Hossackviffer Mkii

redmarque

• Member Contributer

I wonder,

Do you plan on going around a 15 ft radius turn at 35 mph or 75....... the forces between the two are drastically different.

Maybe somewhere in between?

• Member Contributer

Jamie.... :laugh:

Sometimes the 'Mate' proccess in SW can be a pain.. (or more likely my understanding of it)

Designed/added the steering linkage; it's now put the ball joint/fork position out of place. :cool:

slinkage.jpg

Will need to add some 2mm stiffening plates to the arms. pivots; using M8 rodends

Do you guy's think it's worth perchasing radial calipers to use with the 296mm braking wavy discs, or should I continue with the conventional yamaha blue spot ones I had before? bear in mind the master cylinder is 2005 R6 brembo radial model.

• Member Contributer

Here's the new bench I've made for the new build.. nice and flat. Top is 5mm thick rolled steel.

note the giant t-square used to re-measure the engine with.

newbench.jpg

Edited by redmarque

• Member Contributer
Good work on the bench. Have you thought of building a motor stand and tacking it directly to the table? Would make wrenching easier!

Kinda.. i made this stand so that the exhaust could stay on and everything would be level. even has a cut-out for the drain plug

motorstand.jpg

When i've stripped the old frame i'll put it on the scales and let you know. I remember weighing it before, but without the stearing assembly attached to the frame; it was about the same as stock IIRC. New frame 'should' be bit lighter.

• Member Contributer
I wonder,

Do you plan on going around a 15 ft radius turn at 35 mph or 75....... the forces between the two are drastically different.

15ft? that's a pretty tight turn to be doing at 35mph? but understand what you mean I think! Can you analyze an assembly of parts with solidworks?

• Member Contributer

OK! things that really fried my noodle on MK1 were the rear engine mounts! Mr Honda decided that they should be of different heights and not in line with each other. :laugh:

Solution: keep the frame symetrical and use mounting plates to to allow for the difference. Note the left offset of the rear shock top mount- single sided swingarms though looking good cause headaches!

rearmount.jpg

• Member Contributer

Designed the rear subframe... single seater only this time. next which seat unit should I use? Seen some nice one's by tyga for a NC30

subframe.jpg

Edited by redmarque

Designed the rear subframe... single seater only this time. next which seat unit should I use? Seen some nice one's by tyga for a NC30

subframe.jpg

More steel tube for the subframe? meh... how about bolting on an ally unit or bending one from ally sheet? I can help with that! I have software just for bending! :blink:

• Member Contributer
More steel tube for the subframe? meh... how about bolting on an ally unit or bending one from ally sheet? I can help with that! I have software just for bending! :blush:

Ok 6061 ally tube one it is then! better brush up my tig skills. :fing02:

More steel tube for the subframe? meh... how about bolting on an ally unit or bending one from ally sheet? I can help with that! I have software just for bending! :cool:

Ok 6061 ally tube one it is then! better brush up my tig skills. :blush:

Aluminum's easy once you get the hang of it. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Couple of small updates.

purchased a set of 04-06 R1 Raidal Calipers. I'll need to modify the hossack fork design to fit these! :offtopic:

r1radial.jpg

measured/added the Ducati 748/916 Radiator to the model. Packaging packaging!

radadd.jpg

• Member Contributer
I wonder,

15ft? that's a pretty tight turn to be doing at 35mph? but understand what you mean I think! Can you analyze an assembly of parts with solidworks?

I can analyze assemblies.

• Member Contributer

Can you analyze an assembly of parts with solidworks?

I can analyze assemblies.

Excellent! once i've added more detail i'll PM you to discuss 'virtual' breakage :comp13:

• Member Contributer

Any concerns about debris getting kicked up with that radiator being so low?

Yes.. I'd like a more V -shaped radiator but have yet to find an suitable rad from another bike that would fit the space.

Could always add a mesh guard over it though?

Any concerns about debris getting kicked up with that radiator being so low?

Yes.. I'd like a more V -shaped radiator but have yet to find an suitable rad from another bike that would fit the space.

Could always add a mesh guard over it though?

How about two VTEC rads? (slightly larger than 5th gen) Right side up front(has fill neck), left side under the tail with a computer fan?

You could add a contour to the right rad by bending it in a wooden jig in a vise; someone here did that with an oil cooler... might fit under the lower triple that way? Connect with aluminum tubing to dissipate heat?

• Member Contributer

How about two VTEC rads? (slightly larger than 5th gen) Right side up front(has fill neck), left side under the tail with a computer fan?

You could add a contour to the right rad by bending it in a wooden jig in a vise; someone here did that with an oil cooler... might fit under the lower triple that way? Connect with aluminum tubing to dissipate heat?

Sounds promising.. a bit like a benelli tornado with under seat mount rad and fans?

benqrtrrr.jpg

Or.. how about a couple of ktm 640/superduke side ones? mounted at a slight top tipped over and inwards? could add a small rad under the seat too for extra cooling like you say?

640rads.jpg

Nothin wrong with a little junk in the trunk... :comp13: The db rads would likely be too small on their own, a third might make a feasible system, dunno for sure though.

Edit... If you have a large conventional front mount rad laying around of the correct width, you could cut it down between rows to reduce its height,and pipe it down to a dirtbike or VFR side mount rad, similar to the VF750 setup:

Horrible MS Paint...

radsetup.jpg

VF:

machine01.jpg

843603923_67a4b1828f.jpg?v=0