86 vfr 700 sidecar wheelchair motorcycle vid

Guest sjsartwork

Guest sjsartwork

COOL...the elbow throttle worked out pretty good. after some simple wiring and tieing up some loose ends, this thing will be roaring down the road finally.

what about a 4 wheeler thumb throttle? a trigger throttle? a jet plane style "T" throttle? find one with a thumb button for the clutch and add a lever for the brakes :biggrin:

had to go with elbow throttle so i can keep both hands on steering...its because my hands are totally paralysed.i velcro my right hand to the bars,leaving my left free for operating steering,switches ,brakes and shifting...it has an autoclutch,so no clutch levr needed....i'll post a pic later of all my controls...thx for trying to give good advice hough but because i have unique disabilities i needed to adap[t in an unorthodox manner

• Member Contributer

COOL...the elbow throttle worked out pretty good. after some simple wiring and tieing up some loose ends, this thing will be roaring down the road finally.

what about a 4 wheeler thumb throttle? a trigger throttle? a jet plane style "T" throttle? find one with a thumb button for the clutch and add a lever for the brakes :bliss:

had to go with elbow throttle so i can keep both hands on steering...its because my hands are totally paralysed.i velcro my right hand to the bars,leaving my left free for operating steering,switches ,brakes and shifting...it has an autoclutch,so no clutch levr needed....i'll post a pic later of all my controls...thx for trying to give good advice hough but because i have unique disabilities i needed to adap[t in an unorthodox manner

rats.. i think it would have been cool if one hand had a the jet style throttle and other worked the streering via a stick.. ergo a real road rocket.. :biggrin: :fing02:

your still a lucky bastard...you can HEAR queen!! :bliss:

oh wait.. your stuck with rap music too... uummm :fing02:

auto clutch.. very cool.. you can still use the jet "t".. in fact.. you may be able to use the "T" for the throttle and breaks.. pull back for gas, push forward to hit the breaks..no buttons needed.

Edited by gll429

• Member Contributer

if you use an airplane style stick.. you add a pocket for your hand.. no velco needed as your not pushing and pulling .. just moving it left and right... steering becomes a 1 arm job.

keep up the good work :biggrin:

Edited by gll429

• Member Contributer

if you use an airplane style stick.. you add a pocket for your hand.. no velco needed as your not pushing and pulling .. just moving it left and right... steering becomes a 1 arm job.

keep up the good work :biggrin:

but that would have 2 be driven by electric motors or hydrolics...and thats something that could fail.

nope.. direct linkage!! STEEL IS REAL!!! not saying it would not be brain teaser.. but i know it can be done.. a stick mounted to the floor with a pivot..moving only side to side. and have a pivoted bar about 5 inches ( or something like that)from the floor going to a bracket UNDER the triple tree. the stick would give lots of leverage. all of it should be bolted up and have the bolts secured with cotter pins and safety wire.

as for the "T".. i dont know how strong you are.

but you can have a spring holding the "T" all the forward.. which will be pressing on the brakes.. then you pull it back and frees the break and hits the gas.. and away you go!!

or flip it so so you push it forward..

Guest sjsartwork

awesome dude!! :laughing6-hehe:

now you just need some snazzy body work on the sidecar. :blink:

ya ...also maybe something like race stripes and some cool stickers or maybe a big honda wing...im not sure yet....

post-20540-015164000 1283400845_thumb.jp

post-20540-043879200 1283400921_thumb.jp
Edited by sjsartwork

• Member Contributer

hhhmm from the pic with the non vfr.. i would have put a roman chariot paint theme on it..

as for your new set up.. if your going to make it fully enclosed.. then make a Star Trek space shuttle.

or a rocket! add a nose cone to house your heater :laugh: put a headlight at the tip!

• Member Contributer

do you have a reverse???

and if o were you.. remove the bars from the forks.. unless you really trust your passenger..

i would make a bar mounted to the front subframe bolts and the tank mount.. :fing02:

looking good!

i am tempted to say lets make a cycle shop.. "rollers" run by people to stubborn to give up rolling!

i hope you talk clear , because your sign language is going to SUCK!! :laugh:

• Member Contributer

Glad the elbow throttle seems to be working. I do like the T bar or flight stick idea though...but I`m not you. Can you shoot a closer pic, can`t make it out. Cool engineering so far.

Thinking about the sidecar bodywork. Something a little less flat looking? A bit more Streamlined to go with the VFR...maybe? Easier said than done I know.

Guest sjsartwork

do you have a reverse???

and if o were you.. remove the bars from the forks.. unless you really trust your passenger..

i would make a bar mounted to the front subframe bolts and the tank mount.. :fing02:

looking good!

i am tempted to say lets make a cycle shop.. "rollers" run by people to stubborn to give up rolling!

i hope you talk clear , because your sign language is going to SUCK!! :fing02:

it would be fun to make bikes for handicapped people...but as much work as it took for myown ride,i think i'd be happy enough just showing whats possible with the right bunch of guys.

lol...my sign language would have to be pen and paper...my hands have as bout as much function as a paper weight!

actually the paper weight might win in the longrun.

Edited by sjsartwork

• Member Contributer

this is the best pic for now of throttle plate

as far as passengers steering? no prob...i have way more leverage from the length of my bars...besides,if they screw with me to much i'll just turn right real fast....they'll fly away and i'll just do a sidecar wheelie

:fing02: :fing02: :bliss:

and then they can pay you to build a side car them :fing02:

• Member Contributer

this is the best pic for now of throttle plate

as far as passengers steering? no prob...i have way more leverage from the length of my bars...besides,if they screw with me to much i'll just turn right real fast....they'll fly away and i'll just do a sidecar wheelie

:fing02: :bliss: :bliss:

and then they can pay you to build a side car them :fing02:

good point....anyone wanna ride lol

i will go.. mainly because my jacket has an airbag in it! :fing02: and i am used to hitting the cruise control and taking my hands off the bars. :fing02:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest sjsartwork

hey ..its been awhile.... hoes your project coming? is it streeet legal yet? :cheerleader:

sorry...i thoughjt this thread died out...

update

STREETLEGAL

INSURED

FUN AS HECK

IVE HAD UP TO 95MPH SO FAR

ALL IS WELL..JUST WAITIN FOR WINTER TO PASS

• Member Contributer

update

STREETLEGAL

INSURED

FUN AS HECK

IVE HAD UP TO 95MPH SO FAR

ALL IS WELL..JUST WAITIN FOR WINTER TO PASS

awesome! glad your having fun.. are you painting it since your waiting for winter to pass?