New Rearset

JHKolb

• Member Contributer

My friendly Big Brown Truck driver delivered me a present (from myself) today so I wanted to share!

gallery_12385_3425_1095745.jpg

gallery_12385_3425_716168.jpg

gallery_12385_3425_865726.jpg

gallery_12385_3425_584024.jpg

I had been wanting to do the beg conversion on my '07 RWB to drop my pegs a bit but just have not gotten around to it.

These rearsets are manufactured by Sato Racing in Japan and distributed by Kyle Racing in California. Someone had posted a link to these here on VFRD in another thread someplace so I emailed them in Japan on Thursday (10/15) about availability and information. They got back to me within an hour and said they were out of stock in Japan but their California distributor had some and they gave me their contact info. So, I gave them a call, got a human right away (no stupid voice mail maze to navigate - Nice!), checked on availability of a set in Black, they offered me a straight up discount on the web price and threw in free shipping - sold!

The machine work on these is top notch, finish looks extremely well done also. The mounting plate has multiple holes for alot of adjustment in the foot pegs and the arms also have multiple holes for the shift/brake pegs.

I hope to get them installed and try them out this weekend :fing02:

• Member Contributer
Oh mama!

Yea, I thought the same thing but figured what the heck - no sense saving it for a down payment on a VFR1200, might as well make the RWB a wee bit more comfy, AND they look darn cool!

Now I need to save some coin and do some suspension work, the OEM setup just kinda sux and I will likely need a shop to do that work. I can do the rearset myself this weekend and enjoy it before winter really set in.

Edited by JHKolb

Congrats! Those look sweet. smile.gif

I have a few question tho...

-I thought rearsets usually moved pegs up and back. Do these move the pegs in all directions?

-Are you going to feel more vibrations without rubber inserts on the pegs?

-Is there much weight savings with these vs. the stockers?

-I thought rearsets usually moved pegs up and back. Do these move the pegs in all directions?

I am guessing...

They look fully adjustable in all directions

Not noticeably more, at least for the 1" drop pegs I fitted to my bike (but for only $75)

I am betting they weigh more, but not enough to make a difference....don't eat that whopper for lunch and it will be even

I am guessing...

They look fully adjustable in all directions

Not noticeably more, at least for the 1" drop pegs I fitted to my bike (but for only $75)

I am betting they weigh more, but not enough to make a difference....don't eat that whopper for lunch and it will be even

They weigh less than the stock arrangement, I weighed mine to compare.

Guest LostCosmonaut

I want those so badly, in gold. It's too bad they are so expensive, someone needs to make a cheaper rearset option for our bikes (especially the 5th gen! :fing02: )

- Patrick

• Member Contributer
Very nice! I remember them being pretty expensive, would you mind sharing your cost with us?

They were $510 shipped.

Do you realize how many wine bottles that represents?!?!? :fing02: :blush:

nice set though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Got them all installed now and somewhat adjusted. Only have 2 short commutes on them at this point but so far I like them. They seem to give a much better platform for my feet than the OEM pegs and I have them adjusted about 1" lower and a bit rearward than stock. I was also able to open the gap between the foot peg and shifter to fit my feet a little better.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=42540

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=42539

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=42538

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=42537

Guest Pete McCrary

Did it feel like you were more "connected" to the bike? I put solid mounted pegs on one of my other bikes and I really like the feel. You get a lot more feedback from the bike through you feet and legs.

For all you racer types out there: Do any of the track day sanctioning organizations have a problem with solid mounted pegs? I know at one time WERA rules required folding pegs. Supposedly somebody, sometime in the distant past put a footpeg through their calf muscle when they went down.

• Member Contributer

For all you racer types out there: Do any of the track day sanctioning organizations have a problem with solid mounted pegs? I know at one time WERA rules required folding pegs. Supposedly somebody, sometime in the distant past put a footpeg through their calf muscle when they went down.

I haven't checked the rule book, but I would say no. Don't see too many bikes without solid rear sets, and those are running stock parts.

I haven't checked the rule book, but I would say no. Don't see too many bikes without solid rear sets, and those are running stock parts.

I put a folding footpeg in my calf once. :biggrin: :dry: So a rule for that requirement may or may not be a moot point...

I love how the Sato sets here add adjustment to the shift lever, that's nice!! Always wanted to adjust mine a bit.