Busy Little Shops project pics

BusyLittleShop

• Member Contributer

Busy Little Shop project pics... someone suggested I start a picture

thread to show what goes on inside the BLS... enjoy...

At a glance all BLS parts for a Honda RS250... here is what 39 hours

of hand machining at $50 per looks like...

gallery_3131_51_26875.jpg

Work in progress...

gallery_3131_51_2547.jpg

BLS 6061 T6 aluminum caliper hanger for a 2 pot billet Brembo to fit

RS250 axle cassette...

gallery_3131_51_21971.jpg

BLS 7075 T6 aluminum axle insert and and axle with Delrin bullet for

Ohlins forks...

gallery_3131_51_13810.jpg

gallery_3131_51_11865.jpg

gallery_3131_51_40802.jpg

BLS Magnesium calipers mounts...

gallery_3131_51_35040.jpg

gallery_3131_51_40265.jpg

It's nice when someone appreciates your work...

gallery_3131_51_963655.jpg

I love it when a plan comes together and everything turns out

perfect...

gallery_3131_51_41095.jpg

• Member Contributer

Beautiful Workmanship like always Larry...... :cheerleader: :biggrin: .....Nice Beer choice too..... :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Looks good Larry :rolleyes: How many hours were needed to fabricate these parts?

39 hours of hand machining at $50 per...

• Member Contributer

6061 T6 aluminum caliper hanger for a 2 pot billet Brembo

That's what I wanted for my 5th gen, but didn't know anyone around here willing to do it.

• Member Contributer

6061 T6 aluminum caliper hanger for a 2 pot billet Brembo

That's what I wanted for my 5th gen, but didn't know anyone around here willing to do it.

I think the 4 pot billet would actually stop you better...

gallery_3131_51_8663.jpg

gallery_3131_51_18755.jpg

• Member Contributer

I can appreciate fabricating all of that stuff by laying out everything by hand and manually machining everything but I could probably model all of that stuff in SolidWorks in a few hours and send it out to be made by some shop with a CNC and a week later I'd have my parts for much cheaper than what you were paid to do that.

I send a lot of my small jobs to some dude who does all his machining without a CNC because he is fast and his quality is super so I can appreciate your skills but NFW would I pay $2k for that.

gallery_3131_51_8663.jpg

Larry, I'm disappointed in the safety wiring displayed here.... specifically the right caliper mounting bolt.... the wire is actually pulling to loosen the bolt. Shame! As an ex-AF guy I'm sure that you would understand neither caliper mount bolt wiring would pass A/P inspection.

• Member Contributer

gallery_3131_51_8663.jpg

Larry, I'm disappointed in the safety wiring displayed here.... specifically the right caliper mounting bolt.... the wire is actually pulling to loosen the bolt. Shame! As an ex-AF guy I'm sure that you would understand neither caliper mount bolt wiring would pass A/P inspection.

You're right... thanks for pointing that out... and just think I was Quality Control prick in the USAF...

• 2 weeks later...

I am now more convinced than ever that Larry's primary job on this board is to tittilate and frustrate those of us who don't have the tools and (far more importantly) the skills to build these sweet, lightweight race bits.

Hey Larry, I have a 5th gen that will be stuck in Cali for a bit when I move to NYC. What if I parked it in your garage as a test bed for your modifications. You can sell what you've designed to the hungry folks here at VFRD, and I'll, uh, beta test the hell out of the proto-types, yeah, thats it, beta test... :D

Freakin sweet as always dude!

• Member Contributer

I am now more convinced than ever that Larry's primary job on this board is to tittilate and frustrate those of us who don't have the tools and (far more importantly) the skills to build these sweet, lightweight race bits.

BLS is nothing special! I carved something very similar with my Leatherman and an old stick the last time we had a good fire and few beers in my back yard! OK, I can't even imagine coming up with that on my own. The closest I can come is a friend that has a CNC in his garage and he puts out bits n pieces for Kuryakyn. I just dream. tongue.gif

• Member Contributer

Nice work :fing02:

All hand work or you running a CNC to help? I worked as a CNC repair tech for 7 years before I headed in to the Nuclear field. Saw some amazing things come out of blocks of metal.

• Member Contributer

I think the 4 pot billet would actually stop you better...

gallery_3131_51_8663.jpg

gallery_3131_51_18755.jpg

I'll put this on my wish list Larry, would be nice on my '99 along with a single braided brake line through the swingarm! :fing02: