Motorcycle Undies

Insomniac

• Member Contributer

This is kind of a dumb question, but do you wear anything under bike shorts? I feel like if you are just wearing them as underwear they would get pretty damn gross and I would need quite a few pair if I were to take a long trip

Nope. Three pairs: One on, one drying, one in reserve.

This means washing up daily, but you can ride approximately forever that way. Washing up daily is no big deal, cuz you're going to take a shower anyway, right? Umm, right?

Glenn

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

+1 for the Aerostich briefs

Fast Wicking Fly Front Brief #1812

At $16 they are reasonably priced. I've been wearing them exclusively when riding for three years. Extreemly comfortable, non-sweaty, easy wash/dry. Never noticed seams. Worn under jeans worn under Transit Suit leather pants.

• Member Contributer

I ride in full leathers. My old Joe Rocket leathers fit pretty decent but would bind before I even started sweating. It was especially bad in the knees. I started wearing full length UA Heat Gear underneath, which allowed the leathers to move and gave me some range of motion back. Fast forward to now and I have a really nice set of RS Taichi GMX Motion leathers. They are nice and tight all around, but their design still allows me to move easily without binding. However, they are hard to put on and remove because they fit so snugly. UA Heat Gear to the rescue again. It allows me to slip the leathers on and off easily and still lets the perforated leather flow air like it should. :fing02:

I don't endorse the UA brand specifically, but do recommend that type of form fitting undergarment for summer riding in leathers. I have UA because it was on sale online at the end of the summer and no cheap local alternatives were available.

My biggest issue is seams in the crotch area, sittling on those things are irritaing. Ive been commando for a few months, and I luve the breeze that comes through the jeans, I think a vented crotch would be even better. But that quelched the seam issues,

Why cant they make underwear with all the seams in non crotch and butt area(like all on the front where you dont sit, I gave up trying to find.

What brand jeans don't have seams in the crotch area?

I have similar type poly underwear that bayareariders mentions. On a relatively comfy seat like that of the VFR it is better than bikeshorts. They are also quick drying so excellent for multi day trips. You can wash them in the evening and they are dry the next morning.

• Member Contributer

been using these lately. They are like 5 bucks on ebay

Nike-Pro-Combat-Hyperstrong-Boys-Football-Shorts-411517_100_A.jpg?wid=500&hei=375&fmt=jpeg&

This is close to what I wear. Product name is Wilson Ultra ( moisture-wicking) , about $8.00 each. Easy wash and fast drying. Problem is, Zellers sold them and they are now going out of biz, and have zero stock in the stores I checked. I do not wear jeans( packed away in my side bags) when riding unless I am going to an event. I just wear gym shorts which keeps me cool and are obviously not as restrictive as when wearing jeans.

• Member Contributer

been using these lately. They are like 5 bucks on ebay

Nike-Pro-Combat-Hyperstrong-Boys-Football-Shorts-411517_100_A.jpg?wid=500&hei=375&fmt=jpeg&

$5? All I can find is $28-60 before shipping. Can you please advise?

• Member Contributer

As I recall, Aerostich sells "tree climber" (arborwear ?) pants with gusseted crotch. No seams. Might be better than jeans under riding pants. Wish I could afford a half-dozen.

• Member Contributer

I recently picked up a pair of these poly shorts with good results, great price now. Will try to get a few more soon...

http://www.cyclegear...xers/web1010128

I got these too. On sale right now.

Their Freeze-Out base wear is on sale now, too. Buy one, get one free. Might as well prepare for winter. Lord knows it will arrive before you know it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer

A 5th gen seat on this man's little behind can be agony after a couple of hours. A bicyclist told me "padded biker shorts". So I bought a pair...I can attest that was a great investment for me. I can ride twisty roads all day now. At times it can still be a little uncomfortable but no more agony.

Now with a front fly! Every pair comes with a magnifying glass & tweezers for those really cold days. Come on guys, everyone knows that a real man arrives after a long ride with crouch rash & his undies tucked up his crack.

• Member Contributer

A 5th gen seat on this man's little behind can be agony after a couple of hours. A bicyclist told me "padded biker shorts". So I bought a pair...I can attest that was a great investment for me. I can ride twisty roads all day now. At times it can still be a little uncomfortable but no more agony.

FYI. I was a bicycle racer for 13 years, track and road. Many saddle sores later there are a few fundamental items I could never overlook. Slay clean! Spend money on a good pair of shorts. If you go the above route with a cycling shorts, it will have a chamois in it, don't be scared, it is for your protection. Synthetic chamois or natural, it will help for you big mile riders. You get what you pay for. ASSOS makes some of the best products in the world and they make a cream that prevents friction and it is medicated. Ask the Tour de France riders what they use? ASSOS chamois creme. Rub it in before a looooong ride and, Bob's your uncle.

Good luck. Personally, if I aint makin turns,I aint riding.

• Member Contributer

After reading all this information I have booked my therapist for more than a couple of sessions ,there are images to remove .

• Member Contributer

FYI. I was a bicycle racer for 13 years, track and road. Many saddle sores later there are a few fundamental items I could never overlook. Slay clean! Spend money on a good pair of shorts. If you go the above route with a cycling shorts, it will have a chamois in it, don't be scared, it is for your protection. Synthetic chamois or natural, it will help for you big mile riders. You get what you pay for. ASSOS makes some of the best products in the world and they make a cream that prevents friction and it is medicated. Ask the Tour de France riders what they use? ASSOS chamois creme. Rub it in before a looooong ride and, Bob's your uncle.

Good luck. Personally, if I aint makin turns,I aint riding.

Completely agree on the Assos gear. Have the Assos bike shorts and cream that I normally use on my road bike and used the exact same stuff under my motorcycle gear - road tested 9000 km trip Toronto to Vancouver and back this summer. Not a pain in the ass to be found.

• 6 months later...

Not really on those the seams still run through the crotch and under the butt, basically the only place a seem should be on MC underwear is on the outside of the thighs.

Not seen any yet, but who ever makes will make money.

• Member Contributer

These are the best i have ever used - they are what underarmour pretends to be. I had the original prototypes and have been using for over 7 years and work amazing - riding (street and track) or playing hockey. The silver stuff in it works - I am a sweaty bastage and these will last 5-6 days with no smell. Stuck to wash em - just rinse in sink and hang dry in no time.

http://performanceundergear.com/

Not the cheapest but like I said - last for years and take all the abuse your body can throw at em

• Member Contributer

Adidas makes dry-fit boxers that work extremely well. They are made of the kind of material that Under Armour makes.....it's a dry wicking type material. My UA stuff (long sleeve and long pant) is the same dry-fit/wicking material that most racers use under a suit to aid in getting the suit on/off.

The great part is, after a long day's ride out of town, take the UA and Adidas stuff off, run it through the sink with some soap then water only and hang it to dry. It will dry in a couple of hours and be good to go.

Penny's has them but I'm sure Amazon or somewhere online has them cheaper.

http://www.jcpenney.com/gifts/for-him/sleepwear-slippers/adidas-climacool-flex-360-boxer-briefs/prod.jump?ppId=pp5001060192&selectedSKUId=50454070117&selectedLotId=5045407&fromBag=true&cm_mmc=ShoppingFeed-_-GooglePLA-_-Boxer%20Brief-_-50454070117&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=GooglePLA&utm_campaign=Boxer%20Brief&utm_content=50454070117&cvosrc=cse.google.50454070117&cvo_cid=39874459898&kwid=productads-plaid^61865531738-sku^50454070117-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^39874459898

Archived