Need New Levers

dasvfr97

Unless you have allot of disposable income I would spend the money more wisely.If you are rolled the pazzos are nice.

I understand that they do reduce physical effort at the lever (even the shorties), which is what the OP is looking for.

However, before you do spring for them, service the whole clutch actuation system, it makes quite a difference. Drain fluid, clean out master cylinder, clean and grease lever and plunger. Then do the same down the bottom - clean out slave cylinder (a rebuild kit is availabile with new seals etc.), pull out actuating rod that goes through motor, clean and grease it. For good measure, reassemble it with a braided clutch line, as you're losing some of your lever effort through expansion of the OEM clutch line just like with brakes. Bleed the system carefully, a few times.

The other thing you might want to do is work on technique. You only need to pull the lever in 1-2 thirds of the way to make a clean shift, try that - and 'preload' the shift lever, this is usually done to avoid missing a gear, but once you are familiar with it your shifts are much faster - you can get your clutching down to a quick flick rather than a pull/release. To preload the shifter, just apply some upward pressure to it just before you make the shift, so there is a bit of tension on it. It's complicated to get right for a while, but remember you're already performing complicated tasks, synchronising different actions of all four hands and feet - you just need to practise till you've slotted it into the process.

Unless you have allot of disposable income I would spend the money more wisely.If you are rolled the pazzos are nice.

I understand that they do reduce physical effort at the lever (even the shorties), which is what the OP is looking for.

However, before you do spring for them, service the whole clutch actuation system, it makes quite a difference. Drain fluid, clean out master cylinder, clean and grease lever and plunger. Then do the same down the bottom - clean out slave cylinder (a rebuild kit is availabile with new seals etc.), pull out actuating rod that goes through motor, clean and grease it. For good measure, reassemble it with a braided clutch line, as you're losing some of your lever effort through expansion of the OEM clutch line just like with brakes. Bleed the system carefully, a few times.

The other thing you might want to do is work on technique. You only need to pull the lever in 1-2 thirds of the way to make a clean shift, try that - and 'preload' the shift lever, this is usually done to avoid missing a gear, but once you are familiar with it your shifts are much faster - you can get your clutching down to a quick flick rather than a pull/release. To preload the shifter, just apply some upward pressure to it just before you make the shift, so there is a bit of tension on it. It's complicated to get right for a while, but remember you're already performing complicated tasks, synchronising different actions of all four hands and feet - you just need to practise till you've slotted it into the process.

:laugh: The Phantom knows

• Member Contributer
Check out superbikestore.net for a good deal on Pazzos.

I believe the Pashnit site still offers them also. That's where I got mine a while back. Offered free engraving at the time.