'If" No TurnSignals & No Brake Lights, do this >

Guest 94VFRoregon

Guest 94VFRoregon

No turn signals ? No brake lights ? No horn ? I may have solved You problem for you.

4th Gen Owners like me and perhaps some others, the fuse for turn signals-brake lights and horn are on one single fuse, check that 1st, then if they are still dead and you have checked everything you can think of such as bulbs & brake switches then proceed as I did.

Make sure you check the 2 little tiny wires with female spade plugs on the right side handle bar that attach to the little tiny hand brake switch just under the hand brake lever, I found those little wire plugs to be corroded and causing a break / open circuit and so killing all the power to even the turn signals.

Once I cleaned up those little hand brake switch wires and the females plugs my turn signals, brake lights and horn all came back on.

Hope that helps if you have the same problem. :blink:

• Member Contributer

I'll store that in the "Now What?" files in my brain if it happens on mine. Damned I hate electrical gremlins. A water/oil/gas leak, you can see but electrical stuff can take forever to track down. THANKS!

• Member Contributer

Good one 94VFRoregon :fing02:

Can I also add that if you've taken the rear fairings off recently, it's worth checking you've re-connected the connector block on the LHS that feeds to the rear indicators, tail-lights and brake lights. DON'T ask me how I know about this :pinocchio: wink.gif

Archived