RV4?

Guest gate2hell

Hi!

I had on the scale, 140kg without fuel, and it goes really good around the corners, that famous mechanical traction from Honda, but even better

Hi HondaRV4,

Welcome to VFRD and thank you for sharing your work with us. Beautiful bike and from the looks of it excellent workmanship!!! How much do you estimate a street version would weigh?

BTW, for the conversion challenged... 140kg = 308.6 lbs, doable but big $$$$$$$$$$$$$

It has cost me a lot, $35000 at this moment, a road bike will tip the scale 180kgs using not ultra light parts I haven't yet calculated the price for a road bike, it will be made on orders only and your choice of components

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
Hi

The list will public, but not for the time being, Titanium valves, titanium pistons comression 12,8 :1 theres not one screw or nut on this bike made of steel, its Carbon, Aluminum and Titanium and Rubber

Do you mean titanium coated pistons or actual pistons made of titanium? If the latter is the case, what advantage would a titanium piston have over a modern forged aluminum design?

I'm guessing you must have a set of custom cams and increased the engine's operating speed and/or displacement to help make the extra power -- are the power numbers you quoted at the wheel or at the crank? Do you have a dyno printout you could share?

Unless I am wrong (and the line for that forms to the left) the link shows that he stated "about my other Honda" and the link to his other Honda is a pic and description of 1987 NSR two stroke 3 cylinder. He lists the HP there as about 110 so it could be an NSR 250....

here is the link http://rides.superstreetbike.com/ride/1197234/hondarv4/1987/honda/other-honda/index.html

It's beefed up NS400R if you can recall, 3 cyl twostroke it's a project started some years back, and has paused for the last 4 years, but it will hit the track again next year

wunderbar!! ob sie nach Tennessee kommen, mitnehmen deine motorad bitte!! i mochte es fahren! :fing02:

If you pay for the airlift! by the way I passed through your home state some month back, didn't see much bikes on the road!

das ist weil:

1. wir sind so schnell, du kants uns nicht sehen. :)

2. wir sind alle um kleine strasse mit viele kurven, nicht am autobahn. :blink: :biggrin:

Hi

The list will public, but not for the time being, Titanium valves, titanium pistons comression 12,8 :1 theres not one screw or nut on this bike made of steel, its Carbon, Aluminum and Titanium and Rubber

Do you mean titanium coated pistons or actual pistons made of titanium? If the latter is the case, what advantage would a titanium piston have over a modern forged aluminum design?

I'm guessing you must have a set of custom cams and increased the engine's operating speed and/or displacement to help make the extra power -- are the power numbers you quoted at the wheel or at the crank? Do you have a dyno printout you could share?

As I said earlier , about the engine tuning, my lips are sealed, Titanium pistons it will be. and cams, Titanium is alot lighter and it will make the engine rotate easier, reaching higher RPM wich meens more HP

wunderbar!! ob sie nach Tennessee kommen, mitnehmen deine motorad bitte!! i mochte es fahren! :fing02:

If you pay for the airlift! by the way I passed through your home state some month back, didn't see much bikes on the road!

das ist weil:

1. wir sind so schnell, du kants uns nicht sehen. :)

2. wir sind alle um kleine strasse mit viele kurven, nicht am autobahn. :blink: :biggrin:

I travel only backroads, then and only then you can experience the US of A

From VFROEM's thread -

The bike is still 'in progress'; only made dynoruns in the last 7 years.

Still have to make the first ride on the tarmac....

But it will be quicker than a regular VFR750F 90-93 bike:

168KG vs 240KG

125HP vs 90HP

1.34 HP/KG vs 2.67 HP/KG

correction 308 lbs I used the formula 1 lb =0,5 kg

So, 280, not likely.

I just was told 140kg ain't 280lb , but 308 I don't mind, it is very nimble and light anyway

From VFROEM's thread -

168KG vs 240KG

125HP vs 90HP

1.34 HP/KG vs 2.67 HP/KG

So, 280, not likely.

I just was told 140kg ain't 280lb , but 308 I don't mind it very nimble and light anyway

Where do you live in Germany? I live north of Trier,nd am doing something similiar to my VFR, but it isn't just a track bike. I'm also interested in what slipper clutch you're going to use,s I plan on having my motor bored out to 840cc this winter, and would like to get 125 hp at the rear wheel.

• Member Contributer

As I said earlier , about the engine tuning, my lips are sealed, Titanium pistons it will be. and cams, Titanium is alot lighter and it will make the engine rotate easier, reaching higher RPM wich meens more HP

Okay. Sounds interesting. The reason I question the pistons is titanium does not dissipate heat well and tends to gall in sliding contact situations (the galling can be cured somewhat with the right coating, but this is also why it's so difficult to machine). F1 engines are still using aluminum pistons and they can turn 19k+rpms.

Looking forward to your results.

Nice work...

Will be good to read what you come up with on the slipper clutch....

Will be great to get the full download when your finished!...

:fing02:

I have one manufacturer in mind; SUTER in Switzerland, if more are asking the price will drop, I reccon!

HRV4,

I'm amazed at what you've achieved, can you post up more pics please? And when you hit your targets I can't wait to see what power your bike makes and what you did to get it.

What electric waterpump weighs 250g??? Mine is 900g plus 100g for the electonic controller.

Mine - nowhere near the level of yours!:

4442596777_285462cb8a_b.jpg

Nice work...

:fing02:

I have one manufacturer in mind; SUTER in Switzerland, if more are asking the price will drop, I reccon!

HRV4,

I'm amazed at what you've achieved, can you post up more pics please? And when you hit your targets I can't wait to see what power your bike makes and what you did to get it.

What electric waterpump weighs 250g??? Mine is 900g plus 100g for the electonic controller.

It looks ok to me, but if you are serious about losing weight, get rid if the monoswing and the tank those two things weight more than you can imagine, and the waterpump and it pumps the water around with a pressure you wouldn't believe!

small fuelpump 200gr and a lithium/ion battery to power it all, and don't need a electric controller, I just added a switch on-off on the handlebar

From VFROEM's thread -

168KG vs 240KG

125HP vs 90HP

1.34 HP/KG vs 2.67 HP/KG

So, 280, not likely.

I just was told 140kg ain't 280lb , but 308 I don't mind it very nimble and light anyway

Where do you live in Germany? I live north of Trier,nd am doing something similiar to my VFR, but it isn't just a track bike. I'm also interested in what slipper clutch you're going to use,s I plan on having my motor bored out to 840cc this winter, and would like to get 125 hp at the rear wheel.

Do it! 840 or correct 836ccm is the perfect size, gives you a lot more torque and if increase the compression 12,3 :1 for street use, I think you would be one happy camper!

Love the concept of this bike, do you have a website or a forum thread somewhere detailing the build?

Sorry , I don't !!! check my album

Love the concept of this bike, do you have a website or a forum thread somewhere detailing the build?

Checked, no pictures... :comp13:

• Member Contributer

Checked, no pictures... :rolleyes:

yeah yeah!

Checked, no pictures... :biggrin:

yeah yeah!

You found it!

Adding some pictures of the RV4, the guy who's riding my bike is a former superbike rider in Germany H.Müller and he loved it. He praised the torque and the ridebility, passing the gixxer on the outside in the curve, catched a 916 and R1 a little later and passed them easily, and I'm not bragging!

It has a massive torque from 8000- til 11500 thats the red line for the moment, when the engine tuning is finished it will re 12500

post-20541-078845300 1278183087_thumb.jp

post-20541-010728000 1278183604_thumb.jp

post-20541-079708700 1278183959_thumb.jp

Nice workshop also!....

That is unfortunatly not mine , belongs to good friend of mine who has been helping a lot on this project

Nice work...

:cheerleader:

HRV4,

I posted some pictures which shows where you can save weight ,

And I do like your bike, the tailpiece suits perfect

• Member Contributer

Adding some pictures of the RV4, the guy who's riding my bike is a former superbike rider in Germany H.Müller and he loved it. He praised the torque and the ridebility, passing the gixxer on the outside in the curve, catched a 916 and R1 a little later and passed them easily

Looks like your running a total loss system, as well as the new water pump. Should be an awesome crisp ride.

I am also very surprised the way my VFR also powers past other bigger bikes of similar era on the track! Have not tested up against the latest track 600s, the track times are not up there yet.

Are there any compromises you have had to make in the build due to cost or reliability issues ?

Adding some pictures of the RV4, the guy who's riding my bike is a former superbike rider in Germany H.Müller and he loved it. He praised the torque and the ridebility, passing the gixxer on the outside in the curve, catched a 916 and R1 a little later and passed them easily

Looks like your running a total loss system, as well as the new water pump. Should be an awesome crisp ride.

I am also very surprised the way my VFR also powers past other bigger bikes of similar era on the track. Not sure about the latest track 600s tho.

Are there any compromises you have had to make in the build due to cost or reliability issues ?

No compromises! it's gonna be the bike for the track! It will leave 600 's behind when I'm finished, hitting the target 155 bhp with 140 kg or less I don't think it will be a big issue.

remember HRC took 185 hp out of the RC45 engine and didn't have breakdown as far as I can recall, it's basicly the same engine.

Archived