Can anyone identify this seat cowel

VIFFER93

OK, so a few years ago I found this cowel and I thought I was going to do something with it. That project never happened but I am not sure what it will fit. I know it is not a 3rd generation cowel. Anyone have any ideas? I would like to sell it, it is in good condition and needs a home.

... Anyone have any ideas? I would like to sell it, it is in good condition and needs a home.

If it is a Honda cowl it could have a part number cast into the underside, and the middle section of that is the model code.

It doesn't look like either a 94-97 750 or a 98-01 800 to me - too angular.

... Anyone have any ideas? I would like to sell it, it is in good condition and needs a home.

If it is a Honda cowl it could have a part number cast into the underside, and the middle section of that is the model code.

It doesn't look like either a 94-97 750 or a 98-01 800 to me - too angular.

I agree that if it was a Honda part it could have a part number on it. My luck is never that good. The only numbers are what someone incorrectly wrote, "VTR750"

Here are more pics

Thanks for the input.

It's an 86-89 VFR700/750 cowl.

vfr750-g.jpg

101_1797.jpg

That is the closest so far. The one I have does not have a place for a bump pad, the side fastner hole or the tab in the middle on the back edge. Could this be an after market cover and not OEM?

That is the closest so far. The one I have does not have a place for a bump pad, the side fastner hole or the tab in the middle on the back edge. Could this be an after market cover and not OEM?

It's not close, it IS. The bump pad attaches with double sided tape to the forward-facing vertical portion, and not all of them had screw holes(see the Honda ad).

All the aftermarket parts were fiberglass that I'm aware of. If your part is plastic, it's OEM.

It's not close, it IS. The bump pad attaches with double sided tape to the forward-facing vertical portion, and not all of them had screw holes(see the Honda ad).

All the aftermarket parts were fiberglass that I'm aware of. If your part is plastic, it's OEM.

Well then, a VFR Cowel it is then :fing02: . Thanks Seb and company. That is what happens when parts sit in the dark corners of my shop for 5 years. Ebay here we come.

Archived