GET BENT!!!

Veefer800Canuck

Thats too funny! But hat's off to you , looks like the hard work is paying off! BTW, how's the rest of your injuries doing? Soon be time to ride the colourful beast! I'm thinking an Evil Kenevil racing suit might be in order....!

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bike is great, done some riding in the last month. Over 12,000 km since the rebuild.

As for me, finally getting my shoulder fixed, and having two screws taken out of my heel on Jun 15th. They rub in my footwear and give me trouble after a long day.

Why the doc didn't countersink them so they sit flush with the bone I'll never know.

• Member Contributer

Wow! A great build and like no other.

You Sir are an inspiration.

• 10 months later...

It never ends. Went to the DMV today to re-register the bike for the season, and they balked, because their records show it as a 1999, but the IBC has deemed it a 2010.

My insurance is correct, the VIN matches, but the year is wrong, and it's the DMV's fault because they did not update their records 3 years ago when I provided them with the proper documentation at that time.

So, I couldn't find the paperwork, had to call the IBC, they sent me the records via e-mail, and by the time I got back to the DMV, they were closed.

Arrgh.

Government bureaucrats everywhere suck I guess. :comp13:

I'd say join AAA, but not sure if there's a Canadian analog, eh.

I went there to renew my license tag after I was reminded by Officer Friendly that it had expired. :sleep:

Oddly enough, they had no problems registering it for 2010 and 2011 and 2012..............

Oh, and ever since I got the bike in January of 2000, the DMV insists on calling it a VFR750.

Even though I explained it's a VFR800, they don't care. It has always said that on my registration.

WHAT-ev-errrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Member Contributer

Went for a ride today, about 60 miles. Beautiful afternoon. Stopped at the lake and snapped a few pics to show the past winter's mods.

Iphone, so it is what it is. Oh well.

Also the only place with anything resembling scenery anywhere near this town.

gallery_554_5200_2220805.jpg

Part of the winter mods must have been the gyros from a Segue to hold the bike upright when parked! :ph34r:

• 5 months later...
  • Member Contributer

I don't have any fancy V-blocks or such for measuring, but I was thinking of gently chucking the fork legs up into the metal lathe at work, on the topmost part of the fork where the upper triple and clipon normally mounts, then starting the lathe VERY slowly, and work it up easy to a reasonable (slow-ish) speed that would show any bend in the fork as an off-center wobble. Clamping say, a popsicle stick in the lathe's tool mount should show any runout as increasing/decreasing clearance, no?

Do you think this would work? :comp13:

You should be perfectly ok checking the fork legs in a lathe. I would think that if your work has a lathe, there should also be a dial indicator floating around somewhere. A popsicle stick would show you an obvious bend, but the tolerance on the fork tubes is .008". For reference, the hair on your head is on average .010". To know for sure, you need an accurate way of measuring deflection.

Harbor Freight has cheap & decent dial indicators, maybe Princess Auto does too?

This post is quite old so it's likely that you have resolved your farm issue. Here in BC ICBC writes off motorcycles for fun. I bought a salvage 2000 viffer that had fairing damage and one slightly bent fork. I have been told by long time viffer owners that the stops are where to look to indicate frame damage. Bottom line is I have a good 2000 VFR frame in salvage status with the reggie if interested.

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

It is a beautiful example of a man and his VFR...

I believe you may even find it written up in a magazine somewhere...

Finally found this bike!!!!!!!!! This is the absolute best looking VFR IMO. LOVE IT! Now do you mind if I copy the paint scheme?

Well they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so why not?

Post pics when you have some!

Archived