How to remove power limitations 1st and 2nd gear

Dutchgixxer

Honda has made a bad job with the limitation in 1st & 2nd gears.

The reasons could be acceptable, but the result is even more dangerous than the non-limited bike.

1) Driveshaft

At 6000 rpm the torque come back suddenly and above this rpm there is the maximum torque value

It means that driveshaft has no advantage by the limitation

2) Torque

Power delivery of VFR engine is very smooth when not limited, there is not a torque peak somewhere.

3) Safety

See point 1. When the engine come back to full power at 6000 rpm, it is like the old vtec with double the horsepower.

4) Lack of TC

Even the 2012 model has the limitation.

I'm using the Z-bomb during the last 60k km and the bike is a lot safer (and usable) than before.

• 1 month later...

I'm not a mechanic. So if I want to this, how can it be accomplished by someone who is all thumbs? Also, it's probably posted here, but I can't find it, how much hp increase is there?

Just a thought and ignoring the loss of gear position indication, what if you simply tell the bike it's in just one gear the whole time, like 3rd, or 4th or even top? How would the bike run? Anyone tried that?

Edited by BiKenG

• 2 weeks later...

tried Zbomb, now have been flashed. Zbomb is not compairible to a flash! flash does more then just fooling the bike his gear positionning. it removes the electronic gas deley, ir gives better fuel map(as you got with pcv) and also adjusts ignition. dont do it for gain ni hp but to get a smooth V4 bike!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I asked the mechanic at the Honda dealer and he said they will not do the reflash. In fact, he seemed insulted that I would ask like I was spitting on a De Vinci painting. I wonder if it is possible to find a mechanic (None-Honda) that would do this kind of work.

• Member Contributer

They do the software update which is a form of flashing as well. Don`t talk to them - take out your ECU and ship it to Guhl.

Where you and Bassie separated at birth and found out that you are brothers here on VFRD ??? :unsure:

I mean we've had plenty of postings saying that "Guhl is God" already and there is one faith but Guhl :goofy:

• Like 1

They do the software update which is a form of flashing as well. Don`t talk to them - take out your ECU and ship it to Guhl.

Where you and Bassie separated at birth and found out that you are brothers here on VFRD ??? :unsure:

I mean we've had plenty of postings saying that "Guhl is God" already and there is one faith but Guhl :goofy:

I was not, but if you wish I can call You Bassie, Barbara, Anna or whatever you want :goofy:

I'm not jumping into every thread glorying the all mighty Guhl upon everything and calling those who don't believe as idiots...so I cant be him :beer:

I'm paid neither by Guhl nor Bassie. I'm happy with my re-flash but I see some are still looking for another solution - but there isn't any other.

Edited by satariel666
  • Like 2

all true read the dutch forum, there have been +-10 flashes. all with same coment after... no need for discussion.nobody tells someone they MUST do the flash but if you are planning on changin something on the bike i (we all ) can tell you this is the first step!

i did first the honda update also. it was free but it was not wurth the trip to the store...

Edited by Fasty
  • Like 1

Just think normal. Guhl or no guhl. Tread is bout removing power lim in 1-2-...the limit is made in the ecu so no way you can remove it some where else.ass i read before somewhere it are bandages. Flash is the cure

• Member Contributer

all true read the dutch forum, there have been +-10 flashes. all with same coment after... no need for discussion.nobody tells someone they MUST do the flash but if you are planning on changin something on the bike i (we all ) can tell you this is the first step!

i did first the honda update also. it was free but it was not wurth the trip to the store...

There are 10 on the Dutch Forum alright; 6 though are Belgian owners who bought the restricted 116HP version.

4 are Dutch (there is no tax advantage in the NL so there is no power restricted version here); the 1st of which was done for free (I reckon to demonstrate that a full power VFR1200 benefits from a flash; which is reported to be the case)

This is not true, almost for my bike.

It was completely transformed at lower rpm, a lot better than before.

Adding the Z-bomb and my problems were solved at 90%.

There are 10 on the Dutch Forum alright; 6 though are Belgian owners who bought the restricted 116HP version.

4 are Dutch (there is no tax advantage in the NL so there is no power restricted version here); the 1st of which was done for free (I reckon to demonstrate that a full power VFR1200 benefits from a flash; which is reported to be the case)

Uuuuu there we go again...

Nothing to do with tax. If you compairing a belgium bike restrikted bike and a full power witchbi had before flash is there no diffrence ubder 6krpm. The restriction starts there. Here we are talking bout restriction belowthat. So nothing to do with taxes.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Dear Fellow Enthusiasts; I ran my 2010 DCT at Road Atlanta this past weekend, and up to that point had never really thought about the bog out of 2nd gear. It became quite noticeable and inhibited my efforts to reach what I believe would have been top speed for the bike, (read 145 mph between turns 7 & 8 if you know the layout). This is not a 'track bike' and I do not plan to use it as such except for the chance to have the track experience once or twice a year; although it was fun to blow past the 600's. Anyway, long story short I cannot organize for myself what options are available to me should I want to make changes to the bike in the event I want to eliminate the bog in 2nd gear. In as much, I am asking for someone to summarize the list of proven modifications for a US DCT bike. My other question is what impact do the modifications make on Honda Factory warranty?? Thank you for your help! Cheers.

federal law states that a modification cannot void your warranty unless it was directly connected to the failure

Get the flash. If your transmission decides to let go while your still under warranty, have Don reflash it back to stock. Then take your bike to Honda and play dumb.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• Like 2