have to paint them with a bright silver base coat??  And a clear coat over top I assume ? 

Yes sir. HOK recommends their Orion Silver as the basecoat for Pagan Gold Kandy. You can "brush" the basecoat with a scuff pad if you want to achieve a better faux-metal look. 

Archived