Pazzo

Guest thedrunknmastr

Guest thedrunknmastr

Which do you prefer and why?

Short levers seem to be the "in" thing however after doing my first long trip (30 hrs in a weekend of hill country) and shifting continusously through the twisties I found my left hand's fingers were killing me (getting arthritis). Would either make a diff? Long or short? Short do look sexy.... if you got any pics, particularly with hand placement on the lever that'd be cool to see!

• Member Contributer

I got short ones and it did take a while to get used to. Esp. the clutch side.

Some people buy a shorty right and regular left.

+1.gif+1.gif+1.gif

Sorry, no pics. I have short fat hands, so the brake allows me to keep two fingers on it if I want.

The long clutch allows me to use the 'full' hand to pull in and release. The extra leverage helps with the effort required...... :comp13:

I have Pazzos available if you're interested. PM me. :warranty:

Greg :fing02:

• Member Contributer

It's a preference thing. I went with long ones on my 4th gen. Found the 4th gen stockers to be pretty uncomfortable to use in the long run. I like the longs cause I can just click them all the way to the grips and have something to stretch my fingers on.

• Member Contributer

I have the long Pazzo's on both of my bikes.

Did anyone else find that the Pazzo clutch lever is still a bit of a reach on the closest setting??

Yep, I think I only have one adjustment left to the close side.

• Member Contributer

I was really concerned about the short clutch lever because my commute used to be stop and go traffic up the FDR.

While I found it far more comfortable to use two fingers only, instead of my whole hand, I still found far less fatigue in my hand with the short lever. It seems to require a lot less force to pull in.

YMMV

• Member Contributer

I had hummmed and houuuuddd over long and short...

After trying out the two on friends bike it was a no brainer..

I went and bought shorties and the first 2 or 3 rides i was afraid my hands were going to slip of the levers.

Since then i have not regretted the switch at all and think the levers really saved my but on our 6000 km trip this summer.

But to each there own.

• Member Contributer

I was really concerned about the short clutch lever because my commute used to be stop and go traffic up the FDR.

While I found it far more comfortable to use two fingers only, instead of my whole hand, I still found far less fatigue in my hand with the short lever. It seems to require a lot less force to pull in.

YMMV

You don't 'stop and go' on FDR. You squeeeeeze and go :warranty:

Of course this advise is coming from me, so take it with a grain of salt :comp13:

Guest thedrunknmastr

Thanks for the response guys, although clearly its a personal preference. It seems most people go short and from a few other boards I'm on most who get long wish they get short however I just can't imagine clutching with 2 fingers, I'd think it'd be more fatiguing....I dunno sad.gif

...however I just can't imagine clutching with 2 fingers, I'd think it'd be more fatiguing....I dunno sad.gif

+1. I usually keep the bike in 1st gear while waiting at stoplights. With a shorty clutch lever, at longer lights I think my first two fingers would get tired from holding the clutch in. That's the biggest reason I went with the standard length levers.

• Member Contributer

YMMV

You don't 'stop and go' on FDR. You squeeeeeze and go :warranty:

Of course this advise is coming from me, so take it with a grain of salt :comp13:

True, true. You have to start somewhere and I find that it still requires a lot of clutching. I don't just go screaming through like some people I have seen.

It does seem counter-intuitive, but even two fingers on the clutch feels like less effort that than a whole hand on the stock clutch

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the response guys, although clearly its a personal preference. It seems most people go short and from a few other boards I'm on most who get long wish they get short however I just can't imagine clutching with 2 fingers, I'd think it'd be more fatiguing....I dunno sad.gif

Actually, in my case it is 3 fingers. Only the pinky hangs off.

Gosh, I hope we're sill talking about levers :comp13: :warranty:

• Member Contributer

Actually, in my case it is 3 fingers. Only the pinky hangs off.

Gosh, I hope we're sill talking about levers :laugh: :biggrin:

:laugh:

:laugh:

Yes, definitely, 3 or 2 finger clutch for a couple years now with the shorty pazzo's and I'll never go back to a long lever.

• Member Contributer

shorties... I have 'em and love them... never bought a custom lever before. they are nice.

I used to cut the ends off my levers, sand them down to smooth, then dremel grooves into the levers for comfort. I still may do this smile.gif I do like the shorter levers.. as for the lights... I always prep for my stops, and use 3 fingers. It's just something you get used to doing...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

my only regret was not yet having my pazzo shorties on the bike for my first track day............having been a truck driver most of my life, the clutch is only used for starting and stopping. so then why would your hand get tired? its like the handlebar issue. you buy a sportbike and your arms and back are killing you. you keep riding and practicing skills and pretty soon you want LOWER bars to help you get down low and faster. shorties :comp13:

• Member Contributer

I just have not been willing to spend the money for new levers yet. I will definitely go shorty when I do, as I never use more than 2 fingers on either side.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally fitted them on mine after the originals were bent when it was vandalised. Went with all black Shorty ones, they look good and as i have short fingers they are ideal. With a simple flick of 2 fingers the gear change is smooth. Wish i had done it years ago now. They are the way of the future.