Can Short People Get A Knee Down?

tyrroneous

• Member Contributer

I would like to personally thank everyone who has made a positive contribution to this thread.

Sorry it got out of hand.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer
I would like to personally thank everyone who has made a positive contribution to this thread.

If you consider me one of those then you are very welcome :angry: and thank you :fing02:

Here are a few more track pics.. Im new to dragging a knee mysself so please excuse the bad form but I think they do good for showing the foot position described in this thread.. I also have a 36" inseam (not short) so I only need to get my arse half off the seat and not look like a monkey on a GYM set

k7992.jpg

k7993.jpg

k7994.jpg

k7933.jpg

Wow.....this does seem to be a touchy subject; althought I cannot understand why! Let me say the priciples behind good track riding are useful on the street. If you can obtain a greater lean angle to avoid hazards or to make cleaner lines, why would you not want to do that? It just seems like common sense to me. Otherwise we would all ride with our elbows locked and looking cool like Ponch and Jon!

• Member Contributer

If you consider me one of those then you are very welcome :cool: and thank you :biggrin:

Clearly...

Brown81 has it right IMO, this seems to have devolved from a short guy who was asking about doing at track day on a vfr and getting his knee down to actual riding technique. There seem to be quite a few of you who like to ride like morons on the street and think you actually know how to ride. I was once a dumb dumb who rode like das bone on the street dragging my knee etc. I was a moron for doing it the three or four times I actually rode "fast" on the street. I find it laughable how they brag about their "skill level" and have there friends post about how fast they ride and how hard they are to keep up with etc. You're no different then a squid in a t-shirt doing stop light racing drunk on a Friday night. You are just as likely to side swipe or have a head on with a family in a minivan with your so called "skill" as a drunk driver is. I guess I'm old or something but I have zero respect for people who ride like that on the street.

• Member Contributer
Brown81 has it right IMO, this seems to have devolved from a short guy who was asking about doing at track day on a vfr and getting his knee down to actual riding technique. There seem to be quite a few of you who like to ride like morons on the street and think you actually know how to ride. I was once a dumb dumb who rode like das bone on the street dragging my knee etc. I was a moron for doing it the three or four times I actually rode "fast" on the street. I find it laughable how they brag about their "skill level" and have there friends post about how fast they ride and how hard they are to keep up with etc. You're no different then a squid in a t-shirt doing stop light racing drunk on a Friday night. You are just as likely to side swipe or have a head on with a family in a minivan with your so called "skill" as a drunk driver is. I guess I'm old or something but I have zero respect for people who ride like that on the street.

Wow :biggrin:

• Member Contributer
You are just as likely to side swipe or have a head on with a family in a minivan with your so called "skill" as a drunk driver is.

That's just fucking stupid.

Archived