Exhaust Leak

ADAM79

• Member Contributer

Installed Leo Vince exhaust on my 06 vfr and cant seem to get rid of this little exhaust leak where the mid pipe and catalytic converter meet up. Can I use some sort of liquid gasket? I also get some popping when I let off the throttle to upshift. Im guessing that the popping is from the leak, or does this happen when you remove the baffles?

Installed Leo Vince exhaust on my 06 vfr and cant seem to get rid of this little exhaust leak where the mid pipe and catalytic converter meet up. Can I use some sort of liquid gasket? I also get some popping when I let off the throttle to upshift. Im guessing that the popping is from the leak, or does this happen when you remove the baffles?

Did you pull the collar gasket out of your original exhaust? That's where I found mine when I removed it, but my Lasers were so snug that I didn't need it to make a tight fit at the headers.

I think your popping sounds might be from the Vinces leaning things out a bit, but just my opinion.

Greg :mellow:

• Member Contributer

Did you pull the collar gasket out of your original exhaust? That's where I found mine when I removed it, but my Lasers were so snug that I didn't need it to make a tight fit at the headers.

I think your popping sounds might be from the Vinces leaning things out a bit, but just my opinion.

Greg :mellow:

Didnt pull out the gasket? Guess I will go take a look.

• Member Contributer

Can't speak to the gasket, my Leo Vince pipe was already installed when I bought the bike.

I can say that I have never had any popping, with or without the Power Commander - or with or without the baffles.

Good Luck!

• Member Contributer
Can't speak to the gasket, my Leo Vince pipe was already installed when I bought the bike.

I can say that I have never had any popping, with or without the Power Commander - or with or without the baffles.

Good Luck!

• 4 years later...

Hey Adam, did you ever figure this one out? I just installed my new set of LV's tonight, but I've also got a small leak down where the mid-pipe meets the cat.

There was a significant leak at first, but I adjusted the clamp position, and got rid of most of the leak. I can still feel a bit of air down there, though.

• Member Contributer

use a soda can tin ...as a gasket ...works best

:1:

did that in Berlin in 1984 , making sure the East German border guards would not pull our clapped out Ford Taunus from the queue....

We did however use beer cans.....

Note the "carefully" applied and painted glasfibre to fill the gaping holes around the headlights!

post-8974-0-51161600-1385722396.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Pop can is a great idea - I was thinking of just some kind of exhaust tape, it's about a 1cm x 1cm gap or so. I figure some tape/pop can tin under the clamp would do the trick.

• 3 weeks later...

Pop can is cool.

If you want to take the 'official' route, exhaust gaskets aren't very complicated.

Or expensive.

I just installed a Delkevic system, and need one for the muffler.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-YAMAHA-KAWASAKI-SUZUKI-Fiber-Crush-Muffler-Exhaust-Gasket-69x61-5x36mm-/191019326586?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c79a39c7a&vxp=mtr

Not sure if that's the right size. Take a measurement..

Archived