The Rcbvfr Is Toast

FotoMoto

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Contributer

Just to echo, and restate:

Glad that you walked away. Good luck on the rebuild. It was one of the most interesting bikes on the board.

Mac

• Member Contributer
Just to echo, and restate:

Glad that you walked away. Good luck on the rebuild. It was one of the most interesting bikes on the board.

Mac

:ohmy: So sorry to hear. Glad it wasn't worse...

• Member Contributer

Yikes! Glad to hear you're okay. I was very impressed by your RCBVFR and look forward to seeing your next project here. On a selfish note, please base it on the 4th gen VFR.

"100% pit crew's fault"

Doug, give me this guys name and I'll come down there and kick his azz for yah!!! :dry:

:blush: :biggrin: :laugh:

Do you want to ride bitch with me at the Summit? :ohmy:

Hopefully your laughing! wink.gif

BR

• Member Contributer

Really loved the work you had put into your bike. Extremely thankful that you are ok and will be able to make better those little things from the initial build that although un-noticed by others always seem to nag at the builder. :ohmy:

May I recommend a 5th or 6th gen fuel injection set up to facilitate a ToroCharger? :biggrin: You had the looks down pat...

Oh yeah, like everyone else has said,

Your okay (or soon will be), that is what matters.

The bike can be rebuilt or replaced, but you cannot.

Get well, then get back to fixing it up.

But do the brake hoses right this time okay???

• Member Contributer

It sounds like you got the absolute minimum injury possible from a crash that nasty. Hopefully some people will read this post and double check some of their mods for potential safety issues. Who knows, you may have saved a life with this post.

Feel better soon.

• Member Contributer

cassandtim just told me about the mishap last night. Pop your head out of the garage for a minute and let us know you're still recovering well, would ya? I hope to see you at the meet, even without your "hot date". :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Oh shit man, that sucks, after all the hard work you put into that bike. hope you can rebuild it and somehow find a way to the summit meet too. But as everyone else has said, the most important thing by far is that you are still around to rebuild it. Yeah, go buy that lottery ticket. smile.gif

i just saw this and haven't read the entire thread....sorry to hear about the "off". glad you are "ok" in general.

i have really enjoyed reading about this bike over the years and know you had a lot vested in it. i hope you can rebuild her.

• Member Contributer

Like everyone else glad that you are OK. After having a highspeed get off take your time to getting back to it. It is great to be alive but don't let it change you. Enjoy rebuilding and heal quickly.

vince

Dood!!! Fire that pit crew, or swap with Colin Edwards, I hear he's open to that kind of stuff. Not only did you say you pulled a high-side ala Lorenzo, you also walked away, ala Lorenzo, so there may be something there new R-1 perhaps in your future??? Glad to hear that you're ok, all goofiness aside, take time with the healing, and make sure that you're back to 100% before you start again, or we'll have to start calling you John Hopkins the 2nd....

• Member Contributer

It made me sick to hear that you went down. First, I hate to hear that someone went down. Second, I really wanted to see one of of the best looking bikes out there. But it is great that you were able to walk away. I can't wait to see what you will build this time. (I was so looking forward to seeing the bike that got me to build my bike, I hope you can still make it to SS)

Travis

Awww Dude, that is a major bummer. :angry:

I was really looking forward to having a sit on your FrankenViffer in Dillon. :mellow:

Hopefully the frame/forks/wheels are still straight and you can ressurrect it relatively soon.

Amd glad to hear you still have all your appendages attached in the correct locations. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

WOW folks, just WOW. A collective thanks to VFRd. :mellow: Obviously, there's no way to sincerely respond to every post but THANK YOU everyone! Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I've been chillin' and using a keyboard with bruised fingers is not fun. I dictated the OP to my wife but the fingers and wrists are way more better now.

Yes, the RCBVFR will be a force again. Damage is bad but not that bad and it could be back on the road for less than $500/used prices but obviously I don't have the time to do it before the summer summit. Speaking of which, I do still plan to attend. Plan B is afoot. :biggrin: