4th Gen Streetfighter Completed

Guest GAZMAN

SUPER SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Very very nice build, is that the GSXR headlight too?

One correction, if it's a 93 it the last year of the 3rd Gen VFR. :lurk:

I have the same forks to use as the 06-07 gsxr forks are fairly long which make them a good mod choice and stock they work very well! :fing02:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Contributer

I say you nailed it. Looks as good as a Bimoto almost. Bike flows very well. Some of the part interfaces aren't perfect but mixing and matching you got it very close to perfect.

Your link does not work... would like to see your build pictures, but one must be a member to see your story.

Try this Seb (frokm one of GAZMANs repeats of this topic :biggrin: )

http://streetfighterspain.es/foro/viewtopic.php?t=93

The Puig mirrors must go. Pedrosa's sugar daddy is evil as is little Danni. Of course, you know, they are very close and fond of one another. Como maricons.

Different Puig... no relation whatsoever.

Wow, as someone who did a 3rd gen (1993 pearl white) I can really appreciate the work it took to clean up all that wiring and plumbing in the front... not to mention the subframe and mechanical mods. Very VERY nicely done, congratulations.

Steve

• Member Contributer

WOW!! I´m impressed :blink:

Just been through your build on your home site. Didn´t understand a word but the quest for pictures kept me going, through the entire 45 pages :blink:

Like your solution for the coolant overflow bottle, simple but smart.

You lads really like the Smiley´s :mad: :dry: tongue.gif

Real nice.

Bren

Edited by Bren

Very nice, good job with the subframe and integrating the tail into the tank. Is the 916 rim a 6 or 5.5 inch rim?

the 916 rim is 5.5" but it mount a 190/55 tyre awesome, if I want to put a 200 or 210 tyre i had to mount a car rim smile.gif but its not too difficult

Congrats, super nice job. How does the new front end affect the handling?

Inotice the fornt end very accurate and light at the same time, the bike handles like a demon and the braking is so effective smile.gif

Wow! Beautiful job.Ya Honda,take note.A V-4 would have been a much better choice for a motor in my CB 919.The RC-45 ish graphics are cool,but I would love a simple Ferrari red or satin(Asphalt) black

What's your guesstamit of investment?,if you don't mind me asking.

The total investment counting the bike paint..... is around 6000 euro - 8000 usd

SUPER SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fing02:

Very very nice build, is that the GSXR headlight too? GSXR 1000K5 HEADLIGHT smile.gif

One correction, if it's a 93 it the last year of the 3rd Gen VFR. :blush:

I have the same forks to use as the 06-07 gsxr forks are fairly long which make them a good mod choice and stock they work very well! :fing02: YEAH THIS FORKS REALLY ROOLZ!!

Got some more details/pics of the steering stem modification?
TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW AND I CAN EXPLAIN YOU smile.gif

What did you modify to make it work in the VFR frame? Was it too short/long?

the lenght of the steering stem was ok I only had to machine the upper bearing zone and the threads to match honda ones, then you only have to put a collar on the upper triple tree to match the difference of diametres and you are done:)

What did you modify to make it work in the VFR frame? Was it too short/long?

the lenght of the steering stem was ok I only had to machine the upper bearing zone and the threads to match honda ones, then you only have to put a collar on the upper triple tree to match the difference of diametres and you are done:)

I'm not familiar with the 3 gen stem set-up, but I've had a set of 07 gsxr 600 forks sitting here for some time as they look to be a great 6th gen swap. They are the longest of any GSXR fork(close to rc51 range) 28 7/8"(733mm) and seem to use the same lower tree stem bearing as the Honda and as you found the stem seems to be a usable length. I was hoping to just find a upper bearing with the Honda O.D. & GSXR I.D.. :blush: