Staintune not all that?

VFRBenny

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, timmythecop said:

A bit off topic, but my RC51 came with Staintunes fitted.  Sounds groovy but they are kinda big.  My point was, I have never seen or heard of another RC51 with Staintunes.  Its strange.

1009368_10201353100009213_456800966_o.jp

That has to sound incredible.  Very smexy too

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting old thread, its funny how these get brought back to life!

Speaking from experience,  my '07 RWB fitted with Leos and my Gen 5.5 hybrid fitted with undertail Gen 6 Staintunes, and finding both used at a fair price, I would honestly say that there is no comparison. The Staintunes on the 5.5 sound far throatier and really highlight the V4.  The Leos are nice dont get me wrong, but dollar for dollar the Staintunes sound better IMHO.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of that throat is because of all the valves being open all the time. Sixth gens are much quieter until VTEC. Also not sure if your fifth gen is catless or not too, but that makes a big difference as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
Just now, CandyRedRC46 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if most of that throat is because of all the valves being open all the time. Sixth gens are much quieter until VTEC. Also not sure if your fifth gen is catless or not too, but that makes a big difference as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Even when the VTEC kicks in, the Leos still don't sound as throaty as the Staintunes.  Both of my 5th gens are cat-less.

2 hours ago, deltaboxii said:

Even when the VTEC kicks in, the Leos still don't sound as throaty as the Staintunes.  Both of my 5th gens are cat-less.

Fair enough. It was just a thought.

14 hours ago, RC51Nick said:

I've had a Staintune on my 90 since back in the days of the VFR list got Staintune to make them ( I think it was around 95 or 96).  Love the pipe and the sound.  Had to get a set for the 07 RWB.  I wouldn't have any other pipe on a VFR.

Are you still on the big list? It still exists... not so big these days of course. It's a Googlegroup, and there's a surprising number of old school members on it. I've been more or less a continual member since 1998.

• Member Contributer
5 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Are you still on the big list? It still exists... not so big these days of course. It's a Googlegroup, and there's a surprising number of old school members on it. I've been more or less a continual member since 1998.

That must be about the same time you started working on your VFR?  :wink:

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

He pokes his head in on the not so big list every now and then.  Still a bunch of curmudgeons who ride together every now and then.  I'm only a 2001 member...

Matt

Haymarket, VA

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

I still get emails from them every now and then.  Haven't posted anything on there in years.  

Archived