HyperPro the best in the whole world?

VFRBenny

I dont know if there the best or not! I do know the bike handles like never before(in a good way).

No oversteer, no understeer, no wallowing, no excessive dive under braking, all this and a smooth ride!

I was hesitant to use the 20wt oil, but it turns out that the folks at HyperPro did there homework, as the bike handles like a dream.

Also got my Penske shock dialed in. I'm ready for some all day twisty tours!

• Member Contributer

I dont know if there the best or not! I do know the bike handles like never before(in a good way).

No oversteer, no understeer, no wallowing, no excessive dive under braking, all this and a smooth ride!

I was hesitant to use the 20wt oil, but it turns out that the folks at HyperPro did there homework, as the bike handles like a dream.

Ok then, what are the details? Spring? your weight? $$

• Member Contributer

Did you revalve the forks or just put new springs? What rate rear spring did you use?

Glad it's working out, proper suspension makes it like a whole new bike.

2o weight oil?

what is stock oil height on your 2000 model, and what oil height did hyper recommend?

Did you revalve the forks or just put new springs? What rate rear spring did you use?

Glad it's working out, proper suspension makes it like a whole new bike.

No revalve, just springs and oil. The Penske was from my old gsxr and I had it reworked for the VFR. 1200 lb (21 kg) spring.

2o weight oil?

what is stock oil height on your 2000 model, and what oil height did hyper recommend?

Dont know stock height. HyperPro is 130 mm.

Thanks for the info

I'll assume stock is 100 mm (typically is)

I spoke to them one time, to find out whether their spring was stiffer than stock. They wouldnt answer or give me oil heights or weights they were using.

The stock vfr is a progessive spring, typically I would expect about 20mm less oil height using a 20 weight over a 10 weight). in your case its 30 mm.

To me it sounds like those two springs are real close, being there's no valving change.

The 20 weight oil, is more the key of improvement feel IMO , that weight really would stiffen the valving. The question is the rebound qualities, this normally takes large succesive hits, to see if rebound is adaqute, not as important on the street since its pretty smooth.

Anyone want to dabble with a 20 weight on their stock springs?

Thanks for the info

I'll assume stock is 100 mm (typically is)

I spoke to them one time, to find out whether their spring was stiffer than stock. They wouldnt answer or give me oil heights or weights they were using.

The stock vfr is a progessive spring, typically I would expect about 20mm less oil height using a 20 weight over a 10 weight). in your case its 30 mm.

To me it sounds like those two springs are real close, being there's no valving change.

The 20 weight oil, is more the key of improvement feel IMO , that weight really would stiffen the valving. The question is the rebound qualities, this normally takes large succesive hits, to see if rebound is adaqute, not as important on the street since its pretty smooth.

Anyone want to dabble with a 20 weight on their stock springs?

The Hp springs had 8 more coils, I guess the valving change is the heavy oil.

• Member Contributer

That's exactly why they recommended the 20wt IMO. In reality the valves should be done to compensate for the firmer springs. Curious if the heavier oil alone will have any side effects. Glad that it feels great though.

More coils doesn't necessarily mean stiffer, do you know the actual kg rating of the springs. Curious on your 1200# rear spring, what do you weight?

That's exactly why they recommended the 20wt IMO. In reality the valves should be done to compensate for the firmer springs. Curious if the heavier oil alone will have any side effects. Glad that it feels great though.

More coils doesn't necessarily mean stiffer, do you know the actual kg rating of the springs. Curious on your 1200# rear spring, what do you weight?

I'm about 220. The springs are rising rate and I dont know if the have a single kg weight, I counted 11 different coil rates.

I'm about 220. The springs are rising rate and I dont know if the have a single kg weight, I counted 11 different coil rates.

1200# sounds about right for 220# rider.

• Member Contributer

How much $$ for the HyperPros? Did they base your springs on your weight (I'm about 220 too) or are they just one set for anyone with a Y2K VFR? Thanks for the info...:rolleyes:

How much $$ for the HyperPros? Did they base your springs on your weight (I'm about 220 too) or are they just one set for anyone with a Y2K VFR? Thanks for the info...:rolleyes:

$139. and they are a one size fits all.

Archived