deafness..... it really is VFR deafness!!

gll429

• Member Contributer

A fellow member of vfrd ..KNIFE, asked me if I am really deaf...and that I must have over come a bit..and to ride motorcycles to top it off...

How to respond??

I am deaf???

Yes!!!I have a 93% hearing loss...

Am I deaf??? No!!

I am not part of the "deaf culture" ergo hang out in deaf groups and such .

Kinda like a being jewish guy eating a ham sandwich on passover .I do know sign language..but don't use it much..just about every gal I date is hearing..or doesnt speak english anyway...I am NOT going to show pix as I get into enough trouble with the moderators as it is.

I can't hear on the phone...or the radio,TV, drunks screaming at 3am.. Or the wonderfull V4 exhaust.

I do talk normal..most of the time as SEB will confirm. Sometimes I talk too loud..sometimes too soft..

I AM trying to get an IMPLANT..ergo the bionic ear..(do doo do doo do dooo doooo do do) you must be over 30 to get the 6 million $ man joke!!

If I get the implant it may take about a year to get it tuned right..that's fine.. I just wanna know if I can get sirus radio in my head!! I wanna howard sterns twisted stuff!!!

I use EMAIL, IM , and texts to communicate most of the time...and web cam when talking with a few deaf or signing pals.

My grandfathers were deaf.. Going back generations..about 8 or 900 years.. Born hearing slowly going deaf... just like me and my sister..(1st deaf girl)

I grew up around bikes and got my first street bike from a foster brother at 12.

If you lived in York PA back in 83..and saw a little kid push start a lowered flat black cafe cb750 ..that was me!!!

Motorcycles got put aside as I got into bicycles and racing them.

By the time I went to MMI in arizon I was fully deaf.. And was the ONLY person in my class to get a 100 % on noise identification!!!

Vibration location is the key! A george on the dollar bill will tell me if the valves need adjustments...mr camel blows smoke at gasket leaks. Lots of cool stuff picked up over the years..

As for the VFR...I have owned one since I was 16..often more than 1 in my stash..along with parts everywhere.

So, am I deaf?? Yes.. But I think of my self as a biker,a good cook,a silly guy, a dirty minded lover, and and and and.. SO much more before I add deaf... BUT.. In the world of motorcycles..everything reminds me of what's missing ( aside from dirty wispers from my girl)...the exhaust .. The starter buzz. The gear driven whine.. The starter relay click.. And of course... just about every video on the web has no captions..(like the MD cop).

and yes.. it really is VFR deafness... my cochlear is fried.. and that converts vibrations from the eardrum into electrical impulses to my brain.. ergo its a REG/REC// so of course its shot!! :lobby:

So..if your in MD and see a flat black vfr750 that's not timmy the cops bike.. Its mine..and if you say "HI!!" make sure I am looking at you!

I hope hope everyone has a great weekend!!

The great silly one,Greg

Deaf ,not dumb!

NUTS,not crazy!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep on keepin' on there Dude. :lobby:

Hopefully the implant will help you out. :musik20:

My co-worker's daughter has one, and it's made her life a lot easier. They went to do the other side later on, so she'd have stereo, but there was too much scar tissue or something so it didn't work.

Oh well, mono is better than zero.

• Member Contributer

you realize.. with the implant i become a cyborg :biggrin:

wonder if i can get it to hook up to my phone and gps via bluetooth! :goofy:

and maybe i can get honda to pay for it if i have the honda logo on the outer parts?

• Member Contributer

So you're sayin' you can't hear your girlfriend nag? On the other hand, you can't hear her scream while in the throes of passion either, but then that's why God made fingernails. Seems that for every negative in life, there is a corresponding positive. Seems like you dwell only on the positives. Very cool! Very cool indeed!

And regarding your Jewish reference, remember the ultimate Jewish dilemma... free ham!

• Member Contributer

So you're sayin' you can't hear your girlfriend nag? On the other hand, you can't hear her scream while in the throes of passion either, but then that's why God made fingernails. Seems that for every negative in life, there is a corresponding positive. Seems like you dwell only on the positives. Very cool! Very cool indeed!

And regarding your Jewish reference, remember the ultimate Jewish dilemma... free ham!

as it i said.. 93 % deaf.. the other 7 % can hear a nuke and the big O!! tongue.gif

but honestly.. the ultimate Jewish dilemma.. free seafood buffet at phillips :goofy:

i do try to be possitive in life.. i just a really nasty root canal done today.. thats where i typed this up in the 1st place.. on my sidekick LX.. the bright side.. i got the hot chinese girls email :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Hey Greg!

Thanks for the explanations and details. Makes more sense now with some of the comments you make. In any case, you are a positive guy, evidently, and I hope that the implant works out for you--but careful what you wish for... something about the nagging... Cheers man!

Christian

• Member Contributer

Hey Greg!

Thanks for the explanations and details. Makes more sense now with some of the comments you make. In any case, you are a positive guy, evidently, and I hope that the implant works out for you--but careful what you wish for... something about the nagging... Cheers man!

Christian

hhmmm i guess my replys for the proper way to make a sandwich didnt compute??? :biggrin:

here is pete..and the sandwich i made..

remember..babyoil! better than mobil 1!!! fresh squeezed!!

sandwich.jpg

• Member Contributer

As far as implants go, you won't go wrong with the Nucleus 5 system from Coclear America. Fully digital, supports up to 4 individual programs, 22 electrodes... current best in industry.

http://products.coch...ucleus-5-system

header_n5-section_0_0_0.jpg

is that an i pod for all the Beethoven?? :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

well now.. i have gotten a few PMs asking about george and mr camell..

simply put.. smoke from a cigaret will be blown by a blown gasket and holes in the exhaust pipes and such ....

the 1 dollar bill trick for valves.....

this works best on stright pipes.. but can work on 2 into 1 pipes.. almost never for a 4 into 1

the trick... hold a dollar and the end of the exhaust pipe.. it will flutter.. however.. if the exhaust valve is not closing.. george gets sucked back ...then shot out again. if he does this a few times you know somethings wrong :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

It's ham on SALE...

is that an i pod for all the Beethoven??

Remote control. Access any program, adjust volume, check battery levels, monitor input levels, etc, etc, etc.

• Member Contributer

Remote control. Access any program, adjust volume, check battery levels, monitor input levels, etc, etc, etc.

i had guessed that. :biggrin:

but on the flip side.. blah! one more thing to lose!!! my pal lost his remote for the TV..and you cant do anything with out it!!!! i hate that kinda crap..

as for the implant.. i want to beable to turn it up or down with my finger as on a hearing aid. the last thing i need is to have it raining and need to dig out a remote control from a my jacket pocket to stop BBBBZZZZ feedback in my brain! remotecontols are good for the buzzer in your girls panties... other wise .. get off your butt and change the channel! :fing02:

ok.. back to real life now..

i have to talk with the docs and the insurence people .. this set up costs $120,000 :fing02:

is it really worth it? i mean can taylor swift sing that well?? it xibit more than cornrows? it michael jackson more than grocery bags? ( white,plastic, and dangerous to childern)

pics of my sister..

Photo_34.jpg

Photo_07.jpg

Photo_81.jpg

i MAY be willing to give her phone # in trade for a rc30 or rc45 :goofy:

i want to beable to turn it up or down with my finger as on a hearing aid.

You can. All the basic controls can be done from the earpiece. Remote has more functionality.

.. this set up costs $120,000 blink.gif is it really worth it?

That's about right. Guess it depends on what you're wanting out of an implant. I'm told, "Yes". Of course, like anything, in two years it will be outdated and significantly cheaper.

• Member Contributer

i had guessed that. :fing02:

but on the flip side.. blah! one more thing to lose!!! my pal lost his remote for the TV..and you cant do anything with out it!!!! i hate that kinda crap..

as for the implant.. i want to beable to turn it up or down with my finger as on a hearing aid. the last thing i need is to have it raining and need to dig out a remote control from a my jacket pocket to stop BBBBZZZZ feedback in my brain! remotecontols are good for the buzzer in your girls panties... other wise .. get off your butt and change the channel! :goofy:

ok.. back to real life now..

i have to talk with the docs and the insurence people .. this set up costs $120,000 :huh:

is it really worth it? i mean can taylor swift sing that well?? it xibit more than cornrows? it michael jackson more than grocery bags? ( white,plastic, and dangerous to childern)

pics of my sister..

Photo_34.jpg

Photo_07.jpg

Photo_81.jpg

i MAY be willing to give her phone # in trade for a rc30 or rc45 :goofy:

If only I were 35 years younger. Your sister is a hawty!

• Member Contributer

Photo_81.jpg

i MAY be willing to give her phone # in trade for a rc30 or rc45 :huh:

Oh, I've got an RC45 for ya...Yeah, RC45 - that's the ticket...RC30 too, yeah...RC30 - that's the ticket... :goofy:

Wife may have a problem, of course... :fing02:

Your post is inspiring - good for you!!

• Member Contributer

I'm just reading this for the first time. Haven't been around much lately. Gil...dude def or not I've always thought you to be one of the most grounded nut cases on this forum. Keep the shiny side up brudda'. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

what is the point of this post anyway?

the point of this post is to find out who's blind :goofy: :fing02:

did you READ it?

vfrd.jpg

people have asked about the pic above...

and about the signing smilely face below.

• Member Contributer

i MAY be willing to give her phone # in trade for a rc30 or rc45 :fing02:

Oh, I've got an RC45 for ya...Yeah, RC45 - that's the ticket...RC30 too, yeah...RC30 - that's the ticket... :goofy:

crystal.jpg

so have bids for the phone #

an rc30

rc30 and an rc45

anyone bidding higher?

rc30,rc45 and an rc51??? mv agusta? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Crystal,

You may have just started a wave of marital problems all across this board.

I enjoy your since of humor!

Mac

Crystal,

Mac

hahaha SORRY!!

• Member Contributer

Crystal,

Mac

hahaha SORRY!!

she a trouble maker alright!

now about those bikes....:fing02:

Archived