Motorcycle Undies

Insomniac

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

+1 for gold bond... and they sell it in those teeny tiny travel containers.

• Member Contributer

Yes, I'm serious. This is not a joke. :laughing6-hehe:

Last summer, I found out the hard way via a serious case of butt road rash about these:

gallery_611_2287_34312.jpg

Depend.jpg

Very comfy, soak up perspiration, and worst case scenario emergency backup! (insert astronaut joke here) :biggrin: Luggage room wise, they are a bit bulky but you as you use/discard them during a trip you'll gain room. They also didn't stick to my wounds nor interfere with the medical cremes I needed to apply daily. :blink:

:blush:

• Member Contributer

Yes, I'm serious. This is not a joke. :fing02:

Last summer, I found out the hard way via a serious case of butt road rash about these:

Depend.jpg

Very comfy, soak up perspiration, and worst case scenario emergency backup! (insert astronaut joke here) :bliss: Luggage room wise, they are a bit bulky but you as you use/discard them during a trip you'll gain room. They also didn't stick to my wounds nor interfere with the medical cremes I needed to apply daily. :ohmy:

Uhhhhh... I'm not going to go near those things until I reach the age when I have to. Hopefully by then I'll be all zoned out anyway and won't even care. tongue.gif

• Member Contributer

Yes, I'm serious. This is not a joke. :comp13:

Depend.jpg

Very comfy, soak up perspiration, and worst case scenario emergency backup! (insert astronaut joke here) :comp13: Luggage room wise, they are a bit bulky but you as you use/discard them during a trip you'll gain room. They also didn't stick to my wounds nor interfere with the medical cremes I needed to apply daily. :fing02:

It took me years to finally try spandex.....I'd die of gangrene before walking into the store and buying a box of Depends!

• Member Contributer

Yes, I'm serious. This is not a joke. warranty.gif

Depend.jpg

Very comfy, soak up perspiration, and worst case scenario emergency backup! (insert astronaut joke here) biggrin.gif Luggage room wise, they are a bit bulky but you as you use/discard them during a trip you'll gain room. They also didn't stick to my wounds nor interfere with the medical cremes I needed to apply daily. fing02.gif

blush.gif

It took me years to finally try spandex.....I'd die of gangrene before walking into the store and buying a box of Depends!

I hear you. I had to go into the drug store a few weeks ago and get my 93 year old dad a box. He was visiting and forgot his. I felt like a 15 year old buying condoms for the first time.

• 1 month later...

I have a couple of UA compression shorts, one with a mesh area (I think the Heat Gear). The mesh one is fantastic for riding. Also I do have a pair of bicycle shorts (canari) with gel padding but think the non padded shorts are more comfortable now.

• Member Contributer

Anybody know where else I might find some of the bamboo ones? That dobamboo.com is all sold out except for small.

Lee Parks deals in bamboo...

http://www.leeparksdesign.com/eshopprod_cat_530-65509_product_346045.RaceBase_Boxer_Briefs.htm

• Member Contributer

Spandex and 100 degree temps, I did that last week, never again

Agreed. It's like putting your junk in a rice steamer.

• Member Contributer

Yes, I'm serious. This is not a joke. :laughing6-hehe:

Depend.jpg

Very comfy, soak up perspiration, and worst case scenario emergency backup! (insert astronaut joke here) :beatdeadhorse: Luggage room wise, they are a bit bulky but you as you use/discard them during a trip you'll gain room. They also didn't stick to my wounds nor interfere with the medical cremes I needed to apply daily. :lurk:

This is in the TMI category. It is just wrong on several levels. Wounds, cremes, bulk you can discard......whew....sorry to hear about it, but the bike shorts sound really good now.

• 1 year later...

I have used some of the Under Armor Heat gear stuff and it is not bad but not worth the price premium over come competitors products. Walmart sells a similar product that if I recall is made by Champion, a number of people have spoken of good results with that. I have also tried cycling shorts and they simply are not the best choice in my opinion. They have seems in the wrong places that always seem to create hot spots and rub me the wrong way. Many also have a chamois style pad in the seat that actually absorbs and retains moisture.

I finally gave up trying different lower cost options and went to the good stuff. I bought a pair of tights and a pair of shorts from LDComfort. I have completed several 500+ mile days with much better results than anything I had tried before. As a bonus I only need two pairs on a long ride. One to wear and one to wash and dry for the next day. They can be rinsed out in the sink with mild detergent, rolled up in a towel, and wrung out nearly dry in minutes. They are a bit pricy up front but they are very high quality and they have lasted well for me. Not sure I will go back to anything else after getting these. I just bought one of their t-shirts and helmet liners for a SS1000 ride I am doing the end of next month.

• Member Contributer

The bamboo drawers are currently on sale 2/$16. Gonna give them a try.

Yup, that's a great deal. I just some. At 2 for 16$, they are even less expensive then the regular boxers I buy so I can't really go wrong.

One issue with underwear is the seams, whay cant they make all the seams on the front of the underwear and have the crotch and butt totally free of them, Make them out of a heavy energy absorbing material that breathes really well, you'd make alot of money designing these.

As for depends, I have to ask about sitting on the seems?

Last month, I went of out riding and I stuck some vasiline around the crotch area so nothing got pinched, as a move around, I came hope with Fire in my Pants. Ive never had a nuclear explosion in my pants before, I couldnt ride for a week or so it was so bad. I used every cream, and powder on the market.

I made the mistake in the beginning of thinking some sort of staff infection, so I used aintibotic ointment for the first week, BAD IDEA!!!!!!! That fueled the fire even more

Depend.jpg

• Member Contributer

They look like 1 for $16 to me. Am I missing something? But even so, that's still half price.

• Member Contributer

One issue with underwear is the seams, whay cant they make all the seams on the front of the underwear and have the crotch and butt totally free of them, Make them out of a heavy energy absorbing material that breathes really well, you'd make alot of money designing these.

As for depends, I have to ask about sitting on the seems?

Last month, I went of out riding and I stuck some vasiline around the crotch area so nothing got pinched, as a move around, I came hope with Fire in my Pants. Ive never had a nuclear explosion in my pants before, I couldnt ride for a week or so it was so bad. I used every cream, and powder on the market.

I made the mistake in the beginning of thinking some sort of staff infection, so I used aintibotic ointment for the first week, BAD IDEA!!!!!!! That fueled the fire even more

Thanks for sharing that... :biggrin:

Anyway, I haven't ridden long-distance for years, but when I did my two SS1000 (1,000mi in 24hrs) runs in Europe I was happy wearing anything underneath--so long as I didn't have to sit on seams. For me, that's all that matters; no high-tech wizardry was necessary. YMMV.

Ciao,

• 3 weeks later...

They look like 1 for $16 to me. Am I missing something? But even so, that's still half price.

Maybe... I paid $16 and got two. Taken a few rides and they seem fine, but I can't say I have noticed a huge diff. from cotton.

• 9 months later...

This is kind of a dumb question, but do you wear anything under bike shorts? I feel like if you are just wearing them as underwear they would get pretty damn gross and I would need quite a few pair if I were to take a long trip

• Member Contributer

Little update on the bamboo undies.

I personnaly have stopped wearing them off and on the bike. Within a few uses, thye had lost all elasticity which really bothers me as they are now like very loose boxer as opposed to fitted around my thighs and my package... Also, the elastic band is way too tough and tends to fold in half and actually bother/irritate me.

In retrospect, I would not recommend these but that is just my humble opinion.

Archived