6th gen high beam HIDs

Guest Thy

Installed a 4300K 55W HID kit from ddmtuning.com over the weekend. Install was very straight forward, no permanent changes needed to be made. The kits from DDM have a soft start, they are current limited to a max of 6a during warm-up. The stock wiring should be able to handle that just fine. I did however install a Tightwad harness as a preventative when I first got the bike a year ago. I have not tried them out at night yet. I did ride around with them on for 20 minutes after the install. The headlight housing got fairly warm, but not so hot I couldn't hold my hand against it.

26953_438655114987_651424987_563074.jpg

26953_438655329987_651424987_563074.jpg

Curious as to why the HID's weren't installed in the low beam positions?

So I don't blind oncoming traffic. The reflective light housing on the VFR is not ideal for HIDs. They send a lot of light everywhere. Even if you adjust the headlight aim you will still be blinding oncoming traffic, IMO. I work 2nd shift and as a result do a lot of night riding. My ride home from work is an hour long trip on twisty, deer ridden, unlighted back roads. I usually can turn on the brights and not have to dim them for miles.

• Member Contributer

So I don't blind oncoming traffic. The reflective light housing on the VFR is not ideal for HIDs. They send a lot of light everywhere. Even if you adjust the headlight aim you will still be blinding oncoming traffic, IMO. I work 2nd shift and as a result do a lot of night riding. My ride home from work is an hour long trip on twisty, deer ridden, unlighted back roads. I usually can turn on the brights and not have to dim them for miles.

I have mine installed on lows and highs and just with my low beams on, I get flashed quite a bit. More often than I like to see! The only good thing, is that I know they can see me! But I do not want to blind them either!

I have mine installed on lows and highs and just with my low beams on, I get flashed quite a bit. More often than I like to see! The only good thing, is that I know they can see me! But I do not want to blind them either!

Don't forget that you a probably washing out your turn signals too. It is very likely oncoming traffic cannot see your front directionals.