i want to redo my 3rd gen

loosenoose

i like how my vfr looks stock, but i would really like to put the bike on a diet. i just recently acquired the bike in a trade for a 2001 sv650. i would really like to have a tail like the sv's, with a rear seat that opens easily for storage. in my workplace cell phones are not allowed, so i have always kept the phone under the sv's seat. with the vfr this is more of a pain in the ass, and i feel like the bending of the seat isnt doing the seat any good either. for a while i was considering building a pair of ammo box panniers, but then realized that my exhaust would fry the right side can. i then decided on doing a top box, but i cant figure a good way to mount the thing without damaging the seat or cutting any fairings. my current plan is to redo the tail with a different subframe and seat. if it is something very minimalist, like the ducati monster, where the seat is the whole tail, other than a little bit of exposed subframe, i might be able to tuck a small lockable box under the seat to store my phone and mp3 player in while im at work. or i could possibly get a setup similar to that of my sv. i think i'd rather have the monster tail though.

as for the leftover exposed tabs on the tank, i'm thinking of swapping tanks with something else. i hear that the vtr can accept a vfr tank, and i think i have read of a few hawk gt's with vfr tanks.

if i can manage to pull this off, it will be in a fairly drawn out time span, but it will be awesome!

i have a 1992 vfr 750f btw