Stolen VFR

redneck7769

• Member Contributer

OK I'm not sure that i am putting this in the right place but i just found this on Craigslist. Please check out the ad for a stolen VFR in southern California and lets see if the great VFRD can help one more VFR owner.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/1497932630.html

• Member Contributer

LAKE ELSINORE has a huge meth problem. In the mid 90's I lived in Canyon Lake about 5 miles from there and it is bad. I am to far away to be of any help but I do know the area well. I hope they catch the dirty thieves but in that town you are asking for trouble putting your address up for people.

I know it's difficult but just call the insurance company and collect the check. God, I'd feel violated and want Justice too, but from the outside looking in the best thing is to just move on.

On a side note when I first read the posting I smelled fish, what does your financial hardship have to do with your bike being stolen?, and how bad off are you if you drive an SUV and have a dune buggy? At first I was thinking these people are angling for somebody to dole out some cash, then I thought that's just the skeptic in me and I'd feel really bad if I was wrong. I don't know what to think but if I see the bike in Ohio I'll be sure to let them know.

(note to self: remove rear wheel and place under pillow every night)

• Member Contributer

so why are they posting their phone number,vin,license tag if their so worried about thieves?

it's already been stolen... :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I know it's difficult but just call the insurance company and collect the check. God, I'd feel violated and want Justice too, but from the outside looking in the best thing is to just move on.

On a side note when I first read the posting I smelled fish, what does your financial hardship have to do with your bike being stolen?, and how bad off are you if you drive an SUV and have a dune buggy? At first I was thinking these people are angling for somebody to dole out some cash, then I thought that's just the skeptic in me and I'd feel really bad if I was wrong. I don't know what to think but if I see the bike in Ohio I'll be sure to let them know.

Maybe they didn't have comprehensive coverage.

• Member Contributer

OK, this is about the only thing I agree with as far as laws in some parts of the Mid-East; you steal somebody's property, you lose a hand. The recidivism rate would drop through the floor. I hate mother f*cking thieves with a burning passion!

OK, this is about the only thing I agree with as far as laws in some parts of the Mid-East; you steal somebody's property, you lose a hand. The recidivism rate would drop through the floor. I hate mother f*cking thieves with a burning passion!

HI knife............how are you?

Maybe they didn't have comprehensive coverage.

“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.”

-Will Rogers

I guess they just Pee-ed on a $5000 fence.

forgive my smugness, but I'm the guy that always gets full coverage, bought my house with a fixed interest loan, and never qualifies for government bailout programs that my tax dollars pay for because I chose to make the responsible decisions in the first place. When my bike gets stolen I'll be out $250 bucks because I pay $500 extra a year in insurance. Man if I didn't have that insurance I could be riding around on a dune buggy right now, damn my responsible habits!!

They say that system works really well over there. Would never work over here though. We would rather spend 1 million dollars per thief trying to rehabilitate them. :biggrin:

Lets not start of on some political rant guys! :biggrin:

Keep it on topic please!

Also why are some of you KICKING the guy when he's down, that's not Right! :goofy:

redneck,

Sorry for the loss of your VFR, good luck with it all!

BR

Lets not start of on some political rant guys! :goofy:

Keep it on topic please!

BR

OOPS...dam#%it Marty :biggrin: Sorry, been receiving too many anti-Obama emails lately and it has infiltrated and corrupted my normal working brain cells. :goofy:

• Member Contributer

HI knife............how are you?

I'm feeling a little better, thank you, now that I've got that out of my system.goofy.gif

• Member Contributer

Lets not start of on some political rant guys! :biggrin:

Keep it on topic please!

Also why are some of you KICKING the guy when he's down, that's not Right! :fing02:

Seriously. I mean, this is a request for help in locating a stolen VFR. Perhaps the CL poster isn't fully savvy to safer posting practices by putting their home address in the originating ad that caused this mess, but why else would they post the VIN to identify a stolen VFR? They want their bike back.

I see this as a legitimate request for helping locate a stolen bike in So Cal.. Thanks for posting, Redneck. I'm hoping that these people get their VFR back.

so why are they posting their phone number,vin,license tag if their so worried about thieves?

it's already been stolen... :biggrin:

thanks i know that but you can get lots of info on people with those pieces of information.i guess im the only one who knows this.

They say that system works really well over there. Would never work over here though. We would rather spend 1 million dollars per thief trying to rehabilitate them. :biggrin:

I wonder what would be more effective removing the gas hand or the throttle hand?

I wonder what would be more effective removing the gas hand or the throttle hand?

screw the hands, take a leg. ever see a one legged person try to move a motorcycle? Plus when you catch them in the act they can't run away, which makes it easy to cut off the other leg.

Archived