Hi-beam Ind. Dimmer

carlgustav

Hey folks,

A couple of times while riding distance at night now I've been highly annoyed by the extremely bright hi-beam indicator on my 6th gen. Has anyone added a dimmer for this indicator, other than tape over it :^)?

TIA,

Anders

Hey folks,

A couple of times while riding distance at night now I've been highly annoyed by the extremely bright hi-beam indicator on my 6th gen. Has anyone added a dimmer for this indicator, other than tape over it :^)?

TIA,

Anders

I went to see Scott at Blueguages.com for the same reason. Coupled with the reflection off the windscreen, it's distracting at the least. My brother, who flies, said the best color is red or orange so I went with that for the overall guage color.

Then I changed out the blue for high beam to violet.

I only had this picture without the high beam light on.

DSCF1899.jpg

Greg :offtopic:

What about a small piece of window tint, which will dim the light shining through? I am sure any window tinting place can give you a 1" square piece that will do it.

What about a small piece of window tint, which will dim the light shining through? I am sure any window tinting place can give you a 1" square piece that will do it.

You Beat Me! :blush:

• Member Contributer

You Beat Me! :blush:

Only 2 problems with that, (with all respect),...

1) It will scratch very quickly. (The edges can be kept from lifting with a little clear coat).

2) The stuff with the anti-scratch, flakes off.

You could, however, put the tint, on the inside.

P.M. me your address, and I'll toss a coulpe clips, (35% and 5%, in the mail).

Depending on finances, I'm sure Scot could put a resistor, in there. He may even just tell you what all you need, and how too. (Please, I'm not speaking for him, BUT he is that cool).

• Member Contributer
I went to see Scott at Blueguages.com for the same reason. Coupled with the reflection off the windscreen, it's distracting at the least. My brother, who flies, said the best color is red or orange so I went with that for the overall guage color.

Then I changed out the blue for high beam to violet.

I only had this picture without the high beam light on.

DSCF1899.jpg

Greg :rolleyes:

I gotta ask why you store your VFR in a large frig? Or was the air temp sensor just on the blink?

:blink: :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Actually, that depends on where you are. Summer didn't arrive in Nova Scotia until August. It just hovered around the 20C mark and rained for the J months.

That is partially atypical. This was supposedly the coldest summer on record, and I can attest that last year was not nearly this "chilly". Some fog and rain is normal of course. Keeps it nice and mild here. There are no 40C or -40C days either.

DSCF1899.jpg

I gotta ask why you store your VFR in a large frig? Or was the air temp sensor just on the blink?

:blink: :laugh:

No, :dry: it's just a shot from getting home Friday Feb. 13th in Port Dover. :ph34r:

It made me qualify for becoming the founder of the Canadian Regiment of 'The Brass Balls Battalian.'

NOTE: No heated chaps, vests, grips, wire harnesses etc. were harmed during this event. :cool:

The same, however, cannot be said for 'Wee Willie Winkie and The Two California Raisins' :ohmy: sad.gif

There were rewards however............... :biggrin:

DSCF1897_edited-1.jpg

DSCF1996.jpg

DSCF2005.jpg

DSCF1890_edited.jpg

DSCF1891.jpg

DSCF1892.jpg

Not considered :rolleyes: since we were talking lights, right? :491:

Greg :blink:

You Beat Me! :ph34r:

1) It will scratch very quickly. (The edges can be kept from lifting with a little clear coat).

Depending on finances, I'm sure Scot could put a resistor, in there. He may even just tell you what all you need, and how too. (Please, I'm not speaking for him, BUT he is that cool).

Offer much appreciated. I won't put ya out at this point while I'm still considering going all out with red backlighting ...

Anders

• Member Contributer

:blink: :ph34r:

I was about to say, "my temperature sensor doesn't go down that low!" when I realized it's in degrees Celsius...

And don't ask me how I know...

• Member Contributer

You Beat Me! :excl:

Offer much appreciated. I won't put ya out at this point while I'm still considering going all out with red backlighting ...

Anders

??? Kind of lost me. Red back lighting will not change the ind. lights. Did you talk to Scot? Will he add a resistor? It wouldn't put me out. Just let me know, if you change your mind, (while you have it torn apart). Only costs a stamp. (I can hack that). LOL. And, you're very welcome.

Thanx Rivcyko,

I'll let ya know. I plan to do something before I take an Oct. trip to see my son in Austin, TX. However, I've also picked up a 'track' bike and am spending some time with her as well :^).

ACE

??? Kind of lost me. Red back lighting will not change the ind. lights. Did you talk to Scot? Will he add a resistor? It wouldn't put me out. Just let me know, if you change your mind, (while you have it torn apart). Only costs a stamp. (I can hack that). LOL. And, you're very welcome.

What he said.....

All indicators are their own seperate led colors. Eg. Scott changed out my blue led high beam for a violet one

It could have been any color for that matter.

I believe some of the more 'inclined' members have even done these mods by themselves......

I, however, tend to fall more in the category of 'declined'...... :blush:

Greg :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Nope. The two seasons are "Winter" and "Construction."

Glenn

I thought there were only two seasons in Canada....Winter and July...

• Member Contributer
Am I the only one that doesn't have issues with the stock setup?

Nope. Been fine for me, too.

Anders,

Cool.

Greg,

Thanks for the shamless plug.

:offtopic:

DSCF1996.jpg