ST1300 replacement???

meddle1999

goldwing style air bag, and a front bumper to prevent it flipping in a front end collision and crumple zones in the frame. It will have DOHC so it can do the cylinder deactivation for better range. My guess is close to 600lbs

• Member Contributer

goldwing style air bag, and a front bumper to prevent it flipping in a front end collision and crumple zones in the frame. It will have DOHC so it can do the cylinder deactivation for better range. My guess is close to 600lbs

The 1200F DCT is ~615lbs itself. Add in all the stuff you mentioned and it's going to be pushing 700lbs. The ST is 720 but that's a 7.7 gal gas tank.

The 1200F DCT is ~615lbs itself. Add in all the stuff you mentioned and it's going to be pushing 700lbs. The ST is 720 but that's a 7.7 gal gas tank.

The DCT is still a option on the T version not standard, yeah if you get the DCT version it will be a big pig

Think it'll go over 750lb wet weight?

Curb weight on an ST1300ABS is 760lbs and the new one will have a lot more goodies so I'm thinking closer to 800lbs. Won't matter... I'm sure it will still be superior in every way to the ST.

• Member Contributer

Think it'll go over 750lb wet weight?

Not to worry. It comes with a 2.5 gallon tank to make it lighter.

• 4 years later...

The big VFR is not a replacement for the ST1300. Although it is tagged as a sport tourer, the vfr1200 does not compete with the ST, FJR, C14, etc. Those attract different riders with different needs and expectations. If Honda thought they could change peoples minds on what they want in a sportTourer...Not! It is a BMW K1300S clone. Don't know a lot about BMW offerings but pretty sure that model is not BMW's sportTourer.

The big VFR is not a replacement for the ST1300. Although it is tagged as a sport tourer, the vfr1200 does not compete with the ST, FJR, C14, etc. Those attract different riders with different needs and expectations. If Honda thought they could change peoples minds on what they want in a sportTourer...Not! It is a BMW K1300S clone. Don't know a lot about BMW offerings but pretty sure that model is not BMW's sportTourer.

Agreed, I also think stock to stock the ST handles better. :beer:

I only rode my 1200 stock for a few miles and haven't ridden an ST in many years. You certainly could be correct...don't know. I do know that the vfr stock suspension simply could not effectively handle 2up twisty duty.

However, every bike I have owned received suspension upgrades/work. Stock they were all faster than I needed but a better more controlled ride was always sought after.

I only rode my 1200 stock for a few miles and haven't ridden an ST in many years. You certainly could be correct...don't know. I do know that the vfr stock suspension simply could not effectively handle 2up twisty duty.

However, every bike I have owned received suspension upgrades/work. Stock they were all faster than I needed but a better more controlled ride was always sought after.

My time behind the bars of VFR1200 left me with the opinion that it's steering is really slow and heavy feeling. I jumped off the 1200 onto my 800 and about snapped off the bars as the effort was a fraction of the 1200's. Felt like I jumped on a 250 cc dirt bike.

No doubt it can be made to handle really well as you displayed so skillfully at the Mac. :beer:

The ST I recently bought and road at the Mac steers as quick or quicker then my VFR, I'm really delighted with it's ability so far and hope to mod the suspenders soon.

BR

• Member Contributer

Agreed, I also think stock to stock the ST handles better. :beer:

Car back tire ? You the man Kevin .

Archived