Got a Garmin.

VFRBenny

So I got caught in a heavy rain storm and my $100. TomTom got real wet and started flaking out! So I went on the hunt for something waterproof. I found REI had a demo of the Garmin Nuvi 550 for $210. Also bought a Gamin scooter mount for $25.

Got the Camera poi's for $5. and it's working well.

4377884688_cb9b2ec3f0_o.jpg

4377884696_09e254a215_o.jpg

4377884698_a3694751fd_o.jpg

• Member Contributer

Not only do I like your GPS install. That's another great idea, using velcro to capture keychain parts.

Could be tuned to eliminate all key associated damage.

Not only do I like your GPS install. That's another great idea, using velcro to capture keychain parts.

Could be tuned to eliminate all key associated damage.

Ya, I like Velcro! Will see how the mount holds up. I'm going to safety wire the cradle to the mount(just in case).

• Member Contributer

How do you like the Garmin vs. the TomTom thus far? I've a cheap TomTom One and the thing is great about not telling me what lane I should be in until it's basically too-late. There's some other things like that which I'm not too excited about either...

How do you like the Garmin vs. the TomTom thus far? I've a cheap TomTom One and the thing is great about not telling me what lane I should be in until it's basically too-late. There's some other things like that which I'm not too excited about either...

The XL 335s is many years ahead of this Nuvi550. In a car, the TT is much much better. If you need routes, waterproof, a big mph display and a few other things, the Garmin is the way to go.

Archived