RV4?

Guest gate2hell

HONDARV4

"It's lot to explain, and needs a lot of space, and when I'm finished 100% (now it's 95% finished I have to powdercoat the swingarm and add a quickshifter and slipperclutch to say it's finished) this bike is for track only, but I'm thinking of making one (or more) for the road, if someone is intrested. I'm living in Germany, but the roadbike would be for US market only and would cost est.: 25000 $ I still don't get it that honda didn't do this!!!"

Didnt really get any more info than this, and it doesnt look like im going to get any either. but i did request more pic.

Thanks for the update!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we needed was a VFR-R, a stripped version of the 1200 with shorter wheelbase, fully adjuable susp and 150 lbs less weight.

Something close anyway. They could still do one. :huh:

BR

You mean just like Kerry's bike the VFR-R.

No way 140hp, I call bs. BUT, with all the weight savings it's worth 10-20hp. I imagine a lot of junk can come off for a track only bike. If it doesnt make the bike faster you dont need it.

That's the best 4th Gen 'update' I've seen, by far - looks like a MotoGP bike.

Being in Germany, the owner may have spent a lot of money with Durbahn (sp?) so 140hp is certainly feasible, vfroem got that out of his 3rd Gen. Not so sure about the weight though...

That's the best 4th Gen 'update' I've seen, by far - looks like a MotoGP bike.

Being in Germany, the owner may have spent a lot of money with Durbahn (sp?) so 140hp is certainly feasible, vfroem got that out of his 3rd Gen. Not so sure about the weight though...

I just saw "no engine mods". It's hard to get that kind of gain from bolt on unless your talking forced induction or nitrous. Definetly possible, it's only money.

http://rides.superstreetbike.com/ride/1195060/hondarv4/2009/honda/other-honda/index.html

does anyone knows who bike this is? cause i have a bunch of question on how he (or she did it). sure looks sweet.

Yes I'm here!

and the weight is 140 kg which should be est 280 lbs, it has amercian Braketech rotors (carbon/ceramic), beringers they are to heavy, body work comes all from ALFA technik in Bavaria, 43 mm Öhlins the very same as on the ducati 1098, Under the tankcover you find a 3 gallon aluminium tank, specially made for me, by Alu sauer as the linkage , I just had it on the racetrack in France, Bresse, which went fairly well I must say. it doesn't have Nitro injection. it has a Dynojet kit with 155 main jets, it's breathing trough a special made airbox, remember this is not a roadbike, I still haven't a slipper clutch which is needed, and a quickshifter and I'm hunting for more BHP, which should 155-60 when I'm finished. I did this because of Hondas lack of interest in sporting V4 for the common man, or a V5 for that matter. The rest is cloak and dagger stuff, not yet for the public

Not sure about the 140 hp though... he didn't mention any engine mods.

Yeah, no way 140hp without mods. Surely different cams, revised ignition map and totally different carb jetting? Would probably mean it needs to have the tits revved of it all the time.

Which wouldn't be a BAD thing for a V4!

Of course it's modified!!! and I will not tell what for the moment, because its scheduled for something next year...

Pretty cool lookn, considering its 4th gen based. I wonder what it weighs? Would be a great corner carver considering the 4th gen super tractable engine. :fing02:

Hi!

I had on the scale, 140kg without fuel, and it goes really good around the corners, that famous mechanical traction from Honda, but even better

280lbs? I call BS. 380 dry, no battery would be more like it. I did a lot to mine and got it down to 490 full wet street trim. Another 210 lbs? Yeah, right. The extra pipe work, USD front end and larger brakes actually added weight over stock or simpler mods. He did save a few pounds with the swingarm replacement and I have to assume forged magnesium wheels. More info please!

I tried the 600rr tank cover over the 4gen tank and it wasn't close. I also tried fitting the 600rr tank and it was WAY off. I kinda new that from looking at pics but I picked up a super cheap ebay tank and gave it try anyway. My guess is he had to eliminate the airbox, run individual filters (or none at all), and seriously cut down a 600rr tank to fit; 2 gals maybe.

Awesome job. :warranty: Where's my royalty payment? :fing02:

Hi

Where in south Texas? I go there every year, and I won't pay royalties, because my bike doesn't look like yours, my have all carbon, and no single sided swingarm! look for money somewhere else, but your bike looks good! and don't BS me!

A dedicated track bike will lose lots of weight but I question 280#

It's likely as deflated as the hp # is inflated.

I think the service manual gives the weight of the motor, let's start there and add as we go, assuming the best(lightest) for each added component. Let's daydream and say the exhaust is titanium... hey, what did VFROEM's bike weight when it was done?

4th gen VFR weighs 464lb dry(factory claimed weight) so we'd have to lose 180lbs to hit the guy's claimed number...

Remember the rules for MotoGP bikes doesn't apply for me, I can use titanium and carbon whereever I like, and by the way factory teams can make MGP bike weighting 125kg's weight is 140 without fuel which should add 9 kilos!

I think the service manual gives the weight of the motor, let's start there and add as we go, assuming the best(lightest) for each added component. Let's daydream and say the exhaust is titanium... hey, what did VFROEM's bike weight when it was done?

4th gen VFR weighs 464lb dry(factory claimed weight) so we'd have to lose 180lbs to hit the guy's claimed number...

You don't have to daydream, and no alternator, no waterpump, it has an electric waterpump weighting 250grams, and not the mechanical weighting more than a kg! very small fuelpump,

What we needed was a VFR-R, a stripped version of the 1200 with shorter wheelbase, fully adjuable susp and 150 lbs less weight.

Something close anyway. They could still do one. :fing02:

BR

But they will not!

So, 280, not likely.

Hell, the minimum weight for a MotoGP bike is 300lbs (for a twin cylinder, which there are none).

Four cylinder GP bikes are 330 Lbs minimum.

And look at how much it costs to build a bike that light!!!

I was just looking that up. The Ducati Desmo RR weights 377.0 lb dry and I doubt you could remove enough stuff on that bike to make up almost a 100#.

Look what Duhrban made to the DS!

wunderbar!! ob sie nach Tennessee kommen, mitnehmen deine motorad bitte!! i mochte es fahren! :fing02:

If you pay for the airlift! by the way I passed through your home state some month back, didn't see much bikes on the road!

Nice work...

Will be good to read what you come up with on the slipper clutch....

Will be great to get the full download when your finished!...

:fing02:

I have one manufacturer in mind; SUTER in Switzerland, if more are asking the price will drop, I reccon!

• Member Contributer

Under the tankcover you find a 3 gallon aluminium tank, specially made for me, and it's breathing trough a special made airbox,

HAH, I knew it!

GREAT JOB!!!! :fing02:

MORE PICTURES PLEASE. Thanks for joining VFRd.

• Member Contributer

Where in south Texas? I go there every year, and I won't pay royalties, because my bike doesn't look like yours, my have all carbon, and no single sided swingarm! look for money somewhere else, but your bike looks good! and don't BS me!

I'm close to Corpus Christi. Bring your bike, we'll go riding! :fing02:

I'm close to Corpus Christi. Bring your bike, we'll go riding! :fing02:

How close, north or south? I usually stay little bit to the north

You don't have to daydream, and no alternator, no waterpump, it has an elictric waterpump weighting 250grams, and not the mechanical weighting more than a kg! very small fuelpump,

It would be awesome to have a full list of modifications. While I will not take things as far as you have a list would be very helpful to do some planning.

I would like to know what type of fuel pump you used? The tail section is on my list for next year.

You don't have to daydream, and no alternator, no mech.waterpump, it has an electric waterpump weighting 250grams, and not the mechanical weighting more than a kg! very small fuelpump,

It would be awesome to have a full list of modifications. While I will not take things as far as you have a list would be very helpful to do some planning.

I would like to know what type of fuel pump you used? The tail section is on my list for next year.

Hi

The list will be made public, but not for the time being, Titanium valves, titanium conrods , titanium pistons comression 12,8 :1 theres not one screw or nut on this bike made of steel, its Carbon, Aluminum and Titanium and Rubber

• Member Contributer

Hi!

I had on the scale, 140kg without fuel, and it goes really good around the corners, that famous mechanical traction from Honda, but even better

Hi HondaRV4,

Welcome to VFRD and thank you for sharing your work with us. Beautiful bike and from the looks of it excellent workmanship!!! How much do you estimate a street version would weigh?

BTW, for the conversion challenged... 140kg = 308.6 lbs, doable but big $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Archived