O.K. Let's see what the reaction is from an owner's club....(High Mods inside)

Guest shaneliberty

Guest shaneliberty

Is it me or does the headlight look like it's pointed WAY too far down to be any good at night? The bike looks good. :fing02:

I picked up the Buell Headlight because of the angled style. The bulbs and the reflector inside the lens are angled to almost be squared off with the forks. The flyscreen makes it look worse than it is.

You can kinda see the angle in this photo:

IMG_2860.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shaneliberty

Nice "subtle" sticker on the tank fing02.gif

Does it stop people touching?

Sometimes I get other enthusiasts who ask about the bike because they want to understand the build and sometimes I get riders who ask me if it's a stunt bike or a wrecked job. It's a long process to explain why I did what I did and where all the parts came from or why the tail is kicked and all the other explanations I need. So I figured the sticker sums it up. People don't touch though. Funny thing is that people want to ride the bike, then I offer, and they get nervous. I explain that I ride it almost daily. Guess my mechanical changes scare everyone. lol.

I am going to install the rear brake again in the future because I want to take it with me as a back up bike for trackdays. I really want to hear the exhaust as I am ripping around Big Willow or Chuckwalla.

• Member Contributer

Is it me or does the headlight look like it's pointed WAY too far down to be any good at night? The bike looks good. :fing02:

I picked up the Buell Headlight because of the angled style. The bulbs and the reflector inside the lens are angled to almost be squared off with the forks. The flyscreen makes it look worse than it is.

I had the same thought, but the head on pic shows the bulbs basically dead level horizontally.

BTW, cool idea for the tank grip pad! :fing02:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest shaneliberty

UPDATE:

Hey guys and gals. I have traded off the VFR. I made a straight trade for a lowrider that I was interested in. I know that's a hell of a swing from Street Fighter but it was a choice I made. I am spending a lot of time riding track, now, with my SV650 that I plan to race and I decided I was sick of speeding tickets. I am taking a break from street riding all together and I wanted to slow things down. This pretty much guarantees it.

Anyway, no post is good without pics so here are shots of the vehicle I took in trade.

196433_10150195700896974_739606973_8460277_2089696_n.jpg

199379_10150195701141974_739606973_8460280_4294412_n.jpg

206270_10150195708636974_739606973_8460310_3214695_n.jpg

And here it is next to my F-250 Super Duty:

206520_10150195701756974_739606973_8460285_2532128_n.jpg

I still have an FZR 'Fighter I am building so I am not totally out of the custom bike thing, just focusing more on track. Thanks for watching the build process. Hopefully the new owner will post up. I am going to give him links to the 2 build threads.

• Member Contributer

I am taking a break from street riding all together and I wanted to slow things down. This pretty much guarantees it.

Umm.....definitely going to be going slow in that. Looks like it'll have trouble going up a driveway, let alone a street.

UPDATE:

And here it is next to my F-250 Super Duty:

206520_10150195701756974_739606973_8460285_2532128_n.jpg

I'm not really sure why but I find this pic hilarious. Nice build thread though too, missed it during the run but was cool to check out now.

Guest shaneliberty

well............

It's bagged. There are two viair 480s and a 10 gallon tank. It rises 4 inches from the ground. It's controlled by 7 switches total

• 7 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Oh, don't think I posted about it but I bypassed the tiny oil cooler on the bike. Talked with a few shops in San Diego and came to the idea that the tiny cooler was helping the bike when it was dipped in fairings and being used for long distance rides. So I had the thing bypassed.

Here is the quick pic of the change.

IMG_2880.jpg

How has the bike been temperature wise after the loss of the oil cooler?

Any idea on running temperatures now?

Would like to loose my oil cooler, just going thru a few options first...

• Member Contributer

Oh pants... skipped over the green van bits a little too fast. Didnt look very vfr like.

Wonder if VFR was used and held on OK with all the mods....

Really interested in the cooler removal and small welded loop.. else might keep cooler yet.. will see...

The 2bros system's pipes look in the way for a cooler on my oil filter connected HRC style to the water pump..