Fake Ohlins forks

SEBSPEED

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Cant wait to see the fake remote rear adjustment that you have to do now just so it's complete :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

I agree with BR,,,,, what a poser :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

You suck SEB. I wish you lived closer. We could farkle for hours and hours. You do some sweet stuff. How in the hell do you find the time! Is the misses happy, need any help? JK bro, very nice. I still want your custom fender, amzing work. I would end up with a fender in the trash can.

:laughing6-hehe:

Hats off to you and HOK for that result.

Any secrets on the prep?

Prep described above. The only "secret" here is that I started with a part that has a machined finish. That gives it a deeper, more 3 dimensional look.

Cant wait to see the fake remote rear adjustment that you have to do now just so it's complete :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

I agree with BR,,,,, what a poser :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

No fake adjuster needed pal - the real one is there.

You suck SEB. I wish you lived closer. We could farkle for hours and hours. You do some sweet stuff. How in the hell do you find the time! Is the misses happy, need any help? JK bro, very nice. I still want your custom fender, amzing work. I would end up with a fender in the trash can.

Have Dremel, will travel? I could bring it down at the next TMAC I make it to, or you could send your fender up here when the snow hits the ground?

Oh and, everyone's happy here, but thanks so much for your offer. :rolleyes: :goofy:

:laughing6-hehe:

Hats off to you and HOK for that result.

Any secrets on the prep?

Prep described above. The only "secret" here is that I started with a part that has a machined finish. That gives it a deeper, more 3 dimensional look.

No fake adjuster needed pal - the real one is there.

Have Dremel, will travel? I could bring it down at the next TMAC I make it to, or you could send your fender up here when the snow hits the ground?

Oh and, everyone's happy here, but thanks so much for your offer. :rolleyes: :goofy:

I have a dremel. I used it mainly in my car days. I cut out many bodies but I couldnt do the fender like you. You da man.

• Member Contributer

Do you anticipate any problems with stiction or any other problems resulting from the finish maybe not being as smooth as the original coatings on the forks?

I didn't make any alterations to the fork tube itself, just cosmetic changes on the outside of the slider and the fork bottom(these are USD forks).

The tube is masked off with the blue tape you can see there, and I did a careful job of backtaping the sliders so no paint would get inside. . :fing02:

Oh, gotcha. Thought you painted the surface of the part that slides into the upper.

• Member Contributer

Fork you :laughing6-hehe: I get it :laughing6-hehe: it's funny because he he used the word "fork" instead of the other work (which is naughty) and it nade it funny :laughing6-hehe: although the added picture of the forks was great :laughing6-hehe: and painted flat black to boot, which gives it deeper meaning :laughing6-hehe: OMG you guys are the best.

I really do enjoy all this forking humor :laughing6-hehe:

Speaking of flat black, I think I would like to see some ghosted skulls worked in to the paint job you have. If I owned it that is, just my thoughts.

HAve a great Friday all

This very cool. My question/concern is sliding those into the trees w/out scratching them after all that work. I think I would be paranoid and end up detailing the inside of the clamps, sprinkling them with holy water and have a strong Jack and coke standing by... to celebrate with or numb the pain if even one itty bitty scatch happens.

• Member Contributer

How did that cost compare to Powder Coating? Same, more, less?

I dig the shinny gold BTW

The cost will likely depend on who does the coating. The guy that I'm using now doesn't know of any powders that are a match for the gold anodize look, although there is "talk in the PC community" of developing such a powder.

I powered almost everthing on a old SECA 900 some years back. It turned out hard as nails but the colors were a bit limited then. And it was all free, a friend owed me big time and pulled some strings I never saw the tab.

Keep it going, there has to be at least one other part that NEEDS to be painted the same color just to bring it all together.

• Member Contributer

I would have painted mine different.

HSB17SP.jpg

Hey Timmy, Fork You!! :goofy:

:offtopic:

an Italian tourist on the island of Malta

One day I gonna to Malta to a big hotel, in the morning I go down to eat a breakfast. I tell the waitress that I want two pieces of toast. She brings me only one piece. I tell her "I wanna two pieces". She say "Go to the toilet". I say

"you don't understand, I wanna two pieces on my plate". She say to me, "you better not piss on the plate, you sonnawabitch". I do not even know this lady and she call me a sonnawabitch!!

Later I go to eat at a bigger restaurant. The waiter brings

me a Spoon and a knife but no fock. I tell her "I wanna a fock" and she tella me : "everyone wanna f@ck". I tella her " you don't understand me...I wanna fock on the table". She say : "you better not f@ck on the table you sonnawabitch."

So I go back to my room in my hotel and there is no sheets on the bed. I call the manager and tell him "I wanna a sheet". he tell me to go the toilet. I say "you don't understand I wanna a sheet on my bed". He say: "you better not shit on the bed, you sonnawabitch".

I go to the Check out and the man at the desk said "peace on you".and I say: "Piss on you too, you sonnawabicth". I gonna back to Italy

• Member Contributer

I would have painted mine different.

HSB17SP.jpg

Hey Timmy, Fork You!! :goofy:

:offtopic:

an Italian tourist on the island of Malta

One day I gonna to Malta to a big hotel, in the morning I go down to eat a breakfast. I tell the waitress that I want two pieces of toast. She brings me only one piece. I tell her "I wanna two pieces". She say "Go to the toilet". I say

"you don't understand, I wanna two pieces on my plate". She say to me, "you better not piss on the plate, you sonnawabitch". I do not even know this lady and she call me a sonnawabitch!!

Later I go to eat at a bigger restaurant. The waiter brings

me a Spoon and a knife but no fock. I tell her "I wanna a fock" and she tella me : "everyone wanna f@ck". I tella her " you don't understand me...I wanna fock on the table". She say : "you better not f@ck on the table you sonnawabitch."

So I go back to my room in my hotel and there is no sheets on the bed. I call the manager and tell him "I wanna a sheet". he tell me to go the toilet. I say "you don't understand I wanna a sheet on my bed". He say: "you better not shit on the bed, you sonnawabitch".

I go to the Check out and the man at the desk said "peace on you".and I say: "Piss on you too, you sonnawabicth". I gonna back to Italy

:laughing6-hehe: :fing02:

• Member Contributer

New picture bump! :smile:

Man, you expect us to go all the way back to the first post?

So are they more yellow than you wanted them? Figured the thinner didn't help, but they don't look as bright as I first thought they would.

So are they more yellow than you wanted them?

A bit, yes. I think they look great though. In person, they're as close to gold anodize as it gets, without actually anodizing them. :wub:

• Member Contributer

So are they more yellow than you wanted them?

A bit, yes. I think they look great though. In person, they're as close to gold anodize as it gets, without actually anodizing them. :wub:

Any idea what it would cost to have them anodized?

• Member Contributer

Getting something clear or black anodized is usually a bit cheaper for small parts, as most industrial places just throw the small stuff in with the big parts to save cost and whatnot. Colors are usually too specific to do the same with.

Well, I was kind of kidding. I am going to have some made up because I have those R1 forks with the Ohlins springs. I will let you know.

In that case, I'll ask Throttlepimp if he'll make us some. How many do you want, and what size? PM me!

Hey viffer, I pm'd Throttlepimp - definitely getting some for myself; let me know if you want some as well!

Archived