4th Annual Fall Ride In The Catskills Oct 1-3, 2010

SEBSPEED

Hey, it's that time of year again! After taking a break last year, the Fall Catskills ride is back! I spoke with the nice folks at Lange's Grove Side and the entire hotel is available for booking the weekend of October 1-3.

Please post in this thread if you know you are coming for sure or think you might be coming.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hotel has been selected! I stopped by today and checked the place out for myself. It is owned by a nice Indian family who are very hospitable. The rooms look nice, and the grounds are almost perfect for a get together like this. There is a large dining/gathering room inside, a pool area outside, along with a fire pit/outdoor BBQ and ping pong table under a pavilion. I also asked about hoses being available for bike washing, if needed, and they are fine with us using them.

Here is the hotel info: (ask for the VFRD group rate, or tell them you are with Sebastian)

It's best to call in the afternoons for booking. I have the manager's cell number - if you have any trouble, get in touch with me and I will help straighten things out.

Lange's Grove Side

6047 Route 23 Acra, NY 12405

(518) 622-3393

(518) 622-3403 (both numbers go to office, 1-888 # listed online is no longer in service)

Lang's Groveside Hotel

***Room rates are $50/night CASH, $60/night Credit. You can reserve with card and pay cash at check out. There is no extra charge for multiple person occupancy!***

***The entire hotel is available.***

***There are 8 large rooms will fit 3 people(2 large beds, one sofa sleeper) Ask for a "Brookside" room if reserving one of these.

***There are 5 King bed rooms, can fit 2 the second doesn't mind the floor...(one King bed) Ask for "Poolside" room if reserving one of these.

***There are 7 Double bed rooms, can fit 3 people with the third on the floor...(two small beds) Ask for "Brookside" room if reserving one of these.

***ALL THE ROOMS ARE THE SAME PRICE!!!***

Cold continental breakfast is included, as are towels, toiletries, pillows, blankets, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Not only is this thread good for counting heads, but it would be a good way to get together with someone to share a room.

List of attendees so far: (blue is with reservation)

1. Sebspeed

Please keep general discussions about this ride in this thread: FALL RIDE That will help me keep this one organized, and get you all a better result.

Thanks!

More details coming, please stay tuned and ask any questions!

• Member Contributer

1. Sebspeed

2. Motorhead1977 & Amy (Poolside)

3. rhenter

• Member Contributer

1. Sebspeed

3. rhenter

4.YoshiHNS

• Member Contributer

1. Sebspeed

3. rhenter

4.YoshiHNS

5. y2kvfr & Becky

I could be interested but would be coming from Toronto... Is there a loose itinerary? (ie. when people would be arriving, how much riding we would get in etc)

It would be really great to meet some of you :fing02:

I could be interested but would be coming from Toronto... Is there a loose itinerary? (ie. when people would be arriving, how much riding we would get in etc)

It would be really great to meet some of you :fing02:

Have a look through the info thread, I think I have most everything covered there. Would like to see everyone arrive on Friday night, so we can head out early on Saturday morning. Possible rides on Friday depending on arrivals, the main ride is Saturday with a long loop of approx. 300mi, shorter loop of 130-200mi. Hang out Saturday night, have dinner/drink, possible short rides Sunday as people figure out when to head out.

• Member Contributer

1. Sebspeed

3. rhenter

4.YoshiHNS

5. y2kvfr & Becky

6. Jimmy (Achmed) (Brookside)

7. Burnsie (Brookside)

* I called to make the reservation and I think the Pakistani gentleman I talked to got it all right, though he said he didn't need a credit card if I was paying cash money.

Seb you did not tell us if Sarge is still command there and if we will have access to 20 gallons of gas to start our fire with? I think Timmy will require at least 5 gallons but we will have to wait for him to check in on that biggrin.gif

Sarge still owns the place, but he's currently recovering from illness/surgery in NYC. Not sure if he'll be back for the meet.

• Member Contributer

Wait - is Timmy "in" or "out"?? :computer-noworky:

I just noticed you made sure that hoses were available on site - reminded me of the deer guts from a couple years ago. :blink:

I just noticed you made sure that hoses were available on site - reminded me of the deer guts from a couple years ago. :blink:

As far as I know, Timmy is very regrettably out, due to work obligations.

• Member Contributer

As far as I know, Timmy is very regrettably out, due to work obligations.

That's what I thought... I will pack the G22c in his honor. :blink:

• Member Contributer

1. Sebspeed

3. rhenter

4.YoshiHNS

5. y2kvfr & Becky

7. Burnsie (Brookside)

Holy crap that was an interesting call... You don't need your CC # if you tell him you'll be paying cash...

(note: only updated to change me to 'blue').

• Member Contributer

That's what I thought... I will pack the G22c in his honor. :computer-noworky:

Hehehehee... unfortunately I'm not lic'ed in NY to carry mine :blink: (and it's a pre-ban)

• Member Contributer

That's what I thought... I will pack the G22c in his honor. :biggrin:

Hehehehee... unfortunately I'm not lic'ed in NY to carry mine :pissed: (and it's a pre-ban)

NY is getting almost as bad as Mass in that regard. I think Bliss is out, also.. so we'll have to behave a little this year. :dry:

• Member Contributer

1. Sebspeed

3. rhenter

4.YoshiHNS

5. y2kvfr & Becky

7. Burnsie (Brookside)

8.Twox48 (Brookside)

9. Joe Bone (Twox48's friend on FZ6) (Brookside)

Indeed an interesting phone call for reservations... Brookside... with 2 beds please! (Joe may be sleeping on the floor if I end up with a single!

1. Sebspeed

3. rhenter

4.YoshiHNS

5. y2kvfr & Becky

7. Burnsie (Brookside)

8.Twox48 (Brookside)

9. Joe Bone (Twox48's friend on FZ6) (Brookside)

10. The EH Team and its support group

• Member Contributer

Priceless!! :cheerleader: :fing02: :goofy:

Are you kidding??? I damned near shot coffee out of my nose! :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Priceless!! :fing02: :huh: :laughing6-hehe:

LOL. I got to see it first. LOL. My sharing video knowledge, created a monster,......And what a fantastic monster it has become. HHAAAAA!!!!! God bless you guys. Laughed myself to tears.

Priceless!! :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

LOL. I got to see it first. LOL. My sharing video knowledge, created a monster,......And what a fantastic monster it has become. HHAAAAA!!!!! God bless you guys. Laughed myself to tears.

Ya I know. I thought we would try something not so serious for a change and maybe make a few people laugh... I understand that's not what we normally do. Sorry. :pinocchio:

• Member Contributer

Poncho, this is too cool for school. Beyond priceless. A credit to Sudbury and the Big Nickel.

laughing6-hehe.gifThis is great!!!!fing02.gif

You two are some baaaaaaad mama jama's

If it weren't so far away I would jump in for this. I hope

you guys have a great time.

This is great!!!!

stop working my side of the street.

Have some fun for me. I cant believe my chief is so unfriendly. makes me want to mad-dash up there after work on sunday morning.

Archived