How to remove power limitations 1st and 2nd gear

Dutchgixxer

• Member Contributer
On the ABS modulator is a signal available VSP out. VSP goes to indicator panel and to the ecu.

Interfere in the wire to the ECU. Make a frequency compartor If VSP > 250 km/h then set frequency to ecu at 250 km/h [hz]. Pb me for the calculations.

Sent you a PM already! Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Yep, delays. ...they have some of the connectors, but are still waiting for others. I've asked for a printout / screen shot of the dyno charts, but haven't been given anything yet. As soon as I have something, I'll be sure to report back. :fing02:

Hoping to see the Bazzaz dyno chart!

Yeah, they've been pretty non-communicative since I picked up the VFR (my KTM 950 Adventure is taking up space in their shop though). ...they've been great in person, but not so much on the correspondence side of things. I'd asked again for the dyno charts, but never heard anything back. :(

I'm sure when the production bits are ready, and I drop off the VFR again I'll be able to get the charts printed out. It will be interesting to see if my VFR makes a little better power now that it's *really* broken in (5000 miles vs. 1700 when I dropped it off).

...here's hoping I hear from them soon. :)

Guest MSGTR

They will probably release information when they get production up and ready. Getting the right plugs seems to be the stumbling block for Powercommander and probably them too.

• Member Contributer

They will probably release information when they get production up and ready. Getting the right plugs seems to be the stumbling block for Powercommander and probably them too.

He who will get the plugs first will corner the market...........

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure that when Dynojet rolls out their pc5 for the VFR1200F, they will have the de-restriction worked out.

Its kind of a must for them, as they will be working with in the ecm harness to determine the gearing for map by gear anyway.

I'd be that it's just a change to the Throttle by wire positioning map.

Just saw the latest Motorcyclist has a blurb on the 1200 and VFRD got an honorable mention on the power derestriction of 1st and 2nd :fing02:

Have not seen any money yet :biggrin:

And PC-V is available and will give the 1200 the low down wings its deserves. :cheerleader:

• 3 months later...

I would also prefer a plug and play version of this mod rather than buying a PC5 or alike any news on this being available

thanks guys

The problem is the connectors i can not buy them. So i have to cut some wires. The moddification is simple though.

Guest vfrobb

I would also prefer a plug and play version of this mod rather than buying a PC5 or alike any news on this being available

thanks guys

The problem is the connectors i can not buy them. So i have to cut some wires. The moddification is simple though.

Dutch ive looked all through this thread when you do the mod do you actually cut the wires or simply join another piece to them in order to join them to gear 1 wire so they are all shorted

Little worried in doing something as perminant as this whilst the bike is still under warrantee as it could be detected by the stealer should anything happen

Edited by vfrobb

5734ebbfbdce1_post-20539-081796300128703

The wires for the first and second gear positions have to be cut and connected to the switch.

If the connectors are available i am willing to produce and sell a plug and play derestrictor .

Edited by Dutchgixxer

Guest vfrobb

5734ebbfbdce1_post-20539-081796300128703

The wires for the first and second gear positions have to be cut and connected to the switch.

If the connectors are available i am willing to produce and sell a plug and play derestrictor .

Dutch if you can get them Ill buy one or if you can think of another way of the mod being removed without trace Ill buy that, want the mod but dont want the agro should the worst happen and a warrenty claim be imminent

Albeit I want this mod with a passion and dont like being told by anyone let alone Honda how much power I am trusted with, I havnt read here from anyone who has done the mod how good it is, is the power difference enough to make the bike wheelie in first gear off the throttle is the gain in 2nd gear really noticable

I really dont want to start chopping the loom and risk the warrenty issues if the cons outway the pros if you see what I mean

With the mod done de VFR will wheely in 1st gear without using the clutch. On a damp road it will spin the back wheel in 2nd.

with the mod done fast acceleration is much smoother because there is no big torque increase @ 5000 rpm.

with the mod done fast acceleration is much smoother because there is no big torque increase @ 5000 rpm.

What about slow acceleration. It is the first gear smoothness around 3k to 4 k rpms that I am looking for particularly in suburbia. Would also be nice not to have to use 1st in the twisties. The PCV has smoothed out 2nd but not 1st. I hoped this mod will.

Cheers

Seddo

• Member Contributer

Their is a discussion on Bikers Oracle that talks about a ECU update that honda is doing to some bikes that have low speed issues.

has anyone here seen this?

http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/forum/showthread.php?t=111483