Looking to buy new boots

MisterBill

• Member Contributer

Had these for 3 years now, ridden in everything from 30 degrees to 116 in them: Waterproof? I give them a 9.5

Best boot for me and they are more comfortable than tennis shoes :fing02:

http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/boots-men/51163.php

I second these Alpinestars for comfort

My last pair were Alpinestar Gortex I think they were a pre-Web model. Very comfy like high top tennis shoes.

I live in the Pacific North-Wet, so WaterProof or close to is a must.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I need to update and upgrade my current boot -- an old AGV Sport model that I bought used. I am not a racer nor a fast rider. I got back into motorcycling 3 years ago. I own an '07 VFR 800 RWB. I consider myself a beginner or slow intermediate. I ride my PACE, which is usually speed limit plus 10 - 15 mph over. I am not a knee dragger and probably never will be. But I do want comfort, functionality and protection from the boot I buy. I have been looking at Alpine Stars S-MX 5 ($219); Alpine Stars S-MX R ($299); SIDI Cobra Boot ($250); SIDI Vertigo ($300) and Diadora Exstream Racer ($209 closeout).

I don't really need a flat out race boot; but I do like all the extra features on these types of boots. I expect to pay $200 - $300. Would anyone carte to share their experiences with their boots? Brand, model? What you liked, not like? Would you recommmend them? Did they meet you expectations? Thanks for sharing.

If you are looking for walking and standing comfort, please consider the Icon Tarmac boots (black) $125

Michael Jordan Air shoes are not this comfortable!

Kevin in Atlanta

• Member Contributer

I found these http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=PAR_3402-0073_G a couple of years ago and have put in about 20k miles in while wearing them. They are comfortable both on and off the bike and waterproof. Best of all I found them at my local CG for about $120.

• Member Contributer

I found these http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=PAR_3402-0073_G a couple of years ago and have put in about 20k miles in while wearing them. They are comfortable both on and off the bike and waterproof. Best of all I found them at my local CG for about $120.

I wear these...

Shift Racing Fuel Shoe

To be fair, I have never owned a pair of the pure riding boots listed in the other posts, but the Shift Fuel shoe is comfortable and supportive for riding, and afterwards, you can walk a mile in them without discomfort... They're worth checking out if you want to save some coin.

I'm a big fan of the Sidi's Vertebra 2's, excellent protection, and they have different versions for rain, dry and ventilated. Also different budgets! And you can get them resoled.

Jim C .

Archived