RV4?

Guest gate2hell

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2009-honda-other-honda-rv4.jpg

It's a 4th gen chassis and engine, looks like an aftermarket Gixxer race tail, front cylinders exiting out the belly exhaust, rears out the tail exhaust.

Fairings look like CBR pattern bodywork, not sure about the fuel tank.

Ohlins forks, Brembo calipers, Beringer rotors, and a Gixxer swingarm out back.

Those are my best stabs in the dark. Seb will be along soon to correct me.

Nice trackbike, totally impractical as an all-rounder, but I like it!

• Member Contributer

Pretty cool lookn, considering its 4th gen based. I wonder what it weighs? Would be a great corner carver considering the 4th gen super tractable engine. :unsure:

• Member Contributer

It's a 4th gen chassis and engine, looks like an aftermarket Gixxer race tail, front cylinders exiting out the belly exhaust, rears out the tail exhaust.

Looks like Sharskinz brand aftermarket fairings for the 600rr.

pict001.jpg

Or maybe Attack brand bodywork?

CIMG1422.jpg

Is he saying in the ad it's 280lbs? :unsure:

http://rides.superstreetbike.com/ride/1195060/hondarv4/2009/honda/other-honda/index.html

does anyone knows who bike this is? cause i have a bunch of question on how he (or she did it). sure looks sweet.

I would love to know more as well, please make sure and update this thread if you get more info! Looks like the guy is based in Europe, maybe try contacting through that magazine blog?

• Member Contributer

http://rides.superstreetbike.com/ride/1195060/hondarv4/2009/honda/other-honda/index.html

does anyone knows who bike this is? cause i have a bunch of question on how he (or she did it). sure looks sweet.

I would love to know more as well, please make sure and update this thread if you get more info! Looks like the guy is based in Europe, maybe try contacting through that magazine blog?

Hey yeah Seb, with your stash of 4th gens, you could put one of those together...... :unsure:

Hey yeah Seb, with your stash of 4th gens, you could put one of those together...... :fing02:

I need a motor for the 3rd frame, that one can be the track tool... still have the track glass from my F4i, wiring harness, etc... it could happen! It won't be getting Ohlins forks, carbon brakes & PVM wheels though. :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Not sure about the 140 hp though... he didn't mention any engine mods.

Yeah, no way 140hp without mods. Surely different cams, revised ignition map and totally different carb jetting? Would probably mean it needs to have the tits revved of it all the time.

Which wouldn't be a BAD thing for a V4!

What we needed was a VFR-R, a stripped version of the 1200 with shorter wheelbase, fully adjuable susp and 150 lbs less weight.

Something close anyway. They could still do one. :fing02:

BR

• Member Contributer

280lbs? I call BS. 380 dry, no battery would be more like it. I did a lot to mine and got it down to 490 full wet street trim. Another 210 lbs? Yeah, right. The extra pipe work, USD front end and larger brakes actually added weight over stock or simpler mods. He did save a few pounds with the swingarm replacement and I have to assume forged magnesium wheels. More info please!

I tried the 600rr tank cover over the 4gen tank and it wasn't close. I also tried fitting the 600rr tank and it was WAY off. I kinda new that from looking at pics but I picked up a super cheap ebay tank and gave it try anyway. My guess is he had to eliminate the airbox, run individual filters (or none at all), and seriously cut down a 600rr tank to fit; 2 gals maybe.

Awesome job. :fing02: Where's my royalty payment? :fing02:

Looks like Sharskinz brand aftermarket fairings for the 600rr.

pict001.jpg

Or maybe Attack brand bodywork?

CIMG1422.jpg

Is he saying in the ad it's 280lbs? :fing02:

I would love to know more. I have been building a dedicated 3rd gen track bike over winter but I am not sure I would be willing to commit the big $$ for Ohins ( I went with 2000 R1 forks with Ohlins internals and Wilbers rear Shock) or loose the SSA.

A dedicated track bike will lose lots of weight but I question 280#

post-11427-065549600 1277306161_thumb.jp

A dedicated track bike will lose lots of weight but I question 280#

It's likely as deflated as the hp # is inflated.

I think the service manual gives the weight of the motor, let's start there and add as we go, assuming the best(lightest) for each added component. Let's daydream and say the exhaust is titanium... hey, what did VFROEM's bike weight when it was done?

4th gen VFR weighs 464lb dry(factory claimed weight) so we'd have to lose 180lbs to hit the guy's claimed number...

From VFROEM's thread -

The bike is still 'in progress'; only made dynoruns in the last 7 years.

Still have to make the first ride on the tarmac....

But it will be quicker than a regular VFR750F 90-93 bike:

168KG vs 240KG

125HP vs 90HP

1.34 HP/KG vs 2.67 HP/KG

So, 280, not likely.

So, 280, not likely.

Hell, the minimum weight for a MotoGP bike is 300lbs (for a twin cylinder, which there are none).

Four cylinder GP bikes are 330 Lbs minimum.

And look at how much it costs to build a bike that light!!!

So, 280, not likely.

Hell, the minimum weight for a MotoGP bike is 300lbs (for a twin cylinder, which there are none).

Four cylinder GP bikes are 330 Lbs minimum.

And look at how much it costs to build a bike that light!!!

I was just looking that up. The Ducati Desmo RR weights 377.0 lb dry and I doubt you could remove enough stuff on that bike to make up almost a 100#.

• Member Contributer

What we needed was a VFR-R, a stripped version of the 1200 with shorter wheelbase, fully adjuable susp and 150 lbs less weight.

Something close anyway. They could still do one. :fing02:

BR

Honda already makes one of those: it's called the CBR 1000RR. :fing02: Well, except for the V4.

I think the 750 engine is about 170lb dry, so maybe the 280lb total weight was a typo and really meant 380lbs. Still like it though, would like to see the exhaust work under the body, but looks very nice all around

• Member Contributer

Unless I am wrong (and the line for that forms to the left) the link shows that he stated "about my other Honda" and the link to his other Honda is a pic and description of 1987 NSR two stroke 3 cylinder. He lists the HP there as about 110 so it could be an NSR 250....

here is the link http://rides.superstreetbike.com/ride/1197234/hondarv4/1987/honda/other-honda/index.html

• Member Contributer

ok, I am wrong. the is calling the V4 Honda "Other Honda"....

so the 280lb weight would be like me telling the dentist that I do indeed floss twice a day, every day.

• Member Contributer

What's up with those forks? :computer-noworky:

He says their Ohlins but from the pic it sure looks bent doesn't it? :comp13: Originally, I didn't see the link. It has a few details like 16.5 PVM wheels. I don't know of any street tires for that size; only slicks.

What's up with those forks? :computer-noworky:

He says their Ohlins but from the pic it sure looks bent doesn't it? :comp13: Originally, I didn't see the link. It has a few details like 16.5 PVM wheels. I don't know of any street tires for that size; only slicks.

Well the bike is wearing slicks in the picture, there are no mirrors or lights, so it's definetly a track whore.

• Member Contributer

i am pretty sure that the durbahn rc30 was 340lbs. bit thats with carbon tail/seat and engine mods and unobtainium other parts gallor.

RC3020200220Pic202-Web.jpg

i want one! :wub:

after Slammers 1200 is paid off.. you guys can start a fund for the deaf guy :cheerleader:

i mean it cant cost that much.. its only a modded 20 year old bike.. cheap right? :laugh: :laughing6-hehe:

HONDARV4

"It's lot to explain, and needs a lot of space, and when I'm finished 100% (now it's 95% finished I have to powdercoat the swingarm and add a quickshifter and slipperclutch to say it's finished) this bike is for track only, but I'm thinking of making one (or more) for the road, if someone is intrested. I'm living in Germany, but the roadbike would be for US market only and would cost est.: 25000 $ I still don't get it that honda didn't do this!!!"

Didnt really get any more info than this, and it doesnt look like im going to get any either. but i did request more pic.

Archived