deafness..... it really is VFR deafness!!

gll429

• Member Contributer

I do wish i could divulge that information. I wish i knew!

Come on now! I've got that funny tingly feeling and need some relief.

:laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Then go for a ride... :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Then go for a ride... :laughing6-hehe:

in the cold rain or something... :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

pics sent.. your brain may melt.

it not who you are .. its who you know.. pics result of knowing tattoo shop owners and film makers.

now to put this tread back on deaf stuff.. i was invited to make a deaf movie! all deaf ..ahem "ACTORS"....

i am to play the deaf biker guy who sweet talks up 2 deaf hotties.. and the rest will get me banned here!.

turns out lots of deaf people really do want everything fordeafies! movies, cops lawyers.. a whole freeking town .. some guy is trying to start a town in south dakota :squid:

i told him he was freaking nuts.. there are lots of towns in america that are abandoned.. in warmer states./... but NOOOOOO he wants deaf built.. deaf this deaf that..

the goober is kinda clueless IMHO.. as most deaf people dont have jobs that will pay for the cost of a new town.. :fing02:

as for myself.. still trying to get an implant in my head.. if i am lucky ..

is the song " rock me amadeus " worth it?? or should i just stick with QUEEN? :wheel: :excl:

• Member Contributer

Those pics make my pants fit funny :-D

Are you sure you put them on right after you finished "examining" the pics? :biggrin:

My dad took sign language to be an interpreter for his church some years back and I learned that it really is another language. The way I see it, deaf people are no more handicapped than the rest of us. In fact, they may even have an advantage as they don't have to listen to the constant whining that most people like to do on a daily basis. Reminds me of the movie "The Replacements". The bar scene where the main antagonist was heckling the tight end who was deaf. The tight end responded by writing...

"One nice thing about being deaf is....it is easy to ignore the a**holes." :biggrin:

Those pics make my pants fit funny :-D

Are you sure you put them on right after you finished "examining" the pics? :biggrin:

My dad took sign language to be an interpreter for his church some years back and I learned that it really is another language. The way I see it, deaf people are no more handicapped than the rest of us. In fact, they may even have an advantage as they don't have to listen to the constant whining that most people like to do on a daily basis. Reminds me of the movie "The Replacements". The bar scene where the main antagonist was heckling the tight end who was deaf. The tight end responded by writing...

"One nice thing about being deaf is....it is easy to ignore the a**holes." :biggrin:

oh sooooo true!

• Member Contributer

How is the hearing loss measured so you know yours is 93%? Just wondering...

• Member Contributer

you go to an Audiologist.

they will stick you in a sound proof booth and stick some headphones on you..

then go through a range of sounds.. hi pitch to low pitch starting out extremely faint..and then cranking up the volume until you can hear it.

most people can hear a pin drop onto a plate.. i am lucky if i can hear a harley with straight pipes :biggrin:

..or is that lucky enough NOT to hear them?? :smile:

measured in decibles by audiolgist. its never percentage because it always changes and changes and changes like progressive hearing losses like mine! but now im a borg

Then go for a ride... :fing02:

3 nose rings. 3 belly rings a tounge ring... ummmm :)

• Member Contributer

measured in decibles by audiolgist. its never percentage because it always changes and changes and changes like progressive hearing losses like mine! but now im a borg

your almost right..

i have lost the ability to hear 93 % of the "NORMAL" hearing range.. i can still hear some high pitch and very low pitch.. i heard i ambulance today.. but it was so loud to me it hurt my hears!!! i was 5 feet away when it was flipped on.. :fing02:

a drag bike of any make also is loud enough to hear.. and also HUUURRRTTTSSS!!..

it makes my ears ring!!!

i never hear the rumble or growl.. i just hear NOISE.. a jumble of crap that belongs to a sub being crushed at the bottom of the ocean.

on the flip side if my ear starts to ring while i have a hottie in my bed.. i know i can take a break and go get cold drink :idea3:

your almost right..

i have lost the ability to hear 93 % of the "NORMAL" hearing range.. i can still hear some high pitch and very low pitch.. i heard i ambulance today.. but it was so loud to me it hurt my hears!!! i was 5 feet away when it was flipped on.. :idea3:

a drag bike of any make also is loud enough to hear.. and also HUUURRRTTTSSS!!..

it makes my ears ring!!!

i never hear the rumble or growl.. i just hear NOISE.. a jumble of crap that belongs to a sub being crushed at the bottom of the ocean.

on the flp side if my ear starts to ring while i have a hottie in my bed.. i know i can take a break and go get gold drink bliss.gif

on the flip side..

and when your hearin starts to go the worse it gets and you can still hear voices your like wtf cuz your mom sounds like a dog barking. yeah thats what people sound like when we dont see them face to face.. :fing02:

How could I stayed out of the loop on this so long??????????? :blush:

Red hair, piercings, girlfriend............... anything else? :lobby: fu.jpg

I will be any age it takes!EisenmeinPimmel.jpgimage003.jpg

Don't know too much about cars, but I could change your oil and shock, tire, and brake you.av-171.gifav-8048.gif

Hell, I'll buy the friggin car!..DSCF1643.jpgDSCF1642.jpg

I know the smoke thing too:untitled.jpg

Patiently checking my email box.....

Another sicko Greg :wheel: :491:

im glad to know theres more sickos out there like my big brother :) great minds think alike <3

• Member Contributer

and when your hearin starts to go the worse it gets and you can still hear voices your like wtf cuz your mom sounds like a dog barking. yeah thats what people sound like when we dont see them face to face.. :smile:

are you sure the barking isnt just from the ugly chicks? :bliss:

• Member Contributer

im glad to know theres more sickos out there like my big brother :) great minds think alike <3

havent you learned yet??

all men are sickos..

the ones on this forum are cyckos!1

i have a matco tools and babe addiction and MBS(multiple bike syndrome)

and a farkle disease! :bliss:

and i am damn proud of it!!! :lurk:

no if i can just get that damn implant.. maybe i can have it hook up to a phone like a blue tooth :smile:

havent you learned yet??

all men are sickos..

the ones on this forum are cyckos!1

i have a matco tools and babe addiction and MBS(multiple bike syndrome)

and a farkle disease! :goofy:

and i am damn proud of it!!! :bliss:

no if i can just get that damn implant.. maybe i can have it hook up to a phone like a blue tooth :ph34r:

all men are sickos but clearly in differnt ways! i swear mike didnt like women or people in general for that matter. i just wish everyone i meet would stop being bipolar or psychotic! it makes me feel stupid and crazy..

and when your hearin starts to go the worse it gets and you can still hear voices your like wtf cuz your mom sounds like a dog barking. yeah thats what people sound like when we dont see them face to face.. :goofy:

are you sure the barking isnt just from the ugly chicks? :bliss:

im sure it was my mom...

amber says uglys are a no-no and a no-go so clearly there not invited in.

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

this thread is full of win...

your call to me the other night confirms 'WTF who's calling me... call back made me LOL"

probably should announce (via PM) that you're going to call before I discount whom it is and hang up!!!!!!!!!

Thinking it's a case of an accidental/mistaken call

DORK LMFAO

:musik20: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

all men are sickos but clearly in differnt ways! i swear mike didnt like women or people in general for that matter. i just wish everyone i meet would stop being bipolar or psychotic! it makes me feel stupid and crazy..

So , that being the situation, if you had to make a choice, which would you prefer? :491:
I have thirteen 'faces of Eve' standing in line and I want to send my A game to the plate. :lobby:
I'm sure at least ONE of us would have fun with you and your gang! :cool:
Even if I ended up just

Greg :angry:
Ps. Fancy that; my name's Greg too! :biggrin:

being a GREG can be a hassel sometimes..
GREG stands for gregarious really erotic gentalman..
which often comes with slaps to the face and buzzed woman trying to take me home...and trying to talk hot woman police officers out of the speeding tickets. :bliss:

• Member Contributer

this thread is full of win...

your call to me the other night confirms 'WTF who's calling me... call back made me LOL"

probably should announce (via PM) that you're going to call before I discount whom it is and hang up!!!!!!!!!

Thinking it's a case of an accidental/mistaken call

DORK LMFAO

:musik20: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe: :laughing6-hehe:

you said give you a call.. :fing02:

so i called,, via a video relay.. now when think of you.. i picture the hot blonde relay operator :laughing6-hehe:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

hiya peoples!!

my sister is bumming the country.. i wish i was 22 again.. well maybe not.. i had my leg in a cast that year :happy: :pinocchio:

• 1 month later...

And just cause I like to jab people with sticks, and fuel fires...........................I've now had the pleasure of meeting Ms Crystal in person, pictures do her no justice............................. :goofy: :goofy: :bliss: :491: :wub: :wub:

Hey Greg, hadn't seen this thread, I guess the last few posts brought it back.

I'm not deaf, just afraid my son will lose his hearing. I can hear his earphones across the room!. Myself I've always tried to protect my hearing, did get these clunky walkmans when they first came out (used it as I rode my Vespa!).

Anyways not about him, but just nothing in specific, have you seen the movie "it's all gone pete tong"It's about a DJ who loses his hearing. (No more spoilers in case you haven't), I really recommend it, the setup is in Ibiza club culture.

So that's what this post is about, your question "are the songs worth it?" Yes they are. Absolutely. Dunno maybe I just have a sound fetish (and a visual fetish too). But I could not live without my music. Especially recent

These melt any stress, elevate me from this mortal existence and I am connected 16 ways across the universe. Zero drugs!.

Then you discover Brainwave technology... oh wow. (reciprocal waves across Left to Right that your brain fills the blanks for and ends up following its uplifting wave). or, as they explain it;

In an EEG "At any given moment, (in the brain) many frequencies can be detected, but there's always a predominant frequency. Scientists have found a link between the different brainwave frequencies and the different mind states. The dominant brainwave frequency determines our state of mind in each moment."

It works!.

Don't have to buy them tho. Available all over the net.

My appreciation of sound and music comes from growing up in a household full of musicians. My uncle directed the local philharmonic band, and taught in university. So I'd hear his sax and oboe solos every afternoon. Myself I can only play twinkle star in the piano, that's about it!.

Anyways Yes. I'd spend it if I had it... to be able to hear. Not just Mozart, or Sesto Sento and The Police and brainwaves. But to give my brain aural orgasms like we do with food, pictures, movies, etc etc.

Find that movie if you haven't seen it!.

• Member Contributer

And just cause I like to jab people with sticks, and fuel fires...........................I've now had the pleasure of meeting Ms Crystal in person, pictures do her no justice............................. :goofy: :goofy: :bliss: :491: :wub: :wub:

Since I'm not very likely to meet her in the little while, I'll be happy with a few pics now. biggrin.gif

c

Archived