Alarm install went well!

VFRBenny

Any more info on what alarm you installed? Guessing by that red light it was out of a car or something.

The alarm is a 20 year old UNGO box motorcycle alarm. I've used it on 6 different bikes. I keep reusing it because it uses a mercury switch for motion/impact detection and never false triggers.

• Member Contributer

I don't think I've seen reviews of this alarm before. A quick search just shows that it's been bought/rebranded Clarion. Any chance you can give a quick write-up on the product?

I don't think I've seen reviews of this alarm before. A quick search just shows that it's been bought/rebranded Clarion. Any chance you can give a quick write-up on the product?

There no point in a review as this model is no longer made(for over 15 years now). In the early 80's I got a after school job of installing alarms. There where a lot of junk alarms on the market, how ever there was a company in palo alto, Ca. that made an alarm called the UngoBox (I cant remember the company name). These alarms were hand built with cutting edge designs. The systems cost $200.~$500. Some time in the mid 90's Clarion bought the ungo name and designs and made ungo alarms for about 5 years. After that time Clarion had DEI(Directed Electronics)make there alarms

Today 95% of all car alarms are made by DEI.

Archived