Lever Skins?

Jmmymc750

• Member Contributer

Hey ya'll! I know lots of folks on this site favor the Pazzo levers and such. Being in school for a couple more years, as I was for lots of miles on my 3rd gen, I always went for the least expensive solution. Stock levers aren't bad. I do like some grip though.

I had lever skins on the 3rd gen, and found them online for the 5th. Can't wait to put them on. They are just rubber shrink wrap for the levers, but they have some grooves on there, too.

I will put up pics when done, but they are not very special looking. these are blue. But, I really like them. Just always liked how they felt with gloves and such.

Was wonderin if anybody else shared my sentiment.

Cheers.

• Member Contributer

Hey ya'll! I know lots of folks on this site favor the Pazzo levers and such. Being in school for a couple more years, as I was for lots of miles on my 3rd gen, I always went for the least expensive solution. Stock levers aren't bad. I do like some grip though.

I had lever skins on the 3rd gen, and found them online for the 5th. Can't wait to put them on. They are just rubber shrink wrap for the levers, but they have some grooves on there, too.

I will put up pics when done, but they are not very special looking. these are blue. But, I really like them. Just always liked how they felt with gloves and such.

Was wonderin if anybody else shared my sentiment.

Cheers.

I haven't tried them, but I bet they would keep the aluminum levers from staining the palms of my gloves. Maybe I should get some.

I haven't tried them, but I bet they would keep the aluminum levers from staining the palms of my gloves. Maybe I should get some.

Thats funny because I cant wait for a new set of gloves to get the brake/clutch lever stains on em. Makes them look road worthy.

• Member Contributer

For me, getting the pazzos was more about comfort than looks. Adjustment is easier, so I can click them close and have something to rest/stretch my fingers on. They just feel so much more comfortable than stock and seem to require a bit less force as well, but that may just be mental.

OK, maybe that first sentence was a bit off. Do these grips actually help the lever comfort. I wouldn't think so too much.

Pazzo changed my appreciation of the bike. loved the VFR from the beginning but now ride in all weathers. The improvement in comfort and having the adjustability was heaven for me (short fingers). Never thought about skins and my concern would be gradual rotation or slow twisting. But would be interested in seeing a pic and a review in 3, 6 and 9 months time to see how they performed. Good luck.

• Member Contributer

I had some years ago. Can't say I could really feel a change in the way the lever felt after awhile, although if you compared them back-to-back with bare levers you would definitely notice the extra grippiness with the lever skins on.

Overall, a fairly rare farkle. I'd say 1.5-of-10 on the blingometer and 1-of-10 on the functionometer.

• Member Contributer

Pazzo changed my appreciation of the bike. loved the VFR from the beginning but now ride in all weathers. The improvement in comfort and having the adjustability was heaven for me (short fingers). Never thought about skins and my concern would be gradual rotation or slow twisting. But would be interested in seeing a pic and a review in 3, 6 and 9 months time to see how they performed. Good luck.

The review for the 3rd gen was great. I rode about 60k miles with them (the bike got stolen after the last r/r frying - sure wish the VFRness was around 10 years ago!). I really liked them. i will put up some pics tomorrow after install. They dont twist or rotate at all after they dry. You have to break the lever to get them off ( I Know - the bike was recovered and had been beaten silly, one lever broken off - when it is running again, it will get new 'skins!)

• Member Contributer

Interesting. Maybe you can post the link or some pictures. As long as they aren't leather with beaded pony tails hanging down on the ends, I'll keep an open mind.

• Member Contributer

1624.JPG

The packaging looks like it was insprired by some kind of feminine hygiene product.

Which one do you use? (J/K!) rolleyes.gif

• Member Contributer

See webBikeWorld review here:

http://www.webbikewo...r4/lever-skins/

Can be purchased here:

http://www.motovatio...p?idProduct=206

At $4.99 + S&H it's almost the perfect deep recession farkle!

Those aren't the same! They look OK. But the originals can be had on ebay!

I had lever skins on the 3rd gen, and found them online for the 5th. They are just rubber shrink wrap for the levers, but they have some grooves on there, too.

Was wondering if anybody else shared my sentiment.

Cheers.

I used the original "lever skins" for several years sport-touring on my Suzy Katana 1100.

They were pretty easy to install, using an air-gun. If you don't have an air-gun you might try water.

I thought they were great and I might try them again on my VFR.